Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > I have to upgrade to see who viewed me now???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~Hams~
Msg: 29
view profile
History
I have to upgrade to see who viewed me now???Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

haha, just take alookin the pof site/suggestions/help threads!!

I was just thinking the same thing Cinders - It looks like ww3 has kicked off in there!

I never get many women looking at my profile anyway so this new viewed me charge doesn't bother me.

As long as we can still view profiles,send and receive msgs ,post on the forum and organise events I'm still happy.
 Forrest Grump
Msg: 36
view profile
History
I have to upgrade to see who viewed me now???
Posted: 3/12/2012 11:22:13 AM
Do I smell rotting fish here?

All these "newbies" to the UK forums complaining.

It's funny how they have all arrived at the same time.
 BouncyBall
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 11:40:49 AM
Just noticed this, its a bummer. Personally I really liked the feature, though this probably won't be the last feature we'll be losing in the coming months.
 Sugra66
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 11:46:29 AM
I mostly use the app on my phone to access POF and the viewed me feature is still on there , doesnt show dates/times viewed but does show who is online atm.
 TomWB
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:05:09 PM
PFO or should I say the Muppets show.
Will be leaving at end of week if todays site changes are not reversed.
Turning in to a good con.
I don't mind the adverts if the site was 100%v free.
Greedy people will always get their come just reward.
Any body know a 100% membership free dating web site in UK
Let me Know Please.....
 aqua56
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:11:32 PM
Its all wrong charging for the" to see who viewed me" section........months ago they stopped being able to check if your sent messages had been read...now this....think they should be reminded of the slogan in their heading...FREE..online dating...
 tenpastseven
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:11:41 PM
I have pondered this life-shattering change at great length (whilst I was waiting for the kettle to boil). I've decided that in order to recreate the emotional thrill of seeing who viewed me, I'll record various episodes of Crimewatch and fast forward to all the photofits. Sorted.
 fleursky
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:17:09 PM
Bit annoying not to see who's viewed but that's only because we're so used to it being a free feature..............

Plus side is I can now perv away without people knowing
 tenpastseven
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:23:20 PM

It is a good way to see, if someoen has actually read oyur message also, ie if I send a message, then I see, she has visited my profile at least I know that, she read my message, and looked at my profile. Now I haven't got a clue, who read my message.
POF are not stupid, they know it's a useful tool to have on here, that's why they are charging. It's ok saying, it doesn't amtter, but as I said I think at's quite useful to have.
Someoen visits my profile, I like them, I message them! I send a message, they visit my profile, I know they have at least got the message, and read it!

That's simply not true though. Even prior to this change, if the user you messaged had their setting at "Allow users to see I viewed their profile" (or however it's worded) on "No", you wouldn't have known then if they'd viewed you or not. And even if someone viewed your profile, it doesn't necessarily follow that they read your message. They could have looked and thought "Nope!" without even opening your message! Remember the days of 'unread/deleted'?
 LaPlume2
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:35:03 PM
@ Lusipher: Dude, calm down. You are not the only pof user, other users are free to express their opinions. Your personal attacks are simply sophomorish, to say the least.

JUST CHILL.
 tenpastseven
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:35:24 PM
You've missed the point. It is nothing to do with having your profile hidden. It's to do with being able to browse anonymously.

In your mail settings, you can select whether you want people to see if you've visited their profile or not.

Set this to NO and NO-ONE can see if you've looked at their profile - whether they've messaged you or not. You would NOT have known if they had visited your profile if they had implemented this option in their settings.
 tenpastseven
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:40:05 PM
I disagree that people won't pay. There were people who paid for that pointless 'serious member' nonsense.

People are lonely. People want to find someone special. People will pay if they think it will yield better results in attempt to find someone.

POF doesn't have the best reputation as a tool to find a serious relationship - let's face it, it's seen by many as little more than a global knocking shop. Perhaps adding a fee element will make it be seen as more than that. Psychology, innit.
 matt e
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:56:50 PM
Haha cant believe the strength of feeling on this one.
 Jo van
Msg: 77
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:06:08 PM

Strikes me that people who defend POFs actions may have had a stagnent "viewed me page"..... just an observation

Or maybe they just have a different opinion. Just an observation.

Strikes me that the people who see this as some sort of 'loss', are deluded.

People look at me all day long, in the real world, it doesn't necessarily mean they fancy me.
(Though obviously, most of them do..... )

Surely a viewing of your profile means nothing, they may just be a bit myopic..?
If they've looked at your profile, and not contacted you, that probably means "no thanks"
remember: "No messages IS a message"....

The woman on the meat counter looked at me again today, I'm sure she's harbouring lustful thoughts....

tenpastseven
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:06:34 PM
I haven't looked at the viewed me page for so long it may well have grown so much mould it's evolved into a new life form. It wasn't a useful feature to me - as has been pointed out several times on this thread, what does it matter if they didn't subsequently message you? What, did people go through it thinking "Oh well, there's someone else who didn't think I was attractive/interesting/smart enough to message"? Did people genuinely think it was a hint for you to message them, purely because they viewed your profile? When bored, I've viewed the profiles of people I wouldn't touch with a shitty stick, let alone message. And I bet I'm not the only one......

Yes, I can see the argument that 'free' things are being taken away, but the uproar is disproportionate to the event, surely? You get very little in this life for nothing and things inevitably change.
 *rem*
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:11:44 PM
let's face it, it's seen by many as little more than a global knocking shop.

I heard a woman say that. I was surprised by her attitude at the time. Didnt see her again.

POF only has one attraction. And its wearing very thin
 *rem*
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:14:42 PM

On the plus side, 'i can easily hide my stalking habits now they cant even see if i,ve viewed them' mmwwwwaaahhhaa haa ha

Nobody ever sees me viewing their profile.. so no loss there.
 tenpastseven
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:23:09 PM
^^^exactly!! "Oh viewed me, must think I'm purdeee...." "Oh, viewed me! Must be too shy to message!".

Bollocks.

Maybe I don't give a damn because I've long since decided that this site - and possibly internet dating in general - just isn't for me. Yes, I keep my account to read the forums and participate from time to time (like...umm...now), but that's about it. Trying to find the diamond in the monumental pile of rough just doesn't seem like an appealing prospect, weirdly enough.
 tenpastseven
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:56:20 PM
Spamming all the threads on the forum with your demand for collective action is hugely irritating........
 sukimk
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 2:08:09 PM
May be best if you don't see who's viewed you for some reason people view and then don't contact, usually you have been in touch with them first and they peep at you and don't bother, their loss I say ha ha x x
 tenpastseven
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/12/2012 2:37:46 PM
I much prefer Cupid's format etc to here, but unfortunately there aren't many men in my area that use it. But I've chatted to some right eye candy from further afield
 *rem*
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 2:41:07 PM

Here's an idea... For the men and women who are outraged that this feature has been taken away from them, why don't you get into the habit of messaging everyone whose profile you've viewed, just to let them know that you stopped by to have a look.

Seriously. For all the just say hi but want the next corrie screenplay types. What do you want a double glazing salesman? Blessing in disguise for some i think.
 Keyfey
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 2:46:26 PM
Well think its good to see who's veiwed you, as I've got chatting to men because they viewed me or the other way around find it works for me. Sometimes you need a shove in the right direction! POF must think it works or they would'nt be charging now. If am going to pay will choose a better site then this!
 tenpastseven
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:35:18 PM
Why would not being able to see who has viewed your profile prevent you from getting a date??? I really don't get the logic here at all.
 ItalianNY914
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:48:32 PM
I agree whats the point of staying on this site if it's just like the rest.. We have to pay to see who viewed us is just plain wrong. It will just make the site get less foot traffic because no one is paying those prices just to see who viewed them..
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > I have to upgrade to see who viewed me now???