Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please review my profile. Thanks in advance!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 billbill81
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Please review my profile. Thanks in advance!Page 1 of 1    
It has never crossed my mind that someone should have to elucidate upon their racial background to that degree. I imagine it may be an issue for some people in socio-economic terms perhaps (?!) but this represents a failure to perceive each person's core individuality and humanity.

In any case I would discount any comment like "I am Italian/West Indian/ Irish on my Mother's side so I am very passionate/athletic/humourous this is tempered my father's level headed german blood etc etc" because I find it slightly pathetic that people choose to define themselves by abstract notions of nationality and race. Where does that end. One of the most prominent nazis, Himmler I think, once said, "I think with my blood". If that kind of thinking is up your street then I would definitely be out.

Billy
(One quarter Irish on my father's father side - Enniscorthy, County Wexford. Three quarters English on my father's mother's side - Cumbria, England - and my Mother's side - Bolton, Lancashire. Unable to trace ancestry further than 3 generations. Health Warning: Any claim of Irishness likely to be overemphasized)
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please review my profile. Thanks in advance!