Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS H      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forum_moderator
Msg: 1
view profile
History
VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HEREPage 1 of 62    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature
Please post comments / feedback here.
All other threads will be closed or deleted.

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
Although we welcome your feedback and comments on this change any user that floods the message board with mulitple new theads and/or copy & pastes the same complaint repeatedly/excessively in the forums WILL have their account restricted and/or banned.

In the meantime please remember:

1) Moderators are volunteers and know just as much / or as little as you do - we are not given prior notice and have no say in changes admin impliments. We also do not have any different way of contacting admin as you do.

2) you can email admin directly at:csr@pof.com

3) or you can contact admin via his profile at: Bigfish

MIBIKER
Msg: 2
 MixedChick
Msg: 3
view profile
History
 LittleBitNerdyGuy
Msg: 4
Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:05:30 PM
I'm against this decision. I used the Viewed Me as a way to help see how accurate the list of people who had messaged me and were online was. I found the Viewed Me section showed them no longer being on faster than the list above the inbox.

It allowed me to see what kind of women were viewing me, location, etc. I could use it to see if my profile was bringing in new views or not, and should maybe undergo changes to make it more appealing.

Please return it to a free feature.
 Smiley10070
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:06:00 PM
all i can say is why?....
this site seems to be headed in the direction of a paid site, so many other free features are now only available if you pay for them. I understand running a site costs money, but seriously, just use advertisements.
If this keeps up, I'm going elsewhere, and I am sure I am not alone.
 laskoboo
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:06:32 PM
I thank you still for the use of this site where it is still free to run a profile, respond to other profiles, send email and read email from others all still free.. those are dating site basics. all still free...

and the forums are still free.

who viewed me - is not a good feature anyway... looking does not mean interest.
 SerendipityRose16
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:08:57 PM
It's bullshit! The viewed me feature is what drives communication. Make the "chat" or "meet me" feature "pay per use" options. You're killing the site by taking away the "viewed me" as a free option.

I signed up for OK Cup today because of these shenanigans. I really won't be on here without the "viewed me" option. Sorry. You guys SUCK!!!!

mrj429
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:10:38 PM
This is just my opinion, I may be wrong! I personally think that this new ploy by POF to solicit money from the users rather than have advertisers is B.S.
I'm betting that they will always have advertisments. This is just a ploy to get richer! Shame on you POF!
 DarklyDreaming36
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:10:55 PM
I call BS...
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:11:27 PM
I can read the hand writing on the wall. If I must pay for a dating site I am sorry it will be Match.com. I know it is more per month but I think it is a better deal. I have read different theories on why you are starting to charge on a free site but I personally think it breaks down to one thing MONEY. You want it and this is a trillion dollar business. But what you have failed to realize is that people who seek a free site aren't interested in paying YOU for what you were giving away yesterday. OKC is another free site and I think in a very short time will surpass you in the number of people who are members mainly because the features that people like the most are free. IF you insist on charging try making a few upgrades so your site doesn't look inexpensive. Make me believe I am getting something for the money I am paying besides ad free. I clicked on the ads by the way. NOT the other dating sites or the student loans but the clothes were a sure bet for me. I am more than willing to bet the reason most advertisers didn't purchase ad space on your site is because it looks cheap. Try an upgrade in the over all web site and see if that improves that. Just my two cent.
 DH2355
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:11:33 PM
I think it is crazy! Just cause this site got named in a law suit for using an ad that showed a deceased person. So the users have to lose features and become a paid subscriber to see who has viewed them? Come on administrators this is just crazy, you'll make more money by using ads and selling email addresses. Bring back the viewed me feature.
 Piscesguy55
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:12:23 PM
Way to blow-up your own site. You want to charge for added premium items, then add new items and ask for those wanting to use them to pay for them! Dont take what is tha basis of your site and how you grew to be what you are and then say, "too bad now you pay for what we originally advertised as a free service."... you will lose in the end. If its not back by the end of the month to being a standard free part of this site, I will be gone.
 romannose
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:15:04 PM
Remember that we are the largest 100% free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.
 Todd929
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:15:09 PM
So much for promises to keep it free. And we all know that ads will not disappear. Maybe in the near future, but they'll be back, you can gearuntee it. This to me is another fine example of GREED rearing its ugly head. I for one will not be paying for any upgrades.
 WonderingPoet
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:15:18 PM
I guess it's time to look for a better site... Your Loss POF!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:17:12 PM

I thank you still for the use of this site where it is still free to run a profile, respond to other profiles, send email and read email from others all still free.. those are dating site basics. all still free...

and the forums are still free.
who viewed me - is not a good feature anyway... looking does not mean interest.

It was a useless feature to me - I never bothered with it. I blocked people from seeing who I viewed to avoid getting messages. A large majority of people viewed stealth anyway. It was a mix of people you don't want with those who don't want you after they saw your profile. A non-issue.
 Tri-Us
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:17:32 PM
another thread? but a moderator decided to make one? seriously? why dont you get the thread that as already over 15 pages of feedback on it and just make the Prime one..instead making a new one that problably by now people would care less to post any comment as they already said what they wanted too.

i mean seriously......dozen of threads about it and just gather them all up into one and you get the feedback of what people says on Viewed Me now Paid feature.
 liftnw8z
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:17:34 PM
Not sure I'm a fan of this decision - just for the precedent it continues to set. So I will be watching carefully before I decide what I do.

Certain specialty features went behind a paid wall (such as seeing whether your mail was read or deleted, etc.) which was fine because those I didn't care all that much about. Truthfully - with the ability to set your profile up so that others don't see that you viewed them, "Viewed Me" is not a huge loss to me either. But, what I see here is an eventual precedent that sending mail will become a "premium feature", or viewing profiles will be an "add on feature", and you'll not be able to use the site at all without paying for it.

As I mentioned in another of the closed threads, I choose to not throw money at a dating site just because there's other things to spend it on. If this site becomes a predominantly paid site, I will be gone.
 lobo65
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:18:50 PM
I won't be paying for anything on this site. Never had any luck here, so I'll just stick around until the forums are a pay feature. Which at this rate probably won't be long.
 SerendipityRose16
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:18:56 PM
And if you're gonna make it a "pay option" then put in code that makes it such that if you're not paying for it, it's not even there! Ugh! Nothing more annoying than seeing it there on the top right corner of my screen mocking me.

Real asshat decision there POF!!! I wonder what asstard sat in a meeting and came up with this brilliant idea! I hope his balls fall off for each time I can't click "viewed me" for free! Ugh!!!

Dcd2013
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:19:03 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxx, money grubbers Thumbs

Racial slur removed.

MixedChick
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:19:22 PM
All those saying it was a useless feature, I COMPLETELY AGREE!! but that is not the point. The point is it was free and seeing if people read your messages was free and now its not. If you don't say anything about the taking of useless features they wont stop.
Give them and inch and they'll take a mile
 Alestair
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:19:25 PM
I'm with everyone else here this is some bullshit if this doesn't change back to we can see who viewed us without paying then I'll just use .com its completely free,can see who viewed your profile without paying like here markus and the admin's here seem's to be greedy little shit's. This site USE to be free you can't tell who's interested or not when you can't see who ****ing views you! I swear I am not gonna pay just to have the chance THE CHANCE to find someone. There are plenty of free alternatives that I will take. And I've been a member for a long time and markus pulls this worthless stunt? He's an arrogant,greedy little man who doesn't deserve my,or anyone's time on his worthless site. If this doesn't change I am gone infact go ahead and ban me **stard's. I have I can go to no real loss with this worthless site now.
 Todd929
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:19:42 PM
This was a classless and senseless act or betrayal. Not even a warning that this was going to happen. This was a pathetic decision in my opinion. I know it's only a dating site and it isn't going to ruin my life, but still it didn't have to be done this way.
 spiralouttoolband
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/12/2012 6:19:51 PM
i got 3 letters for ya... okc. i've not seen any more or any less users on that side of the pond. in fact, i've seen the exact same users over there and many are migrating daily. this site is ugly and dated and when i use the app, my matches are the exact same 15 chicks every single day... i'm convinced that those girls are either fake or need to clear up server space and finally meet someone already... I've been a user of this site on and off for years now and i've never seen any improvements to the layout or functionality... just more and more features being taken away. whatever happened to:

About - (archived from 2005 website page)
Why?
My name is Markus Frind and I created plentyoffish.com. I created this dating site because I was sick of seeing faceless corporations prey on people looking for love. In my mind finding love is not about handing over a monthly fee to some dating site that only cares about making sure you stay another month to pay them again.
We are Different
Plentyoffish.com is a 100% FREE online dating site and constantly changing based on your feedback, and you will notice everything on this online dating site is done so that you can meet people you have personally selected, and you can do it quickly. For example, we are the only major dating site that allows users to block messages from whole groups of other users they aren't interested in. No other dating site would do this as more individual contacts means more money.
Money? Who Cares
I am well aware that Plentyoffish.com could make millions of dollars per month as a subscription service. I couldn’t care less about how much money Plentyoffish.com could make; this site is different. This site wasn't created to mine user’s pocketbooks. Plentyoffish.com is here to make a difference and help people find "the one".
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE