Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Woman gives birth to almost 14-pound son      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Woman gives birth to almost 14-pound sonPage 1 of 1    

For months doctors had warned a Southern California woman that she would be having a big baby.

But no one expected him to be this big, when the healthy boy weighed in at 13 pounds, 14 ounces after being delivered by cesarean section, the North County (Calif.) Times reported Saturday.

"How'd he fit?" was the immediate reaction of his mother, Cynthia Sigler of Vista, Calif., after the delivery on Thursday.

While doctors estimated two months ago that Jayden Sigler would weigh about 9 pounds, they increased his size to 11 by early March, his mother told the newspaper.

Jayden's birth weight almost doubles that of his sister, Jailyn. The now 2½-year-old was 7 pounds, 2 ounces at birth.

According to kidshealth.com, most full-term babies weigh between 5 pounds, 8 ounces, and 8 pounds, 13 ounces.

Dr. Jerald White, the attending physician who helped deliver Jayden Sigler at Tri-City Medical Center, said he was the biggest newborn he had ever seen in the over 20,000 babies he has helped deliver.

"It wasn't so difficult that it created a problem for anybody," the doctor said about delivering a very big newborn by cesarean section, which can be more difficult.

But it did make sense why the end of Sigler's pregnancy was so challenging.

"When I saw how big he is, I understood why I was in so much pain," she told the North County Times.

But Sigler's son doesn't come close to the biggest newborns of all time.

According to the Guinness World Records, the heaviest baby weighed 23.75 pounds. Born in 1879, he died 11 hours after birth. Guinness also notes a 22.5-pound baby born in Italy in 1955. More recently, a 19 pound, 2 ounce baby boy was born in Indonesia in the fall of 2009.

Even though Jayden didn't come close to those numbers, Sigler said she has had to make some adjustments to accommodate such a big baby.

"My sister took back the newborn and zero to 2 months clothes yesterday," the new mom told the newspaper.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/woman-gives-birth-almost-14-pound-son-231707124.html

All I got to say is damn that's a big baby!

Here are the pictures of that 14 pound baby...

http://www.nctimes.com/blogsnew/news/healthcare/oceanside-big-big-baby-boy-born-at-tri-city/article_c35a14f4-c022-5144-b4ce-28a3949c9d02.html?mode=image
 OopstooLate
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Woman gives birth to almost 14-pound son
Posted: 3/11/2012 9:40:41 AM
Last summer my sister gave birth (vaginal delivery) to an 11 lb 2oz (22 inches) baby boy, with absolutely no ripping. Lol...my largest got stuck at 10.2 lbs (23 inches) and they cut me open...some can do it others cannot...but seriously I'd hate to have that vagina...lol
 Molly Maude
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2012 12:21:32 PM
that's why God invented vaginal reconstructive surgery ...

mommies who have big babies like that usually have diabetes or gestational diabetes ... your sister's baby, Meje, must have looked like a butterball!!! my last child was only 10 lbs., 12 oz. but was 25 inches tall ... everyone said he belonged in the Peds Nursery instead of the Neonatal Nursery!!! I got all the comments ... "does he talk yet?" "is he walking?" "how old's your baby, 9 months?" etc.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2012 12:27:44 PM
Lol...I live 5000 km away so I didn't get to see him. I just laughed and laughed though...he is a chubby but also large boy...in 12month clothing now...my sister however was a size 3 when she got preggo with him...I have it on good authority that she gained approximately 110lbs during the pregnancy...lol
 jojoaus
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 2:53:25 AM
My dad was 13lb at birth... we joked that it was why his mum wasn't too keen on him.... My girl was 9 lb 10 oz... big enough for me. Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..
 Soul Union
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/10/2012 4:15:28 PM

Woman gives birth to almost 14-pound son.

My first wife gave birth to our son Malcolm, who was 13 lbs 2 ozs. Our daughter, Jean, was 28 ozs when she was born, three months' premature. This kind of thing is not unusual, especially these days with hi-tech medical procedures, like incubators and what have you. My daughter's story was splashed across the middle two pages of the Scottish Daily Mail in 1975. Baby Jean Defies the Odds.

Best wishes to everyone, including the spectacular and the astonishingly anonymous.

Peter.
 bhawk01
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/10/2012 4:35:45 PM
And i thought the tearing during the birth of my 7lb 2oz son was scary! bloody hell!
 SmilingSalmon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2012 8:50:02 PM
My youngest son was 10# at birth and 21" he was skinny and his head was not large at all. He just had heavy bones and muscles and lots of black hair.

To this day, at 32, he still has heavy bones and muscles and is slim. He just LOOKS STRONG. He is blonde and 5'10".

My oldest, a daughter, in comparison was 6# 13oz. and was 21.5" long. She was also skinny, very skinny with lots of long black hair. She looked very lanky. Today she is still very petite and only 5' tall, but still looks lanky even though she is not skinny. Some kind of visual illusion going on there. She is naturally blondish, but colors it darker.

Now my middle child was 8# 8oz. and was 20" long and he was chubby and had a huge bald head that looked like the full moon. He was the hardest to give birth to. Today he is 5'6" with a small build, lots of black hair and freakishly strong, like 30 big men. His head is normal size LOL

Babies, you just never know what you are going to get!

SS :-)
 knt3
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/17/2012 6:34:14 AM
Wow...

I know a lady who had a big baby and now he's 2 yrs. old. People think he's 4 yrs. old right now and try to talk to him like he is 4. When he replys like the 2 yr. old that he is, people think he's stupid, slow....or whatever you want to call it. She has to tell people all the time that he's just a really big 2 yr. old. Good grief! I'm so glad I'm not raising little ones anymore. I'd be too tired having to explain my child everytime he encountered an adult.
 bwena
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/17/2012 9:15:07 AM
I can't even imagine why they are letting women have vaginal deliveries at these sizes! What is this doing to women's bodies!! Holy crap! They had to cut me and my son was only 7lbs 9 oz. It makes me hurt for these poor women! They know how big these babies are going to be! Why are they not doing more C sections for women who need it???
 cotter
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2012 9:12:20 PM
I had four ...
1st ... 8 pounds, 6 oz
2nd ... almost 10 German pounds ... over 10 American pounds
3rd ... less than 5 German pounds
4th ... well over 10 German pounds ... long and thin.

All were vaginal births ... three I had an episiotomy and none with the last birth.

... but seriously I'd hate to have that vagina ...
Vaginal tissue is generally very elastic, but can also tear as the baby's head is produced ... only right at the entrance. The vaginal tract though is very elastic and adaptable.

If it's going to get "sloppy", then that's generally inherited just as "saggy" breasts are inherited ... has nothing to do with wearing a bra or not.

Some women maintain good "tight" vaginas ... no matter how many babies they have or vaginal births of large babies they have.

Some of us maintain perky breasts ... no matter how many of our babies we breast fed ... no doubt because a female relative also had nice perky breasts.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Woman gives birth to almost 14-pound son