Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What Do You Think About People Not on Facebook?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *rem*
Msg: 7
view profile
History
What Do You Think About People Not on Facebook?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Not having a facebook account isnt a crime.
A few years ago a guy came running into my office screaming he needed a computer FAST or his life was over. He deleted his facebook account pronto. That too is not a crime but which would you prefer?

Edit.. I have a worse story about a woman that shall remain unpublished at this time.
 lalby
Msg: 10
view profile
History
What Do You Think About People Not on Facebook?
Posted: 2/28/2012 9:53:55 AM
I wouldn't be adding a potential date to facebook,would only add them after if we got on really.
I have very few net friends on my facebook and they are all people i like and from a smaller more intimate site where i think we all know what the others are like.

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if they didn't have it some people like it others don't.
 *rem*
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 10:09:13 AM

We are told at work that if we post anything about work or anyone at work we will be spoken to

The place i used to work for has introduced similar rules
 *rem*
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 10:19:39 AM
But why would you give your work access to your page??

Its the people you work with who you consider to be friends that are the problem.
 *rem*
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 11:02:54 AM
it just makes me laugh to think of the time and energy and money people waste on tracking people as boring as me.

You might not find it so funny when you find out who and why they do it.
MI6 used to recruit on NME (the music paper) and from facebook/myspace et al.
Certain undesireables didnt just get a visa by accident and come here.
Check out Shill Bots
 lalby
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 11:49:48 AM
I deleted my ex off facebook cause he commented on my wall and i had asked him not to.

You can go to the settings at the top of your friends online window and change it to chat offline.
 bennyblanco!
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 11:54:16 AM
Women do use Facebook as an emotional CV.
 sprite1950
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:23:33 PM
Fb is ok as long as you dont put anything personal on your status. If you dont want people to interfere in your life dont give them ammunition. I use it in a very lighthearted way and for keeping in touch with old friends but I wouldnt care at all if friends of mine didnt have it. Many people of my generation dont.
 Strider886
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 2:39:09 PM
If they don't want to use Facebook, that's fine by me.....

But it's really p1sses me off if/when they start spouting the Daily Mail esque, crap about stalkers, murders and pedo's and how people can take over your entire life and murder your family JUST because your on Facebook.
They clearly don't understand how it works, they fear what they don't understand and they're completely unwilling to learn or even listen to the truth.

If your careful and vigilant and don't befriend complete strangers, there's no problem at all.
 lalby
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2012 12:00:32 AM
I agree with Pauline on the kids n facebook n stuff ,My sons have fb but they are older but i created the account its private and they are allowed to add school friends and family and thats it,and at their age they are a bit more sensible.

My younger sister had a bebo account years ago and it turned at 14 she was talking to people upto the age of 30 some 30 year old guy had been sending her messages that were not fit for a 14 year old,they gave me the creeps it was scary and for that reason i wouldn't let my kids have something i couldn't monitor.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What Do You Think About People Not on Facebook?