Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can guys be bisexual?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 neck romancer
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I ASSUME they can.. but cant say for sure. I have a friend who claims to be bisexual but in speaking to him I believe hes just gay and sleeping with women because he thinks your supposed to. He seems not to be attracted to women like he is to men. If he is infact bi then he definitely leans more towards men.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/11/2012 6:04:09 AM
It is my suspicion, that sexuality for everyone is more of a rainbow-like continuum, or spectrum than a simple set of category boxes.

Even adding labels like "bisexual" to the list of existing ones wasn't near enough to fill out the full range that people can experience.

Think about how you express your own sexuality: you do it through more than who and what you have coitus with. You do it through what you will get physically close to, what you enjoy smelling, tasting, thinking about.

Every part of your being is involved with it, and therefore, any part of your being can play a part in what label someone might care to put upon you.

Thus, people can be mentally multi-sexual, without ever having physical sexual contact with any of the possibilities.

You can be heterosexual, but celibate. If you are, can you really say you are sexual at all? If you are homosexual in your mind, but steel yourself to only have coitus with the opposite sex, does that mean you are really hetero?

When you stop thinking about sex as a single act or set of intimate actions, you can see that there are many many possibilities.

If by chance, OP, you are among those who think, or have been influenced to believe that someone who says they are bi, are actually "gay" and hiding it, I can't help you. Some folks are just stuck angrily demanding that "gay" is a contact-acquired, permanent disease of some sort. They are among those who pride themselves on refusing to think or to learn, or to observe anything in the world.
 Kariann71
Msg: 6
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/11/2012 6:35:59 AM
It's definitely possible, although they tend to prefer one gender more strongly over another, they're still attracted to sex with both. I've had a few bi male friends who were quite open to discussing their sexual views. Fascinating stuff.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/11/2012 10:46:02 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If any man tells you he never had sex with the same gender he is lying to his teeth.

Uh?! Not so much. Please do not transfer your sexual dalliance across gender lines to other males, nor to women. Your peccadillo is way beyond my ken. With no desire to expand my horizons.

As for the OP's question, perhaps those individuals who are sexually active across gender lines are more rightly called pan-sexual: Their sexual gratification is of utmost priority and the source of that gratification is unimportant.
TK
 want to travel
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/11/2012 1:28:06 PM
It is not a question of if someone believes it
it is a simple fact
bisexuality does not mean gay,I was married to a bisexual woman, it also does not have anything to do with being loyal, honest,better in bed and so on.....
fact more heterosexual people cheat!!
 woodsaw
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/11/2012 5:54:01 PM
well of coues just like a woman can kind of a dum question i think thank god i ant gay
 whytwater
Msg: 13
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/11/2012 7:18:09 PM
Definitions, and categories, were designed to help humans sort things out, organize data, think more clearly.
Too often, the defining terms become labels, the labels become pejorative terms, and clarity of thought, even thought itself, is the first casualty.
Igor's continuum thought is most probably closest to the reality; I'd just add that what one human may "be" today, based on his/her behavior, is hardly a reliable predictor for what that individual may be come dawn. A human, with each passing day, is kinda fluid, too.
 whytwater
Msg: 16
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/11/2012 8:22:59 PM

IMO, I dont think guys can be bisexual. IMO, I think they are gay....

So, is it just the guys who are either hetero or gay, with their single-core processor brains? Or is the same rule applicable to all women? If so, bad day for lotsa trendy 20-something girls who identify as "bi" or "bicurious", lol.
 starkheart
Msg: 19
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/12/2012 9:35:46 AM
There's actually a very simple test for bi-sexuality vs. gay, and it works for both men and women: if you see an attractive person of the opposite sex and "undress them with your eyes" or imagine sex with him or her, but you DON'T often do this with people of your OWN gender, even if you occasionally have sex with people of your gender, you're not gay, and may not even be bi ... if you fantasize about people of your own gender about as often as you fantasize about people of the opposite gender, you're bi. If you fantasize about people of your own gender, and rarely or never do so about people of the opposite gender, then you're gay.

It's not about what you DO, but rather about how you THINK...

At least that's the way I see it.
 ohenryx
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:46:56 AM
Veevee in msg 9:

I'm saying that being bi gives you twice as many chances to get laid.

Robert Heinlein said that it doubled your chances of having a date for Saturday night.

Back in the old days (80s) we had our boundaries and walked uphill to school both ways.

Yes, but was it through 3 feet of snow?
 want to travel
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:14:32 PM
When I was in high school
our art teacher made a very keen observation
so many men, 1' prefer to spend time with there male friends, and 2 are addicted to sports,go to great trouble to get anything from there favorite 'team member',including used sports jerseys (yuk)
in my opinion this is a red flag, as to there level of attraction to the same sex
but they can not admit this to themselves
in nature, the primate, has the alpha male, the rest do display homosexual behavior
why would it be any different with man!!
 no_1_bby
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:32:01 PM

IMO, I dont think guys can be bisexual. IMO, I think they are gay....

So, is it just the guys who are either hetero or gay, with their single-core processor brains? Or is the same rule applicable to all women? If so, bad day for lotsa trendy 20-something girls who identify as "bi" or "bicurious", lol.

whywater, I thought about that aspect, girl on girl. IMO, I think girls can experiment, and still be heterosexual. IMO, I don't think that holds true for men. I think that bi men have a stronger attraction to other men. IMO....Im not gay, I've never been with another woman. I just wouldnt want to be with a man whose been with another man.....

@PassionFlower I think your logic is seriously flawed.
 Userfriendly1957
Msg: 24
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/14/2012 8:14:28 PM
stupid question....shows your ignorance
 krause1987
Msg: 26
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/16/2012 12:15:38 AM
I would also like to take this time to denounce the existence of homosexuals and heterosexual. Its clear to me that people who only like one gender are fooling themselves.

I want you all to think about that comment, isn't that a ridiculous and absurd statement? Well guess what, saying the same thing about us bi's is the same thing. Furthermore women can and men cant? Please do explain this to me. Since it seems by both of those logic's, you can say cars can run out of gas but tucks can't.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/16/2012 3:59:49 PM

@ no 1 bby......its cool if u like to sleep with guys who like to sleep with guys. To each his own. Lots of women are "beards" for such men, hollywood has many such couples. If u like it, who am i to judge.....I DONT WANT TO SLEEP WITH MEN WHO SLEEP WITH MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My issue with what you said had nothing to do with who you want to sleep with. It was the fact that you said men couldn't BE bisexual, only gay, but that women could be with other women and still be considered straight.

SOME bi men prefer men.

SOME bi men prefer women.

SOME bi women prefer women.

SOME bi women prefer men.

You can't emphatically state 100% that a bi man is gay because it is not accurate.

I'd really prefer if you didn't sleep with the bi guys anyway.... I'm a bit greedy and don't like sharing. So that means more for me.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 32
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/16/2012 4:03:37 PM
no they cannot.... guys are either bisexual is homosexual...just with a twist !!
 ironman333
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/30/2012 7:37:52 AM
If women can be bisexual , get married to a guy , have kids and grow old together. Why can't men? we need to stop forcing our believes onto other people and actually start listening to what they have to say. If they are strong enough to tell you that they are bisexual i am sure they are strong enough to tell you that they are gay as well.
 Jonna67
Msg: 39
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 3/30/2012 6:46:33 PM
I am friends with guys that are totally gay and will never be with a woman, plus I am friends with bi guys...My bi friends will have sex with a male or a female, as well as doing a 3sum with both...They normally have no preference to male or female...I am bisexual and enjoy sex with either one..
 want to travel
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 4/26/2012 2:30:58 PM
The truth is most people are Bi
since DR Kinsley sex study found only 10% of the population is exlusivly hetero, and 10% homosexual,everyone in between is well in between
virtually every sex study since has confirmed this
for most of us, it is our culture ,and the inhibitions that come with it that keep us in line
this dof course does not mean that everybody, tries same sex
only a very few do
instead the attraction to the same sex manifests itself in other things, for example, sports, many men are smmite
by there favorite jock,often even ignoring wives there children for sports
 Camper2Camouflage
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 4/30/2012 5:13:30 PM
Sure, but for many reasons and to a different degree, I love women 1st and foremost but i love oral sex, giving it most of all so the rest just happened. Let's say i have all kinds of friends!
 onehappyfellow
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 4/30/2012 5:40:17 PM
Not only guys but gals can also be bisexual I have a friend, have known him many years, whose partner is bi and he just loves it. Bi ladies are a turn on for many men.
 irish_kreme
Msg: 53
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 5/9/2012 11:52:36 AM
there is something really regal about a hard****with a helmet head.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 5/9/2012 12:31:56 PM

if you like to either give or receive ANY kind of pleasure from a man then... you are gay!

Awesome! I'm GAY!
 MsMicki
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 5/9/2012 1:14:27 PM
^^^ OMG......tea out the nose!!

Good one!
 ralgolfore11
Msg: 60
Can guys be bisexual?
Posted: 5/10/2012 4:36:14 AM
Once you try gay you are there to stay
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can guys be bisexual?