Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What if the passion (The Nasty, jigi jigi) has become Obligatory?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 name_me_Fjord
Msg: 1
What if the passion (The Nasty, jigi jigi) has become Obligatory?Page 1 of 1    
Is this when the Magic disappears? Or just a stage of my relationship! Case in point, The day had been going great, movie with the friends, lunch and Art gallery's. Once the day is over and we part with our friends, her and I are sitting at home watching a romantic comedy, as the movie is ending she says to me "Well I guess it's time for the Obligatory sex"

This comment, on my birthday is what ended the relationship, was I wrong? We talked about this at the time and I admit, being a guy took full advantage of the Obligatory position she put herself in and the morning I told her we had to end the relationship because of what was said. Could there have still been magic? Are my eyes just not willing to see?
 twelfth_dimension
Msg: 2
What if the passion (The Nasty, jigi jigi) has become Obligatory?
Posted: 2/26/2012 10:23:16 AM
The proper thing to do would have been to ask her to elaborate on what she said and then told her exactly how it made you feel -- not bottle it up, "take full advantage of the obligatory position" and then dump her the next day on a whim. If what she said made you feel sufficiently alienated from her to want to end the relationship, then you definitely should not have slept with her and saved the good news for the morning -- the fact that you two had sex probably made her think that everything was fine and that you took it as a joke.

On the other hand, if you are so incredibly hypersensitive, reactionary, and impulsive as to break up with someone over a single off-color (and probably tongue-in-cheek) remark, then she is better off without you.
 That_girl*
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/26/2012 10:29:49 AM
wow what a freakin douche bag rather then talking to her upfront an telling her how it made you feel when she made that comment an asking her just what she meant.. you decide to still get the p ussy an then dump her the day after apparently it didnt bother you too much that your d ick still got up to perform..apparently she never meant that much to you in the first place..
 mrmisterme
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 10:30:20 AM

We talked about this at the time and I admit, being a guy took full advantage of the Obligatory position she put herself in and the morning I told her we had to end the relationship because of what was said.

Gee, if it was the Missionary position, would you still have broken up the relationship?
 name_me_Fjord
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/26/2012 11:16:09 AM
We did talk about the whole issue and her statement and after a half hour she mentioned I should just sleep on it, so its not like the topic was mute. Sorry, I appreciate the comments, just started typing feels instead of words.

I presumed she was joking as well, so I went along, but to quote source and references on her part for more then 20 minutes, well, either she is to intellectual for me or my eyes are still closed.

A picture they say speaks a thousand words mrmisterme.
 17neptune
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/26/2012 11:46:15 AM

wow what a freakin douche bag rather then talking to her upfront an telling her how it made you feel when she made that comment an asking her just what she meant.. you decide to still get the p ussy an then dump her the day after apparently it didnt bother you too much that your d ick still got up to perform..apparently she never meant that much to you in the first place..

That_girl.....you are killing me today. Right on. You tell him. lmao.

I mean I had a whole speech and everything...but after reading the above quote...well, she drove the point....
 name_me_Fjord
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/26/2012 12:37:23 PM
Never once did I say it was not shallow of me and I will be the first to admit to being a douce at times, but she must have known the topic was not over when she said sleep on it. Perhap a test I didn' t see coming.

Perhaps it was a shallow relationship to begin with on both our parts and I should keep my eyes open to what I can not see. What kind of joke is Saying here is your Obligatory sex for your Birthday! Really, and that_girl, douce bag doesn't quite have the same effect on guys, think that is a girl thing.
 NicATX
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/26/2012 12:55:17 PM
She was likely joking. And would you have been put off or surprised even a little if she hadn't slept with you that night? Just curious. Maybe she'd been sensing some expectation on your part that she wasn't comfortable with. Either way though, you're WAY too sensitive if you stopped seeing her because of one questionable comment. Zero man points awarded from me. Sorry! Call her and apologize for being hypersensitive and hurtful, and you'll score some. :-)
 Pinky127
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/27/2012 6:48:12 AM
So your BIG head acted all hurt and injured,etc but your LITTLE head said "hey,go for it - you can dump her in the morning".

Wow,just wow
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/27/2012 6:55:23 AM
Coming from another guy, that was a pretty douchebag thing to do. You're either indignant and break up with her, or you don't care and sleep with her. Being indignant, sleeping with her, then breaking up with her the morning after is a shitty thing to do.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2012 7:19:19 AM

she says to me "Well I guess it's time for the Obligatory sex"

OMG. Pretty sure it was meant as a joke. Only she'd be able to tell you.

Then again.. we joke about March 14th all the time. You know.. Steak and BJ day.
 PutYouOnBlast
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/27/2012 7:21:20 AM
OP:

In a situation like that, you shouldn't have taken advantage of what she said and had 'obligatory sex', no matter how in the mood you were. The moment you did, you compromised yourself, hence, stooping down to her level. When she said what she said, it should have been an opportunity to ask her about it, and talk about it, not have sex.

You were just as wrong as she was for saying it, when you ended the relationship. IMO, it makes you seem just as cold.

We did talk about the whole issue and her statement and after a half hour she mentioned I should just sleep on it, so its not like the topic was mute. Sorry, I appreciate the comments, just started typing feels instead of words.

I presumed she was joking as well, so I went along, but to quote source and references on her part for more then 20 minutes, well, either she is to intellectual for me or my eyes are still closed.

This makes it even worse. You ASSumed that she was joking, you talk about it, and break up anyway? Wow....

Apart from 'talking about it' , I am guessing you are a person that needs constant validation or you are not happy. Now, I do not see anything wrong with what she said. You most likely deserved it.
 grizzelda
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2012 10:13:54 AM

we joke about March 14th all the time. You know.. Steak and BJ day.

Funny isnt it, if she had been upset with him over a joke, but still let him give her rent money, then threw him out the next day, there would be no end to the nasty names she would be getting called.

Perhaps the OP thinks that because he is a self admitted ***hole, it somehow excuses his behaviour....
 femaleconnection
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/27/2012 10:28:32 AM
It isnt as if we all say 'she was joking, give her another chance' that you will, right?

Just wanted us to know you got the chance to pump n dump me thinks....and on your bday no less.

Learn to actually communicate in the moment. It is a skill that will take you places.
 name_me_Fjord
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/27/2012 6:16:57 PM
Thanks everyone for the reply's, you have made my day a lot brighter (and that is quite the achievement living in sunny alberta)
 yellowlikegold
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/27/2012 6:21:34 PM
f yeah i actually think you made a good call all things considered. the obligatory sex? don't let a girl mess with you like that, you're a grown man.

sorry to disagree with everyone but this guy needs some support here!
 abelian
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/27/2012 10:45:08 PM
I think you need to develop a better sense of humor.
 1bellanella
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 8:31:34 AM
Well, OP, it sounds to me like you were looking for a reason to dump her. Or maybe you're a drama queen who throws wrenches into the wheel to keep things interesting. Either way, do the poor girl a favor and don't contact her again.

As far as that ^^^^ goes, I agree with Landra. You must be doing it wrong.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What if the passion (The Nasty, jigi jigi) has become Obligatory?