Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What turns a guy off when it comes to sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tutu_cute
Msg: 1
What turns a guy off when it comes to sex?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
If a guy likes a girl, what are some of the possible reasons of why he wouldn't have sex with her if both were interested in strictly having some "physical fun"?
 windchymes
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What turns a guy off when it comes to sex?
Posted: 3/7/2012 4:12:53 PM
Herpes breakouts

Girlfriend found out

Girl wants him to buy dinner, too

Masturbating is more fun

He gave it up for Lent

He just had sex with another girl and hasn't "recovered" yet

He's grounded

He's in jail
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/7/2012 4:35:37 PM

what are some of the possible reasons of why he wouldn't have sex with her if both were interested in strictly having some "physical fun"?

assuming everything is working right with him; the most common reason would be bad hygiene.
 1EnergyTurtle
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/7/2012 4:52:48 PM
Interesting question. If you asked 10 guys, you'd be likely to get 10 different answers based on each one's prior experience. There seem to be a lot of women who are willing to have sex with no strings attached these days. Regardless, there are always consequences of one kind or another.

First and foremost, if you are THAT attracted to someone why rush into all things physical? I'mean, wouldn't you want to know more about the person assuming you'd want to have more than a 1-time experience? Get to know who you plan to be intimate with, and intimacy will be that much more enjoyable.

With that said, maybe there was something along this process that turned "said guy" off and he decided it wasn't worth the risk of doing the dieu just to get a t-shirt.
 torontogirl10
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/7/2012 5:06:10 PM
when he finds out she's a virgin
 MDIYM59
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/7/2012 5:07:16 PM
1) POOR HYGIENE!!!!
2) Too many "no's" (No I don't do that, no I don't like this, no no no)
3) Must have complete darkness (no sex with lights on). We men are visual creatures
 damsel19
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/7/2012 5:11:37 PM
I know plenty of men who will have sex in the dark. They wont pass up the opportunity,no how...
 ChloroformRag
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/7/2012 6:22:12 PM
Hygiene.. thats about it for me.

Oh and also if they dont like to hold hands after
 Jamesat40something
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/7/2012 7:31:31 PM
hell freezing over
raining frogs
the 12 plagues of Egypt
an earthquake of mammoth proportions.
a tsunami
solar flares
mentioning 'pedophilia" in any context outside of a court room
 christyis4real
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/7/2012 7:37:20 PM
Perhaps she is too self conscious about her body and mentions all her flaws constantly even after he assures her that "it's all good", but she doesn't take his word for it. I hear that is a turn off for some. ;)
 aussiesealady
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/7/2012 7:48:42 PM
He thinks you are using him as a sperm donor to make a baby.
 windchymes
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2012 7:50:39 PM
Going for third base and finding a penis.
 c_deacon
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2012 8:00:06 PM
The test results are not in yet.....deal breaker right there.....

cd.......
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/7/2012 8:28:40 PM
SMELL....

tatas that fall down past her elbows when they come outta that bra and bailing wire...

hairy bush.

bad taste
 tutu_cute
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/7/2012 8:56:45 PM
Well, thanks for the responses. I certainly don't have any freaky stuff going on like STDs/STIs, and definitely am particular about personal hygiene given that I work in the healthcare field and intend on becoming a nurse. Maybe guys don't like girls being straightforward about their manscaping and it is very likely that they like being in control of when they want that sort of thing to take place. Virgin or not a virgin; I don't know. There seems to be mixed feelings on this from what I have read in a previous thread.
 AngelofHonesty
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/7/2012 10:23:06 PM
What turns a guy off when it comes to sex is "NOT GETTING IT ENOUGH" hello, let's get freaking real here!!
 good_catch77
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/7/2012 10:33:44 PM

Interesting question. If you asked 10 guys, you'd be likely to get 10 different answers based on each one's prior experience.

Plus 10...

Cannot really add to the list, most have been said that's on mine.
 DameWrite
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2012 11:36:06 PM
Maybe he doesn't believer you when you say just physical fun?
 king20c
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/8/2012 12:16:05 AM
gotta agree with some of the posts ive read on here, hygiene is number one on the list. he might also be worried that one of you will want a relationship
 Pingshooter
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2012 3:03:42 AM
Not in any particular order...and...with the mindset of no significant other involved with either party.

Personal hygiene
Fear of STD
Fear of pregnancy
Fear of falling for the other..hence, no longer "just physical"
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2012 4:28:01 AM
I'm assuming we can set aside all the things that would have been established already, under the heading of "both people are already turned on by each other physically." Therefore I'll ignore the stiff like how the gal smells and whether she insists on wearing a giant pirate hat all the time.

The number one thing that would turn most guys off, I think, is that the woman behaves as if the sex is just another business transaction to her.

Even, or perhaps even especially, the people who are out to have sex just for fun, want to feel that both of them are thoroughly enjoying each other as people. If the guy gets the feeling that he's just a large robotic dildo, or the gal gets the sense that a picture of someone else plastered across the bag over her head would make the guy just as energetic, they'll each likely find that it isn't fun or satisfying at all.

Even when we don't expect to have anything more to our lives together than an occasional tryst, we still want very much for it to be important to each other , that it's this person who we are choosing to spend this time with, and not just anyone who happens to be in the area at the time.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/8/2012 4:42:21 AM
Basically,he's just not that into you.Who cares why.Next.
 OutMind
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/8/2012 6:32:11 AM

in strictly having some "physical fun"?

Anything for fun that is strict, is going to leave one or the other feeling empty, resentful and wanting something more than just physical, thus one or the other will want to either take the relationship to the next level, or withdraw to avoid the pain.
 dondea
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2012 8:16:29 AM
Messaging with a woman on POF that I have never met IRL and she says come over and let's f*ck. Really happened this morning. Are you freaking kidding me???

Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2012 8:23:03 AM
Met a bubbly attractive blonde girl lawyer on the train whilst commuting. We just hit it off from the start and she invited me to this party which I went to and had a cool time until she invited me to stay over with her, but I declined - her kissing was just a real turn off! Shame!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > What turns a guy off when it comes to sex?