Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > thin/hot women into overweight guys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 One_Can_Dream
Msg: 1
thin/hot women into overweight guys?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I apologize if this is repetitive but i did a thread search for over an hour and could not find any topic with this exact subject matter.

Anywho I have been talking to an old friends sister I haven't seen or talked to either in over 10 years. We are all friends on facebook for past couple years but never really talked until a couple weeks ago. Her and I started up conversation on some of my photography she liked very much and was asking if I would do portraits of her one day. Well our conversation continued to grow and grow and we are talking everyday. She says she has always like me as in wanted to date but never brought it up as she only thought I could only see her as her brothers little sister. We have made plans to go out and see where it takes off to but kinda has me wondering why she likes me so much. She is a gorgeous women and has a very athletic type body and I am pushing 375lbs. She could probably have any guy she wants between her looks and her personality. It's not like I am loaded or anything I had due recently move back in with my parents because of a financial down fall and she knows this. I am just curious if any women out there or guys that have been in this situation any insight on why she would truely be interested in me. Anyone I talked to in the past that seen a beautiful woman with a fat man they would always say he must be loaded and so forth.

I am not trolling for attention or anything like that this has just been on my mind and I am wanting some insight.
 _PassionFlower
Msg: 2
thin/hot women into overweight guys?
Posted: 3/9/2012 6:24:58 AM
OMG!!! If she does like you, she wont after you bore her with urself pity....Im a big girl, I only date thin guys...suprise, suprise!!! I dont do big guys, tried it...didnt work. I have thin girlfriends who only date big guys, suprise, suprise!!! The guy im dating right now is tall and thin, he doesnt like thin girls because of the "bone issue", he says it hurts....he loves my belly flap, hip rolls, and big thighs...its called a preference...
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2012 6:25:15 AM
Some women like big guys that can "protect" them. Or they find are cuddly. I don't understand, but I think the ladies can go into specifics.
 icallbs
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/9/2012 6:30:00 AM
Sounds like you have an internal confidence problem. Unless you genuinely suspect her motives, just accept that she wants to get to know you. If your core cannot accept it, don't let her get to know you. This is likely about you, not her. How many times do we get someone (guy or girl) posting "oh, if only someone would look past my weight/looks/whatever-trait-i-am-insecure-about"? A LOT.

It sounds like she likes you. Like yourself and she may continue to like you!
 One_Can_Dream
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/9/2012 6:39:30 AM
I definately can accept it I was just curious about all this and don't get me wrong I am extremely happy because we are hitting it off so well. We are having great conversations and everything is clicking so well! Just never really thought about this sort of thing before.

And to anyone I seem to offend with this such as the first reply I apologize. I feel it is a valid question and I am sure others do and would like to know as well.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/9/2012 6:44:48 AM
If you buy into the hype that people only want others just like themselves, than that is what you are going to end up with.

Not everybody wants a rail thin woman, or a rail thin man. You dont have to be thin to like to look at a thin body type, no more than you have to be fat to admire a fat body type.

I have only ever dated 1 man who would be considered thin in my entire life. I tend to gravitate to larger men, and not just in height. Thier softness goes well with my bony edges...lol
 lightbrownsuga2luv
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/9/2012 7:10:18 AM
Opposite do attract. However, be careful, be confident no matter your size. If it bothers you that you are over weight, then so something about it. If not be who you are and always feel confident.
You said something about her liking your photos, could be a way of you taking pics of her for free...don't know...that's why I said be careful.
Although opposites do attract, some can and will use their beauty to get what they want.
 CulturedBlackMan
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/9/2012 7:17:47 AM
From what Ive come to understand by the post of many of the ladies here in the forums......despite connection in conversation, you'd do yourself a real favor by approaching this as just a friend....or even just business seeing as she wants pictures taken. Its hard to imagine 375 until its blocking the sun.....and there is no vibe/spark....Im just saying
 _PassionFlower
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/9/2012 7:18:17 AM
Im not offended. You lack confidence and I was trying to give u tough love. This subject is NEW TO YOU, but old as dirt. Just believe in urself, and show her a good time. Take control, be the man, not the pu**y.
 One_Can_Dream
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/9/2012 7:47:59 AM
Thankyou passion I guess I misread your first post and apologize for that.

CulturedBlackMan. I agree with you. I am not charging her for the photos she is signing a modle release so I can use the photos for advertising purposes when I do get my photography side business up and running. We talked that over prior to our conversations lead deeper and making plans to go out instead of just doing the pictures. Her previous bf was a larger fella also I believe around 300lbs so it is obvious that she is into the larger fella side of things.
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/9/2012 7:50:20 AM
I don't think you pity yourself. So you give a little information about yourself to give us a clearer picture as to who you are.
I have a friend who weighs in at 230Kg's. I have seen this man naked numerous times as I assist him with his showering. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met.
We converse about four times a week and can discuss anything because we trust each other. He is not rich, in fact I have helped him out occassionally with a bit of shopping for his need's.
Would I ever date him? No.
With obesity come's health issues and with a family of my own to take into consideration dating him would not even come into the equasion.
Please don't mistake 'Caring' for 'Love'.
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/9/2012 7:58:41 AM
You should be more confident. If she flat out told you she's interested like you said in the original post, I don't see how you can misread a connection the way CulturedBlackMan says. I think you also answered your own question with the info on her ex.

By the way, it's good that she likes you for who you are, but have you considered losing weight for health reasons? At your weight range I think a daily walk and healthy diet alone will do wonders (unless it's a genetic thing). Best of luck.
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/9/2012 8:17:59 AM
^^^^^Daily walks? As if it were that simple.
People have legs sure.....Not all leg's can support a person's body weight. Most issues with an obese person are with their legs. So they take medication which leads to more medication to control side effects from the medication they are taking and then more medication to control the side affects that are causing more side affects from the new medication that caused side effects.....and so it goes on.
Exercise programs are not usually encouraged to be undertaken by people who are obese and are on medication, so life is bloody tough for them.
Even IF they lose weight they still have excess flab which add's to the scales as 'Extra weight'. Unless the government steps in and waves a magic wand to rid obese people with their 'extra' skin their is little hope of ever being a 'normal' weight.
 christyis4real
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/9/2012 8:28:00 AM
Ya know...not all women date/like men based on weight and looks alone. Maybe you have a great personality and she digs it! You question it like you don't deserve anything better. STOP IT! But DO guard your heart in case it doesn't work out.

Enjoy your date!
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/9/2012 8:30:31 AM
As I said, it may be a genetic thing. With that in mind, the two things I recommended aren't going to result in the massive and instant weight loss that you think will cause excess skin flabs.
 One_Can_Dream
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/9/2012 8:30:59 AM
Julietsdestiny

thankyou for the concern. she is definately interesting in dating as one of the things she talked about is she wondered how her family would feel about us dating since her brother and I were best friends back in highschool.

Tsubame_Gaeshi.

yes I have acually lost 42lbs since jan 1st. I was at 415lbs. its coming off and I want to lose it for the health reasons. She tells me that I dont have to lose weight that i am perfect how I am and when I explained to her that I am not losing it for anyone but my self for health reasons she understood why I wanted to lose the weight she initialy thought that I though I couldn't find someone unless I lost weight. I want to live a long life and my weight is the only potential health issue that would have an impact on that. My doctor can't believe my bloodwork comes back perfect. He says he is on ten meds and can't get close to the numbers my bloodwork comes back with.

also I want to thank every that has replied it is putting things into a better understanding for me which is what i was looking for.

edited to julietsdestiny

I have no medical conditions with my leg and as of the first of this year went on a diet go to the ymca mon thru fri. my problem was I was just to damn lazy before. i know that was a bad life choice on my part in the past but working on that now. Just glad I got some sense knocked into before it was even later in life.
 deere rancher
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/9/2012 8:50:50 AM
Not to be mean OP.. but as suggested use this georgous woman ...
as movivation to lose weight ..! it would do wonders for your confidence
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/9/2012 10:03:06 AM
Good call on the YMCA, I attend yoga and other fitness classes there too. It's a lot easier to stay motivated and have fun when there's other people there doing it with you.
 AngelWithGuns
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/9/2012 10:20:20 AM
Everyone has preference. Hey, if this woman is into you face to face and not just giving you compliments on FaceBook, go for it. The only issue I have is why is it taking so long ( you say the past couple years you have been chatting )?

See her in person and see what happens.

Some people do not see weight as an issue, some do. I think all of us have seen couples where one is way larger than the other, or whatever the case may be.

Maybe she actually likes you...but you will not really know until you see one another face to face, and actually spend time together.
 One_Can_Dream
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/9/2012 10:26:52 AM
angelwithguns

we have been on facebook for the past couple of years but only started talking daily about a week and a half ago after I put up some more picture from a recent trip up to a park in my area that has some great water falls and other natural feature that make for some amazing shots. At first it was just talking about the photos and then the conversations got more toward a possible dating.

maffers

thankyou for the concern and i do realize that which is what knocked sense into me and been making good progress since the beginning of the year.
 infennario
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/9/2012 10:35:08 AM
Oh, OP, yes. Of course, be healthy. But, there are women of all shapes and sizes who love a big cuddly man. I like to say it this way: if a football team were in a room, I would be smitten with the linesmen, not the quarterbacks or receivers. If he’s also bald, forget it- I’m a goner. Yet, it is the quarterbacks and receivers that approach me. I dated a gorgeous bald linesman-type (smart, funny and politics like mine, too) recently who was so nervous about his looks and so hesitant, it petered out because he wouldn’t just lay a big ole kiss on me after 4 dates, so, I thought I was unattractive to him. When I told him how attractive I thought he was, he didn’t seem to believe me. He never did say that he found me attractive, so I’ll never know. Guess not. Anyway, yes, some of us like bigger men who just wrap us up in their arms. To top it off, when I told two single female friends this, BOTH of them agreed with me. It is their ideal too.
 ThatGirl092
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/9/2012 10:55:16 AM
It's just a matter of preference OP. I have a friend that is very pretty, thin with a small frame. She loves overweight men. Her current b/f is probably about 300 pounds. He has a handsome face and is big, kinda remind me of her bodyguard. But, they are soo cute together. He has alot of confidence too. He doesn't let his size define him, and neither should you. You have a cute face, talent, and a good personality. You are a good catch to many women, remember that!
 AngelofHonesty
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/9/2012 10:57:40 AM
Oh brother...here's some insight...maybe just maybe, she really likes you. Maybe she like the way you make her feel, maybe it's because yall have been friends for a while that she's so comfortable with you, hell it could be a number of reasons, but why ask why. First we get the whinning about noone is attracted to me because I'm overweight, now this, I need a freaking break already!!!!!
 Scriv2012
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/9/2012 10:59:06 AM
Be confident in yourself. If you lack self confidence now because of self image issues, change yourself. Diet and exercise, get to a point where you are comfortable with yourself. Dating a woman you think is "out of your league" can give your confidence a huge boost. However, it can also be nerve wracking.
I'm a not-so-fit blue collar guy, I once dated a stunning lawyer. At first I was wondering why this awesome woman would be interested in me, but I relaxed a bit and together we had a really nice time. Relax, and see where this takes you.
 lacalli
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/9/2012 11:09:48 AM

Anywho I have been talking to an old friends sister I haven't seen or talked to either in over 10 years. We are all friends on facebook for past couple years but never really talked until a couple weeks ago. Her and I started up conversation on some of my photography she liked very much and was asking if I would do portraits of her one day. Well our conversation continued to grow and grow and we are talking everyday. She says she has always like me as in wanted to date but never brought it up as she only thought I could only see her as her brothers little sister. We have made plans to go out and see where it takes off to but kinda has me wondering why she likes me so much. She is a gorgeous women and has a very athletic type body and I am pushing 375lbs. She could probably have any guy she wants between her looks and her personality. It's not like I am loaded or anything I had due recently move back in with my parents because of a financial down fall and she knows this. I am just curious if any women out there or guys that have been in this situation any insight on why she would truely be interested in me. Anyone I talked to in the past that seen a beautiful woman with a fat man they would always say he must be loaded and so forth.

Maybe you're a sweetheart and you treat her well and make her feel loved and cared for and safe (I meant emotionally but maybe physically as well) Maybe she trusts you and feels she can talk to you and confide in you. Maybe she likes your personality but is also attracted to you on top of the brother/sister friendship you already have. Maybe you're a great guy and she sees that and is smart enough to know a good thing when she sees it and go for it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > thin/hot women into overweight guys?