Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Texting or calling?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Texting or calling?Page 1 of 1    
I'm 100% in favor of calling.

I think it might be a generational thing, though, and you're not going to please everybody, so I think you should go with what feels right for you.

I think that your reasoning that it seems more serious if you call and that you want to put a voice with the profile is reasonable.

If the woman you called then somehow indicates that she would prefer texting, you can go with that if you're comfortable with it.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 5
Texting or calling?
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:36:34 AM
If you are in Junior High, then text. If you are grown up, then call.

Texting is just moving the conversation from the POF Inbox to another screen. It is NOT progression on any level. Adults like to hear voices because they understand communication is more then just the spoken words but the tone and emphasis too.

Should I sent a couple of texts first, then ask politely if it's ok to call?

You are kidding, right ? Pick up the phone and call. If she answers you can check if it's a convenient time to talk. If it isn't find out when you should call back. This isn't rocket science.
 IanM00ne
Msg: 8
Texting or calling?
Posted: 3/12/2012 11:27:43 AM

Don't text her and ask her if you can call her or she's going to think you're a wimp....Just call

In a generation where texting happy birthday is accepted, having manners is considered being wimp. I will never understand.
 OSGF
Msg: 9
Texting or calling?
Posted: 3/12/2012 11:42:16 AM
It depends. When you got her number did you tell her you would call her, text her or none of the above? If a guy tells me he'll call me, then I expect a call, not a text. Example, I met a guy recently who asked for my number and said he would call me. He then clarified it and told me he would text me because he's a texter. So, a text or call would've been ok in my book.

Jayne0927
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Texting or calling?
Posted: 3/12/2012 8:41:52 PM
Frankly, I think texting is just a way out of having an actual conversation with the other person. There's nothing like hearing the guy's voice, whether it be on a voice mail or one on one. Texting for kids is fine, but once you get to be over 25, start making actual calls!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Texting or calling?