Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > broken lcd laptop screen...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daffie
Msg: 1
view profile
History
broken lcd laptop screen...Page 1 of 1    
my toshiba lcd laptop screen is broken. it started with a few vertical and horizontal lines on the right side of screen with a black leaf shaped icon. after a few days the entire screen was unreadable, it now is a light blue colour.
i am always very careful when handling my laptop and wonder if the broken screen can be caused by an internal fault...and not always by "misuse". this one is still on warranty.
i have found where to buy a replacement screen, if i have to...along with instructions of how this can be done.
i haven't had much luck with toshiba, this is my third replacement laptop in three years!
thanking you...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 2
broken lcd laptop screen...
Posted: 2/28/2012 6:02:17 PM
If this screen is in warranty (broken screens sometimes land under accidental damage protection warranty) then by all means let the Toshiba techs swap it out - that way it's guaranteed if you have to send it back. It could have been internal but unfortunately, they have to make that call.

Buying your own parts and swapping the screen yourself is OK too if it's not covered, but may invalidate your warranty for other things, so check with the fine print.

P.S. I have two Toshibas and knock wood neither have given me any major issues, it sucks that you've had back luck with them!
 daffie
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 6:09:55 PM
thanks wip.

am sending it to toshiba...waiting for the courier now...and will take it from there...
 Bukleigh
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/28/2012 6:33:28 PM
Sounds like a typical problem that occurs "sometimes" with laptop screens. There is no reason to believe misuse is involved. There are several problems that can cause what you're describing ... it may NOT even be the lcd, but rather the video card.

Call toshiba, to get it repaired/replaced under warranty.
--------------------

If it's not under warranty .... Laptop prices have fallen quite a bit ... it's really not worth your while to replace a screen ... better off just buying another one. As well, depending on what the problem is, it may be something that will re-occur. AND it may not even be an lcd problem ... or ONLY an lcd problem.
 daffie
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 7:18:41 PM
^^^thanks aka.

i like to be aware of the possible/probable cause of any problem..."consumer aware" if you like.
yes, it's still under warranty,
and is going back to toshiba.
 daffie
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2012 2:20:08 AM
^thanks bil...

i hadn't been using my fan rest so this explanations makes sense...unfortunately i don't have another monitor to check...ditched the desktop years ago!
the courier will pick it up for toshiba tomorrow.

i'll let you know what the toshiba technos., say the problem is...
 PoetArtist
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/1/2012 1:32:45 PM
Here's hoping Toshiba fixes that laptop soon, and gets it back to you!
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > broken lcd laptop screen...