Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Where do you think Peyton Manning will land next?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Where do you think Peyton Manning will land next?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Peyton Manning as many of you know has been released by the Colts today. Which team do you think Manning will land next?

Sportsfreak89
Msg: 2
Where do you think Peyton Manning will land next?
Posted: 3/6/2012 8:02:48 PM
I'm not too sure this is where he will land but I think Arizona would be a good fit for him. It would potentially bring in free agent WRs and just imagine him playing at his best with a workhorse WR like Larry Fitzgerald. Imagine deadly accuracy with insanely high vertical. It would make the Cardinals' offense tough to stop because if you try to stop Larry Fitzgerald one on one, you will look silly. If you try to double cover or triple cover him, that will leave another WR open and Peyton Manning will see that in a defense with his eyes closed.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2012 10:31:35 AM
Yeah. I've been hearing a lot of rumors on him landing in AZ. AZ would be perfect for him in my opinion it's a dome team, He has Fitz to throw to and if they picked up wayne as a free agent AZ would become a serious threat in the NFC again to deal with.
 Socalguy1962
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2012 11:30:27 AM
I think Miami is going to go all out to get him. I don't really see him going to AZ since they already gave Kolb a big contract. Though that would be a good match with Fitz there. There is also talk about Seattle going for him and Wayne. And Paul Allen does have deep pockets.
 MGMLION
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/7/2012 12:55:09 PM
If he wants to win another SB his best chance would be with the Texans...If he just wants to play and break records he will play someplace else.
 vbxtc
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2012 2:02:18 PM

If he wants to win another SB his best chance would be with the Texans...If he just wants to play and break records he will play someplace else.

Saw a rumor today that had Manning going there and the 'Skins possibly giving up a draft pick(s) for Schaub. That would work for me, since Schaub's already familiar with Kyle Shanahan's offense and knows how to make it run.
 dj24966
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/7/2012 2:44:31 PM
I think Miami will go all out for him, they don't have to really teach him much, and let's be honest here, Miami has not been good at developing QB's for awhile now.

Drafted Pat White and ruined his confidence with ease, While nobody can argue White was never the greatest passer in college, the kid was a freak of an athlete and could make plays with his legs, and did so in the NFL when things worked well, but really never had a shot with Miami sadly.
 carson72777
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2012 4:07:49 PM
I hope in Miami being a dolphins fan lol
 feltersnatch
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2012 8:37:01 PM
Here are the list so far that I heard in no special order, but I will grade it where Manning would fit:
Denver Broncos- I would say good chance and a good fit based on the front office. Plus Manning can easily push Fox around..He needs a control puppet.
Seattle Seahawks- Another candidate, but who is he going to throw to? Only way is to sign Reggie Wayne or Garcon...Or both.
Miami Dolphins- I truly believe this is the place Peyton is going to land... Add Reggie into the mix and it would be a certain. Plus more intense rivarily with the Patriots twice in a season. And if Manning does go to Miami I bet the first thing that would to come to his mind would be having to play the Patriots.
Washington Redskins- Maybe...Don't count them out.
NY Jets- Manning DOES NOT FIT!! Rex's loud mouth and Manning's humble style will certainly not mix....BAD FIT!
Kansas City Chiefs- I don't think so.
Cleveland Browns- Nope!
San Francisco 49ners- I heard too much that SF is sticking with Alex Smith, but I don't think Manning would fit.
 good_catch77
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/7/2012 10:54:22 PM

Saw a rumor today that had Manning going there and the 'Skins possibly giving up a draft pick(s) for Schaub. That would work for me, since Schaub's already familiar with Kyle Shanahan's offense and knows how to make it run.

Also the Texans are in the same division as the Colts, so for him to "stick it" to them twice a year would be bittersweet. Big time receivers with Andre Johnson and company...maybe pick up Reggie Wayne, scary combo IMO. Great RB, good O-line to protect him...I can see the fit. Plus its a ready team, they made the playoffs with TJ Yates what could they do with Peyton Manning?

Also the Redskins getting Schaub is a good fit for them with Kyle Shanahan as OC. He would have some admirable targets, esp at TE, but they also need a good #2 WR...Schaub is also a few years younger, but his durability is questionable. But Grossman or Beck could probably fill in for a game or 2
 newdejavu
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/8/2012 4:58:32 AM
Miami Dolphins- I truly believe this is the place Peyton is going to land... Add Reggie into the mix and it would be a certain. Plus more intense rivarily with the Patriots twice in a season. And if Manning does go to Miami I bet the first thing that would to come to his mind would be having to play the Patriots.

I vote for the Dolphins, too. Seems like an eternity since the 'phins had a good qb; and I like the rivalry games with the Pats. My upset pick would be the Chiefs if the 'phins don't reel him in.
 jordmax48
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:48:46 AM
He's def going to Washington or Miami. Only 2 viable options, except Kansas city has the spot if other two don't work out
 itechman63
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 1:19:19 PM
With Fitz in AZ, I see him heading there. With big receivers getting snatched up, Lloyd out of Denver, Royal likely headed to lower altitudes, and Reggie Wayne staying with the Colts I just think the Cards will be his choice.
 MGMLION
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:25:39 PM
I believe he ends up in Tennessee he has lots of ties here. If it happens I get to watch him during training camp.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/15/2012 6:09:15 PM
The story today was that if Denver can get him, they'll trade Tebow.
 GiantsFan90
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:47:26 PM
I believe he will land in tennesse.... more weapons, better line, ok defense and of course he loves tennesse and tennesse loves him.

To the point of trent dilfer he was a game manager and played his part to the T. He was never a franchise QB and they went to and won the superbowl because of that defense.

No offense to dilfer because he has a ring, but let be serious
 GiantsFan90
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/15/2012 7:48:51 PM
sorry for the miss spelling its Tennessee... (I figured someone will say something about it)
 Ampersand82
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/17/2012 1:13:38 AM
If he wants another ring he should go to San Fran. If he wants to money then which ever offers more. You'd think he'd have enough money at this point though.

A SF team with that defense and Manning under Center would be scary.

Any reason to stop being a Skins fan is a good one
 Justmytypewriter
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 10:44:15 PM
I think Peyton Manning will end up in San Francisco. They have a great defense, the league's most effective special teams and decent potential on offense. What they need to make it all the way to the Super Bowl is a QB that can actually lead the offense. Alex Smith still needs his coach to lead him every single step of the way, so Smith certainly isn't "it." And Manning will want to join a team that is a true SB contender. The Titans aren't SB contenders, nor are the Broncos (at least not in my book). I think he would be a great fit in SF, so that's where I see him headed.
 MGMLION
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/19/2012 9:36:36 AM
Official Manning a Bronco.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 11:40:24 AM
i don't get it. it's funny how Elway was like Tebow will be our QB going into next season and but as soon as Manning became a free agent Denver was jumping all over getting him. The funny part about it is no one knows how well Manning will perform after being a year removed due to injury. Not to mention how well his health will hold up, it's def a gamble. Still think that the 49ers would have been a better fit for him if he wanted a team that has the best chance of winning a superbowl.

As for Tebow he should ask for a trade and see if he can get a starting role on a team like the Titans or Dolphines that are really in need of a QB.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/19/2012 2:07:26 PM
Before this past season I kept hearing how the Colts were an 8 and 8 team without Manning - that he single handedly made them a 12 and 4 team and a perennial playoff contender. It turns out they were a lot worse than that, and that Manning covered a lot of holes through his stellar play.

Unless you're the Patriots, Packers or (maybe) the Saints, you'd be foolish not to throw money at Manning. I think he really is that good.

And watching the one Denver game I saw last year, I think he made a good choice. The one part of that team that really impressed me was the O line. Tebow got tons of time to find a receiver.
 Justmytypewriter
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 9:42:25 PM

Well it seems like Miami has given up the race. Anyone know why?

Given that Miami has reached an agreement with David Garrard a few hours ago, I would think that they had already decided to go with the more affordable and highly reliable Garrard instead of Manning while they are rebuilding their team. I think it's a good move for Miami. I would have liked Garrard in San Francisco, though, after Manning picked Denver. Alex Smith doesn't have any leadership qualities, imho, and Garrard is a true class act and tough as nails. He would have been a wonderful fit out there. Oh well. Guess I will have to watch the Dolphins more closely next season. I really don't care for them, but I enjoy watching Garrard play. Let's hope they make Garrard their starter and move Moore to the bench.

Edit:
The Sun-Sentinel reports that it was Manning who rejected the Dolphins. So they didn't give up the race, they were kicked out of contention.
 MGMLION
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/19/2012 10:55:14 PM
As for Tebow he should ask for a trade and see if he can get a starting role on a team like the Titans or Dolphines that are really in need of a QB.

There won't be no more than 3 teams interested in Tebow. Jacksonville and Maybe 2 others. Tennessee is definately not interested in him they have 2 QB's already and neither is the Dolphins.
 Justmytypewriter
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2012 12:22:25 PM

Before this past season I kept hearing how the Colts were an 8 and 8 team without Manning - that he single handedly made them a 12 and 4 team and a perennial playoff contender. It turns out they were a lot worse than that, and that Manning covered a lot of holes through his stellar play.

On the other hand, Manning created a few holes through his stellar pay.;-)
With the kind of salary that Manning gets, money is missing to pay for other stellar players.
Unless you're the Patriots, Packers or (maybe) the Saints, you'd be foolish not to throw money at Manning. I think he really is that good.

I don't know about that. Peyton has played more than half of his career games in a dome, and with the Titans, Jags and Texans making up the rest of his former division, he hasn't exactly faced the toughest away games (weather-wise). It's easier to rack up such numbers when you're unaffected by weather oddities. Rodgers and Brady are better QBs in my opinion, because they are playing most of their games in open stadiums in cold-weather areas. And after those neck surgeries he might no longer be the player he used to be.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Where do you think Peyton Manning will land next?