Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why does'nt she text me first?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daytimer69
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why does'nt she text me first?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I have been dating this girl for about two months now and kown her for 6 years. When we went out on an acyual date we wound up having sex and it was like love at first sight and we stated telling each other we love you, miss u and so on. It is some what of a long distance relationship about 3 hrs apart. I am 50 and she is 30. I normally always text her Good morning and ask the questions ie how is your day going, what u doin and so forth. We can go all day and she will not text me until I text her first. One day I decided not to text her until that evening. Well, she was wondering why I had not text her all day? Why did she not text me?

We see each other about every two weeks and she wants me to move in with her but not until July. I am not sure what the delay is because I am ready now.

She is away on business for 3 days and I decided not to text her today to see if she would text me, well she did not, I text her about 30 minutes and she was glad to hear from me and said she has been busy all day. This is my dilemma, are you too busy that when you take a bthroom break you can't text me and say hey or what u doin? She is very independant and I have never dated anyone quite like this one.

Your thoughts are appreciated
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 2
Why she does not text me
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:04:43 PM
Do you have any idea how childish this sounds? You waited to text her to see if she would text you and you are upset that she doesn't text you just to say hi?

How are you going to handle it when something big happens? Or doesn't happen for that matter.

Just a suggestion, but I would hold off on the moving in together.
 daytimer69
Msg: 3
view profile
History
!
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:11:50 PM
I appreciate your view points and I am NOT trying to play games. To me, if someone says they love you they will not go a day without talking to you or texting you. When I go on business I make a point to call her in the morning when I wake up, on breaks and in the evenings to me thats love

I am trying to figure her out
 mrmisterme
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Why does'nt she text me first?
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:16:42 PM
Oh, crap...you're a lawyer and your posting this drivel. I got no confidence in you whatsoever.

My thoughts.....don't text her for a week....don't move in with her, either.....she'll just drive you crazy because you won't have your way at all - I'm going by the text incident: the most important thing for you.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:30:49 PM
Maybe she is afraid that your wife might intercept her text if she texts you first.
 daytimer69
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Why she does not text me
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:34:03 PM
Looks like the girls have the best answers and they are much appreciated
 MikeWM
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:33:47 AM
You seem far too in touch with your feminine side, are you sure she isnt actually gay and thats why shes attracted to you?

Because this kind of inane adolescant manipulative insecurity feeding ego stroking game playing nonsense is normally a female thing
 Maleman999
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/14/2012 8:42:58 AM
Some of the comments are funny-saying crap like: You need to talk to her, tell her how you feel, there's a lack of communication, etc. Yet people feel texting is a Godsend and the holy grail of communicating and can't survive or communicate without it. If texting was so fantastic, why are people advising non-texting ways to tell her how to have a better texting schedule?

If this childish nonsense is an issue, I can only imagine what issues will be blown out of proportion when the OP moves in with her-especially if he has a vindictive wife who he leaves for Miss New Meat.
 lovefun99
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/14/2012 8:45:01 AM
Wow you are expecting a lot from a NSA FWB! How does your wife like her?
 Ocee
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 9:50:35 AM
Welcome to Ocee's fun with numbers...

You're in your 50's lieing on your profile you're in you mid 40's, she's in her 30's.

You've known the woman for 6 years, about the time you joined here.

After 6 years you go on a date, why now? What changed?

You started dating in January, and she'll let you move in with her in July.

How long is unemployment insurance these days? 6 months?

She's away on a 3 day business trip. Job interview?

You live 3 hours away, and see each other twice a month.

She doesn't text you first, because she doesn't like you, very few women actually like lieing adulterers 20 years their senior that bait younger women with financial support. She doesn't want you to move in until July because she desperately hopes not to need your money by then. The idea of waking up next to you more then twice a month already has her greedily eyeing her pill bottle collection. Now stop pushing for the full on girlfriend experience and start acting like a proper low maintenance sugar daddy before she trades you in for her lascivious landlord.
 TOEDWY
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/14/2012 7:58:55 PM
Seriously?!? You are a married 46 year old lawyer... anxious to move in with someone 30 and you are worried because she doesn't text you first???

Dude... is this a joke... or are you?!?

Those are my thoughts...
 qualityl
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/15/2012 10:59:33 PM
I really think 20 years difference sucks. I would not do it My boyfriend of 11 years passed awAy. He was 13 years older. I think the gap is to big. 10 years younger for the man is good. Lol
 sedonajazz
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2012 10:48:47 AM

Please don't tell me you are foolish enough to think that you satisfy her with your visits every two weeks.

She probably doesn't text you because she is texting some hard bodied f&cken youngster that f7cks the shyt out of her when you are not around.. COME ON..

Really you are delusional if you think a 30 year old woman is gonna be happy with sex with a married once every two weeks.. WTF???

Couldn't have said it better, this is exactly hitting the nail on the head!

And the reason she won't let you move in with her until July is obvious. She wants to keep using you for a while longer (for whatever reason) and then when July comes she will give you some lame excuse of why you can't move in.

I am curious though....what were you planning on telling your WIFE if you moved in with your gf? The fact that she would divorce your stupid a$$ then and take half of what you have may well change the game up for your gf! Just sayin...
 shygirl413
Msg: 14
!
Posted: 3/16/2012 2:46:45 PM
It amazes me how immature so many grown men are
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/16/2012 3:38:31 PM
Some women don't text or call first, because we are taught to let the man persue us. So we answer your calls & texts, & let you do the chasing.
 qualityl
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/30/2012 10:37:38 PM
You get him MustangGirl 1965. Cheater is always a cheater! Texting first does not matter for me. As long as I am not driving my mustang with the top down.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:05:16 PM
Mike WM:
Because this kind of inane adolescant manipulative insecurity feeding ego stroking game playing nonsense is normally a female thing

Wow, so any woman who is not like her is an exception? That’s a pretty judgmental and offensive thing to say. You made this comment and totally ignored that he is married?

Hey OP, aka “daytime 69”, are you still there or did you crawl under a rock? Since you are married it sounds like she doesn’t really take your relationship very seriously. In a normal relationship you’ve got a point.

Unbelievable what people will actually post and, even more disturbing, how some people will respond such as Mike WM.

Okayyyy...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why does'nt she text me first?