Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Musicians who date Musicians      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DameWrite
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Musicians who date MusiciansPage 1 of 1    
I'm already seeing someone and it is clearly stated on my profile but I don't hide my profile because I have other interests that I like to share, including making music.
I still get messages from musicians who want to share ideas or who ask me to critique, write some lyrics to or give them an idea of what kind of groove I'd add.
i like their input as well, and I'm not offending my partner by asking for input and then not using it.
So my answer is yes, why not use pof to look up musicians.
As for dating another musician, I think it really is better if each person keeps their own gig separate, only because it's such a personal thing. It can be too easy to be influenced by what your partner might suggest.
If I was a pro, I'd probably be desiring a salt of the earth type fellow who wanted to keep the home front up, that way I could concentrate without getting interrupted by domestics.
I want my creative space, but I like my veggies too!
 JoseMadre
Msg: 3
Musicians who date Musicians
Posted: 2/29/2012 12:04:30 PM

Just wondering if there are any other musicians that have found ways of interacting with other musicians online when looking for a partner? Or whether you've found ways to use POF to find such people?

Facebook. The only people from whom I accept friend requests, other than people whom I personally know, are Musicians Institute grads and professional musicians.
 DameWrite
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2012 10:47:00 AM
LOL I'm a musician who is teaching my new BF.
Yes you can look up others musicians...all you have to do is click on the interest (in the interest section of profile) and all the users that added that as interest will pop up.
 JBlongz
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/26/2012 7:11:41 AM
I'm looking for a musician too. Hard to find the right one
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/26/2012 5:57:26 PM
if both of you are musicians.......

who pays for stuff?

that's why musicians have girlfriends.

to pay bills, get beer and bring pizza.

k.w.
live and learn
 good guitar player
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 1:15:20 PM
I have done it and it works well but.....There are so few female musicians that it is hard to find one.
 _Iconoclast_
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2013 11:57:11 AM
I spent 13 years with my drummer, we were kids when we met.

I don't want to do it again. Have you any idea how hard it is to fit two creative egos under one roof?

Theorectically he should have been The One.

Careful what you wish for OP, you just might get it.

KidWicked has a point, lolol. We didn't have that problem, we both worked our asses off but it was rough.
 BigEyedFish8
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/1/2013 2:29:53 PM
I'd rather date a woman who at least understands quality music when she hears it, whether or not she is a musician. I am mainly a hobbyist these days myself, so egos wouldn't really be conflicting.
 bluesguitarb
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2013 4:07:03 PM
I think the thing you have to understand about musicians is they are usually emotional more so about music as I am does not respond well to criticism but excels with a partners support. I search for someone first that is willing to be a friend and partner.
 _Iconoclast_
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2013 4:32:24 PM
^^^^^^^Absolutely. I want someone grounded.
I've done well with math brained guys that appreciate our differences.
Most of them loved music but didn't play. Engineers, bankers, etc.
Married a hardworking blue collar guy. Marriage didn't last for other reasons.
Don't know if I'll ever marry again but I'm game for shacking up. Just gotta find the one who's got his feet on the ground but still enjoys watching me fly high.
 TomToriginal
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/5/2013 5:12:56 PM
Thanks Iconoclast. I was wondering if there musical differences could be a bad thing. Tough deal for musicians I can see. Oh well. Can't we just do it in A this time? Yeah...not good. LOL.
 towercastle
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/10/2013 2:56:29 PM
hi .............................................................................................................................................
 tuky
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/10/2013 11:51:48 PM
My exwife was the drummer of my band and things worked out good...of course once we broke up well that was the end of the band. I'm still extremely attracted to female musicians.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Musicians who date Musicians