Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ex's on pof?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AngelofHonesty
Msg: 2
Ex's on pof?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
It wouldn't bother me one bit. I know my ex loves fish, so the fact that he's trying to get PlentyOfFish, is no surprise!!!LOL
 BChamp1226
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/8/2012 2:58:02 AM
I actually helped my ex-wife write her profile on OKC. No biggie, if she's happy, then my daughter is happier when she's around her.
 Walts
Msg: 6
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/8/2012 5:36:40 AM
All my exes are dead.

russell5417
Msg: 8
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/8/2012 6:44:05 AM
An ex gf told me about POF. I don't know if she is still here or not.
 PutYouOnBlast
Msg: 9
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/8/2012 6:53:02 AM
Too bad your ex doesn't post in the forums. That way, you could see for yourself if his profile was already up when you dated him.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 10
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/8/2012 8:34:56 AM
I have seen my ex here...and I was actually matched to my ex on another site by that site's matching process...I got a laugh out of it. I hope he finds someone he can be happy with.
 OzzGirl22
Msg: 11
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/8/2012 10:49:28 AM
When I first saw my ex-husband on a dating site it made me laugh out loud because what he wrote in his profile was nothing like him. Reminded me of the Pina Colada Song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVdhZwK7cS8
 SpittyKitty
Msg: 14
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/8/2012 8:11:28 PM
Yes. And it makes me worried, because he scares me.
 OCRebellion
Msg: 15
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/8/2012 8:15:19 PM
Yes...and it's creepy because we live in different cities. I wouldn't have known, except for the fact that I clicked on the "who's viewed me link" and there he was. He isn't a good person, so I fear for any female who comes in conact with him.
 ForumsGee
Msg: 22
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/9/2012 9:43:24 AM
Yes, a few of them (x-bf's) ALL puffing themselves up to be wonderful healthy minded men! One is a sex predator/pervert who was exposing himself on a sex site! but on here is he looks the picture of innocence.
All wanting ltr - bunch of bull because they are flitting from one woman to the next, giving them all verbal diarrehea

Thats why I take this site witha pinch of salt..just here for the Forums at least it gives me a laugh!
 Maleman999
Msg: 23
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/9/2012 11:13:28 AM
I view seeing an ex on here no differently than seeing an ex at the grocery store or at Walmart. Why would anyone care? It seems like some people have an issue with it. Especially the people who are spouting hateful garbage like "If only the others knew what an arsehole, SOB, blah, blah, blah he/she is. They will found out the hard way like I did." Guess what. The ex who sees your profile is thinking exactly the same thing about you. The main problem is people are jealous when they see their ex moving on in their lives and seeking love again without them. Bitter ex's want and expect their ex to be curled up in ball in the corner of a room crying about how terrible he/she has been in their relationship. It confuses the bitter ones who don't have the mental capacity to understand the concept of letting the baggage go and moving on with life.
 bubbles321
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/10/2012 6:23:10 AM
Yes! so is my ex on several dating sites including paid ones for past 5yrs ?? My girlfriends saw him on here with the dog and told me 2 weeks ago .... so dumped him n moved on but still txtes me to say i am his true girlfriend n love n rest just f/buddies ??
wow! what world does he live in ??
 mrcs84
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/10/2012 8:55:36 AM

He did write his faults on his profile, but made it look like it wasn't his fault or it wasn't a bad thing For example. "I am codependent and unemployed. Stupid economy."
Economy had nothing to do with it. He did not want to work, cause he was lazy and kept making up excuses. When he broke up with me, I told him about that, and it pinched a nerve with him. "I am a chronic over-sleeper and night owl." Translation, he stayed up all night playing his little video games and then slept during the day. "
If you don't like to go out much, that's a plus." He had no money to go out, so there wasn't much we could do. Hell, he didn't even like to go out and do things that were free. So basically complaining that all we did was watch movies and cuddle wasn't really my fault. Also, he keeps saying he is a great guy and doesn't hurt anyone. WRONG..

People are going to play up their strengths and downplay their faults on their profiles. You're not going to see things like, "I am a class 9 clinger that will go crazy if you won't respond to each and every one of my texts within a timely manner" or something else that may come across as obtuse. Why would anyone put in their profile that they like to play video games all night and then sleep the day away?

Personally, I think this thread is just a round-about excuse to bash an ex that you found on here. I hope you feel better now that you got to vent about him.
 grewvyguy
Msg: 41
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/6/2018 9:14:33 PM
HaHa that's funny.
 Nestaron
Msg: 42
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/6/2018 9:18:53 PM
Define Ex you mean as actual relationship? Nope see ladies that aren't very fond of me from teen years though, I was not a nice young man and we will just leave it at that.
 feirene
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/7/2018 2:35:07 AM
i found 2 of mine on here. one i'm still in contact with and he has a normal profile but his pics were awful so i gave him some advice on how to do better pics, he did a good job of them. dunno if he's met anyone off here or not.

the other has a female profile despite being a guy, which is creepy to me (after my experience with him) but he may have just filled the profile gender in wrong.
 Cynderella
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/7/2018 2:53:23 AM
Nope....he knows I'm on here and is best suited to not tread on my territory.
I stay away from his.
Mutual respect.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 45
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/7/2018 3:44:11 AM
A female friend of mine in NY who is divorced recently went on Match.

She saw my ex & sent me the link.

We laughed our a$$es off.
Then we got scared.
We agreed, if all the men online are as delusional as him, that is who she was meeting ( & who I used to meet)

There are 2 sides to each story, sometimes one side is Fantasy Island.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 46
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/7/2018 4:39:55 AM
On a 6+ year-old thread...

After breaking up with my GF, she turned up in my matches here. I won't lie; my initial reaction was to fold like GSP had just shovel-kicked me in the nuts. I quickly got over it, though, and told myself something along the lines of, "GTFO it, Arlo!"
 julystorm7
Msg: 47
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/7/2018 7:12:57 AM
I already spent a wall of text talking about seeing my ex on POF 10 years later so I won't get into much detail here...

I was going through the Meet Me pics, hitting check mark or x and on one pic I stopped for a second thinking that guy is really cute and likable and I hit the check mark. 10 seconds later the guy messages me and I have no idea who is is but he knows me then I find out its a guy I used to date and really liked but he dumped me. His profile was great and it described the guy I used to know. We talked a lot the first couple days and met a couple times but it fizzled for various reasons.

I catch myself every week or so visiting his profile and reading it (with my settings set so he can't see I look). I'm so pathetic about it. I know I need to let go and I've been dating other people but geez it sucks. One of these days I'm going to cave and message him, I just know it.
 sundress1
Msg: 48
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/10/2018 8:23:42 AM
One of my friends was on Match. She noticed one of my past boyfriends was on it. She showed me the profile. He wasn't being completely dishonest. He had added a few inches to his actual height.
 julystorm7
Msg: 49
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/10/2018 9:14:30 AM
[Quote]One of my friends was on Match. She noticed one of my past boyfriends was on it. She showed me the profile. He wasn't being completely dishonest. He had added a few inches to his actual height.
I can't understand the point of lying about your height. As soon as you meet and see the guy is shorter than you it's so obvious he lied. Back in my younger years I went out with someone online who lied and said he was 5'9 when obviously he was shorter than 5'8 because I was taller than him. He was a nice guy but I couldn't get over the height issue. For me height is the most important physical characteristic of a man I'd date and it's just a waste of both our times if you lie.

I know a woman who lied about her age (my cousin), said she was 27 when she was actually 37 and ended up dating a guy who was 22. She got pregnant, he moved in and then one day he was shocked to meet her 21-year-old daughter who told him her mom's real age. Now it's 8 years later and my cousin is really starting to show her age. I guess lying works for some people.
 south_city
Msg: 50
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/10/2018 11:14:48 AM
I have seen a few ex-girlfriends on POF, Match, even Tinder. It's not a big deal. Unless they had sent you rude emails because the relationship had ended on bad terms. In that case, simply block them.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 51
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/10/2018 12:39:34 PM

(julystorm7) ...

I catch myself every week or so visiting his profile and reading it (with my settings set so he can't see I look). I'm so pathetic about it. I know I need to let go and I've been dating other people but geez it sucks. One of these days I'm going to cave and message him, I just know it.

I take back what I said earlier about wanting to meet you. Nothing dampens a guy's ardour faster than hearing a girl's mooning over an ex.

Or, maybe that's a tactic you've developed, to deal with guys who can't take hints -- just tell a guy you don't like, that you're pining for an ex, and watch 'em skeedaddle!
 Whisky_River
Msg: 52
Ex's on pof?
Posted: 3/10/2018 1:50:05 PM
I have no ex's on dating sites and never would go back to the one I do have irl.
I do talk to him though...if I see him...not bitter but definitely know it would never have worked.

@julystorm....a little help with the quote thingy...if you like...

[ quote] cut and paste the words you want to quote [/quote ]

Except no spaces and no capitals used in the word "quote"......
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ex's on pof?