Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Fukushima Disaster - 1 Year Later      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OnlineFishBowl
Msg: 1
Fukushima Disaster - 1 Year LaterPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
does anybody even care any more?

hard to believe it's been a year since the earthquake hit Japan causing 5 of 6 nuclear reactors to melt down. one of worst of them were reopened & gave tours while still contaminated. we've been getting disinfo the whole time, being lied to our faces just to keep the public calm. there's been no warning bells on the radiation levels that have floated over to to North America because both Canadian & US governments just kept raise the safe cesium levels. i tried to find old statistics online to compare to the new readings but wouldn't you know it, they all seemed to have disappeared. not a good sign. let me know if you see any please.

i could go into how the quake itself is questionable, but won't at this time. just hear to respect the Japanese people who have died & those who are suffering in tremendous pain from the exposure & devastation. i just don't know what to say to them. i had a friend from facebook in Toyko who last year told me she lost her job as the owner died from the tsumani. she wasn't herself, distraught & disillusioned trying to remain positive. i told her to leave but she wouldn't. after a few arguments, she stopped talking to me. i just hope she's alright

in other news, we're being bombarded with a massive solar flare atm which was causing a lot of quake activity yesterday & today. Alaska, California & the rest of the Pacific rim have been shaking for a year straight as well. sill think North America will be the next big quake. we're just due

http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/

http://www.iris.edu/seismon/

ps. notice how the maps don't always match up? they're making it look like less on purpose
 OnlineFishBowl
Msg: 2
Fukushima Disaster - 1 Year Later
Posted: 3/9/2012 10:25:03 AM
"Planetary Genocide": Fukushima One Year Later : The Poisoning of Planet Earth
by Dr. Ilya Sandra Perlingieri

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=29658
 ohenryx
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2012 10:29:44 AM
Where oh where do you get all of this incorrect information? A tabloid that you read in the supermarket checkout lane?

3 of the nuclear reactors suffered a melt down, not 5. That’s plenty bad, you don’t need to misrepresent the facts to make it look worse.

And nuclear experts are all relieved that it wasn’t any worse, it is not nearly as bad as the Chernobyl incident.
 OnlineFishBowl
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/9/2012 12:17:42 PM
hahaha.... i like how you correct me only to rationalize that only 3 nuclear meltdowns is considered "ok". that would make it at least 3x as bad as Chernobyl according to my misguided math skills. even so, they're still sending radiation up into the air & ocean with no end site. how is not bad for us?????

btw air currents between the northern & southern hemisphere don't mix due to how the air currents flow. we were getting exposed over here within the first week
 veevee
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/9/2012 12:22:16 PM
solar flares? ears perked... that I'll have to check out, could take out the satellites ...
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/9/2012 1:22:30 PM
There are natural disasters and man caused ones everywhere that cause much pain and suffering.
It's heartbreaking and also you see what people are made of that live through them and volunteer.
I have lived through one.

To make a DIFFERENCE is to become involved or send money not light candles and have a vigil.
 carolann0308
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2012 1:28:11 PM

i could go into how the quake itself is questionable, but won't at this time.

Nothin' sexier than a conspiracy theory.
 MondoVman
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2012 2:12:13 PM
OP, would you prefer "Sea quake, then run?"

"Get over yourself soon." said the wistful card purchased at Conspiracies 'R Us.
 OnlineFishBowl
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/9/2012 4:21:13 PM
i was thinking more of mini nuke, HAARP induced quakes or another high tech weapon we haven't been allowed to know about yet. if a real 9.0 had hit, Tokyo would have been leveled
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/9/2012 5:46:35 PM
I read it was/is much worse than Chernobyl.
and is still spewing out radiation.
which is still blowing onto the west coast of North America.
As well as half of Asia.
 judydentures
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/10/2012 6:24:42 PM
I think it's much worse then they said, and there was a coverup.
And I believe that the oceans have been highly contaminated, and the air most definitely had high amounts of dangerous radioactivity, and it was downplayed.
Looks like this has caused Japan to totally rethink nuke energy.
 AlwaysSmiling401
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2012 6:48:07 PM
i could go into how the quake itself is questionable, but won't at this time.

Yep and 911 was plotted and executed by the Bush administration. The towers were actually taken out with explosives and not caused by a jet flying into them.
The Pentagon? That wasn't a jet either but a missile fired by the American Military.
We aren't sure why the American government wanted to kill their own citizens on a mass scale we just know they did it!
The sky is actually green, not blue.
If you look hard enough @ the stars you can see little green men coming to get us all. But they might get wiped out by solar flares so maybe we don't have to worry about them.
Oh and make sure you look under your bed and in your closet every night before you go to sleep. There are some scary bad monsters in there that want to steal your soul.
Opera isn't really a woman but a life sucking vampire.
Obama is not really an American but a sleeper agent for an Alien race bent on dominating Earth.

That's it I am taking my tin foil hat and moving to mars all these crazy things happening just freak me right out.
 red_fir
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/10/2012 6:59:51 PM

i was thinking more of mini nuke, HAARP induced quakes or another high tech weapon we haven't been allowed to know about yet. if a real 9.0 had hit, Tokyo would have been leveled

I have a thought (I don't do that often so prepare yourself for a novel experience),
If you read up on the Yangtze dam in China you'll find that as the dam has been filling local earthquakes have been a constant companion and grow more frequent/stronger as the dam fills up.
In short I think the massive weight of an inland ocean is causing displacement and megatons of materiel are being pressed into the magma.
Even before the dam began to fill the eggheads were saying that the earth would grow shorter from pole to pole and the circumference would increase due to the dam.
I think they were in error,
I think that a dynamically balanced orb is reabsorbing the displaced materiel and moving new megatons to other portions of the globe to balance out the fresh imbalance caused by the Three Gorges Dam, it seems to me while we had tsunamis and earthquakes before they have accelerated since the Three Gorges Dam has been filling. It could be years before the displaced materiel is back in rough balance so I think we will have an erratic reeling earth for quite some time.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2012 6:44:38 AM
Fracking for natural gas here has also been shown to be responsible for earthquakes. Humans are considerably responsible for the acidification of the world's oceans.
http://ecocentric.blogs.time.com/2012/03/02/sea-changes-ocean-acidification-is-worse-than-its-been-for-300-million-years/
So, it is feasible that giant Chinese reservoirs could be changing plate techtonics in the region.

Time will tell how much the Japanese government and TEPCO covered up in the ongoing disaster. It was human error that built the Fukushima nuke complex in a tsunami/earthquake prone area. It was human error that did not adequately plan for sufficient, safe backup power to avert the meltdowns. The ensuing coverup is politically motivated, trumping science to try to minimalize liability for TEPCO and by extension the Japanese government.
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2012/01/fukushima-cover-up-unravels-too-much-radiation-to-cover-up/
http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/03/09/the-dangerous-myths-of-fukushima/
http://theintelhub.com/2012/03/05/one-year-after-fukushima-defining-and-classifying-a-disaster/

While we all got a dose of the Fukushima fallout. Closer to home, few lessons have been learned as our crumbling, corroding fleet of nuke plants, 3/4ths of which are leaking tritium, continue to operate without sufficient oversite, without adequate backup power plans, a politicized regulatory environment, and the everpresent danger of human error.
https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/03/05-2
 GatesMW50B
Msg: 15
i tried to find old statistics online to compare to the new readings but wouldn't you know it, they
Posted: 3/11/2012 9:15:44 PM
You would have to look up information from the Chernobyl accident to make any valid comparisons. Since Cesium 137 does not occur naturally, and it is easily detected
when compared with naturally occurring radioactivity. It was detected in New Jersey at our state radiation monitoring facility 2 weeks after the releases. The reading was minuscule.
 onlydateIF
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/11/2012 11:17:35 PM
I understand the concerns both about haarp and also fracking and the big damn. As for checking your local rads: you can check the radiationnetwork -has an up to the minute reading all over the US, some of Canada, and sometimes Japan and hawaii. My understanding is the site is site online data contributed to by volunteer geiger count stations. I kept tabs on it after Fukushima-one of relatives was over there. Found it to be pretty reliable, at least to me who doesn't have her own geiger to read off of. Hope that helps you keep track, as thats why the network exists.
 OnlineFishBowl
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/18/2012 12:32:46 AM
150 MPH Super Typhoon Sets Aim At Japan: Fukushima Near Center Of Forecast Track - “Expected To Intensify”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Accuweather
By Evan Duffey, Meteorologist
Jun 17, 2012; 11:32 AM ET

Guchol, a tropical cyclone in the western Pacific, rapidly strengthened Saturday afternoon, local time. Winds are now in excess of 150 mph, making Guchol a super typhoon, the highest classification for tropical cyclones in the western Pacific. If Guchol were an Atlantic Hurricane, it would be considered a Category 5 storm.

enenews.com/accuweather-150-mph-super-typhoon-sets-aim-at-japan-fukushima-near-center-of-forecast-track-expected-to-intensify-and-already-the-highest-category-storm

COMMENTS:
Posted by Anonymous on June-17-12 7:54LikeDislikeReport SPAM

We all better pray that it doesn't hit the Daichi reactor number 4 and dump the spent fuel rod pool. We'll all be moving to South America and Australia if that happens.
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/17/2012 7:19:23 AM
Wow. Cesium-137 has a half life of 30 years on the shelf. It is constantly decaying so that every 30 years half of the amount present at the beginning of the 30 year period is gone. Cs-137 decays to Barium-137. Ba-137 has a half-life of approximately 153 seconds. If you accidentally ingest Cs-137, it's usually treated with Prussian blue, which chemically binds to it and reduces its biological half-life to 30 days ...

As for the 14 reactors and 'things-that-go-bump-in-the-night' ... these are under RUSSIAN control. Russia doesn't like other countries looking into its 'nuke things'. Remember the 'Kursk' incident? That crew COULD have been saved, but the Russians refused offers of help until it was too late because they feared 'international exposure' of their 'secrets' or failure to maintain protocol or something. Don't look for Onkel Vlad to change ANY of this in the near future.

The Japanese reactors ... geology is geology is geology. Why not advise California that their idea to build the Diablo Canyon nuke plant directly on a known existing fault line is fairly high on the Stupid Scale ... ? But then, I forgot we're dealing with 'Gullible's Travels' ... reality need not apply. "We're all gonna DIEEEEEEEEE ... !"

Try living through hurricanes and being flooded four different times ... there are things as bad as - or worse than - the things you get all over-wrought about ...
 norslyman
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/18/2012 5:33:18 PM
Good list of articles here:
http://www.naturalnews.com/Fukushima.html

It's a massive cover-up. It is going to poison a huge chunk of the Pacific Ocean.
It is a preview of Revelations when 1/3 of the fish die in the Oceans.
Much of the Water becomes undrinkable.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/20/2012 3:28:21 PM
Unfortunately the radiation won't kill the fish.
Their life cycle is too short.
They will be eaten by other fish and by us.

WE will suffer as we do live a much longer life cycle.
And some of us will live a shorter cycle due to the accident.

Much of North America is now contaminated due to wind currents.
Radiation is dispersed throughout much of the Pacific.
Eating any ocean fish should be avoided.

And the reactors are still spewing radiation.
The accident....never ended.
Only the coverage of it.
 Tah,
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/17/2013 1:59:09 PM
My country's media mentioned the two year anniversary of the tsunami, it failed to mention anything about the three meltdowns ofr the nearly 200 thousand refugees from fukishinma or the millions that should be , but because of the cover up they arn't. Didn't mention how half the kids in the area have growths on their thyroid...

They don't mention this was an american designed reactor with a serious serious design floor and how theres about another 30 of these things still in operation with the same design floor (basically if they lose the outside power source they're up shit creek)
 relaxingwithyou
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/18/2013 2:57:49 PM
Didn't mention how half the kids in the area have growths on their thyroid...

Talked to a woman who recently came back from a visit to the area. Tumors everywhere, mostly kids.

I sailed on a Greenpeace ship 20 years ago on a anti-nuclear campaign. Even then the governments were defensive instead of paying attention to the hard facts we offered them from worldwide coalitions of scientists and environmental attorneys. No matter how hard we tried including risking our lives to prove the severity of the situation, they didn't listen or respond to logic. Nuclear energy is never safe and incredibly reckless and insane.
 rocking ritschel
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2013 5:59:38 PM
haha Nothing like a nuclear tan,LOL.That verse in Revelations is quite an eye opener it really is too me.Prophesy coming true right in front of ones eyes?
 Tah,
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:02:08 PM
prophecy/history...
 Tah,
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:06:59 PM

ven then the governments were defensive instead of paying attention to the hard facts we offered them from worldwide coalitions of scientists and environmental attorneys.

have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbbSEkyPtkY&list=PLATD8y2t4uXe-DZGUMZd1ggY_PsQ7hDI7&index=6

In school, we are taught that the people involved in this disgusting event, are heroes, in fact i believe a few of those who lied profusely and pathologically, have been knighted...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Fukushima Disaster - 1 Year Later