Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > FWB do they really exist      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thebabylion
Msg: 1
view profile
History
FWB do they really exist Page 1 of 1    
I have to meet anyone who has actually managed to make this happen.
How many people who have there profile set to intimate encounter have actually had that intiment encounter?
Im just starting to wonder because I've had now progress what so ever , so of some one has any suggestions please feel free to weigh in on the subject.
 ITWYLD
Msg: 2
FWB do they really exist
Posted: 3/10/2012 9:33:49 PM
MOST if not ALL girls your age have their needs already taken care of through boyfriends/special friends/FB/FWB within their own social group.

Curious as to why you missed the boat on this......

BeeRad82
Msg: 3
FWB do they really exist
Posted: 3/11/2012 3:56:55 AM
They exist.

Few advertise their openness to the concept.

Still gotta become their friend, i.e. invest something into the "relationship". I'm finding it's more of a natural occurrence/progression than a stated objective for most women.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 4
FWB do they really exist
Posted: 3/11/2012 9:10:25 AM

Still gotta become their friend, i.e. invest something into the "relationship". I'm finding it's more of a natural occurrence/progression than a stated objective for most women.

Yes.

Unless you are looking at the group of female friends you already have and plan to proposition one, it's not something you can actually do. An FWB is sex in an environment where you know and trust the person because you are already friends but have no interest in ever dating them, and it's a mutual agreement where both know it will never become anything else.

All else is just casual or convenient sex with a hint of acquaintance added in. Many people will agree to an FWB (or typically, something else in disguise) by saying they are OK with just sex while wanting more. In those cases it usually goes bad and that person gets hurt.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 5
view profile
History
FWB do they really exist
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:31:52 AM
Not here looking for an intimate encounter. Have never been here looking for that. I have had a few successful, long term, FWB relationships. Still friends with the 2, married (and divorced) the one, and currently with another that started out like that (4 yrs).

Yes.. it can happen.

There is a HUGE difference between intimate encounter and FWB. One requires you actually, you know, are friends first. The other just requires you want to have sex.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 6
FWB do they really exist
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:27:45 AM
FWB is still a relationship...it is just predetermined by the 2 involved that it wont escalate into a marriage (unless they both agree to modify the relationship).

So, you need to already be friends with someone to obtain this.

Intimate Encounters is different. Thats more like a phuk buddy...2 bodies in the night and all that, with no friendship in the mix to 'complicate' things. If you are going to go this route, just be honest and dont promise anyone a freindship if you really dont mean it. There are woman who will go for it, but if they sniff you are playing games, you wont get the cookie.
 Jayne0927
Msg: 7
view profile
History
FWB do they really exist
Posted: 3/12/2012 8:51:19 PM
You are a very bright woman.
 ITWYLD
Msg: 8
FWB do they really exist
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:29:11 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And that is precisely why I never have a man in my friendzone, if I am the least bit attracted to him........it gives 'SOME' men thoughts and ideas.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > FWB do they really exist