Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Plain Janes Better Than The Pretty Ones?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 judydentures
Msg: 2
Plain Janes Better Than The Pretty Ones?Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
There might be some truth to what you say, but it's hard to generalize this way.
Some gorgeous women are also wonderful people, and some ugly women are raging bit**es.
You never know.
The pretty ones do tend to expect more, and have a sense of entitlement.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut....do you hang with a woman who is nice, when you're not really attracted to her? Do you hang with a pretty girl even if she's a witch?

Who said that being a guy is easy?
 soupcan00
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Plain Janes Better Than The Pretty Ones?
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:21:54 PM
Ive never chatted with a "plain jane", they've all been beautiful and friendly to me.... Well the ones that messaged back anyways.... The otherss were kinda mean and ugly ! ;p

Just kidding :D
 cookies1972
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:25:10 PM
i guess it depends if you are superficial or not.
 RushLuv
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:28:53 PM
If men went after "plain Jane" more often, there probably would have been truth to this.
 Buckets_of_Sky
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:33:42 PM
..... if you want to be happy for the rest of your life take an ugly women to be your wife

Jimmy Soul.

You aren't the first to head down this road.
 damsel19
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:50:55 PM
It cannot be generalised. Pretty women are lovely inside and out often or biaches and plain women are often bitter or nasty or also lovely natured. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and people become beautiful in my eyes as I get to know and appreciate them despite how they may actually look.

Naturally good looking people have more choice in life and that natural. No one would choose to breed with an ugly person if they had other choices as we all want good looking progeny and symmetry of feature and body denotes good genes. . The goodlooking have more advantages in life, generally. HOwever men do not usually fancy ugly women so that may be counter productive but then we all take what we can get in life too and many people settle. Just saying... I prefer a man who is rugged and masculine rather than the pretty boy.

As we get older our character is more evident to see on our faces and we get the face we deserve as they say. Just my two cents worth as a woman.
 riuser
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:57:06 PM
It is unfair to generalize. Although, if you have "more of what is in demand", you can probably expect more in return. That certainly does not mean that every pretty woman is a bxxxh and vice versa, that every "plain jane" has a terrific personality. I have found plenty of mixtures. I think it also depends on what you bring to the table. It is hard to be honest about that (what we bring to the table).
 Bukleigh
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:02:48 PM
didn't noticed personally .. I try to stick with blow up dolls ... they're very quiet.

I don't think it's a look think ... some people simply have a higher opinion of themselves than their reality. Probably b_itchy because no one else agrees with them.
 Sportsfreak89
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:04:12 PM
It goes both ways.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:05:39 PM
"Do any of you other gentlemen find Plain Janes better than the Pretty ones?"

No.

Pretty women can also be intelligent too.
 Vannili
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:06:23 PM

Who said that being a guy is easy?

It is easier to be a person who uses his Godgiven brain to broaden his horizon through his intellecual ability to check a person not through his/her looks...
Looks, doesn't gauge a character of a person, some ugly women
have bad characters and mostly are in jails..Plain Jane beautify with tons of makeups and cosmetic surgery are b itches, they think they world owes them and men are their slaves...

A beautiful woman who has a beautiful eyes, look for the good of others; Her beautiful lips speak only words of kindness; And her poise walk with the knowlege that she is never alone...........
 BrockLee74
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:16:33 PM
Behind many a glamorous makeup job is a very plain face ( like Lady Gaga). I like a woman that is comfortable in her own skin, plain or otherwise.
 darthbanker
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:16:54 PM

Do any of you other gentlemen find Plain Janes better than the Pretty ones?

Only if you cook them all the way through.

From my experience, the Pretty ones are very conceited even when they are friendly,

From my experience a lot of people expect the pretty ones to be conceited, even when they are friendly, so look for things they can interpret as being conceited because they want to reject the pretty one first because they assume they will be rejected.

Then they go looking for other people they can label Plain Janes, and they then become the "pretty one" and can be conceited towards the "plain jane," even though they tell themselves they are not, because everyone is the good guy in their own head.
 amore01
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:16:59 PM
beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
 Meems919
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:22:05 PM
I'm so glad I'm ugly, old, dried up, stupid and boring, so none of this has to worry me. And the best part is, I get to judge EVERYONE now, right? Geez, get a life.....
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:24:43 PM
Pretty women tend to be healthy because they take care of themselves for the most part.
 A_Gent
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:26:09 PM
In the immortal words of Jimmy Soul,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1ZJiBHh-Yw

"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife.
Though it's my personal point of view,
Get an ugly woman to marry you."
 karenkay1303
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/17/2012 10:07:23 PM
This street goes both ways.

My ex-boyfriend was soooooo incredibly attractive. He made me sweat. It was unreal. However, he was a total jerk and treated me terribly.

Since then, I've met up with several guys. The 'least attractive' guys, who aren't bad looking by any means, are much nicer. They don't oggle the waitress and act like my stories are interesting. (We know they aren't, but that's okay!)
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/17/2012 11:14:42 PM
lol...no...I dont where you got this from.
 0ldhag
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/18/2012 12:54:31 AM
But even if she is plain jane, I thought they automatcially became prettier if their personalities were amazing?

I know for men, even if my first impression is they aren't that attractive, if they have an amazing personality their looks also improve for some reason...

And I must admit, most guys i've been out with I never considered 'hot'..but to me, they 'became' hotter over time.
 FunkTheMillenium
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/18/2012 1:16:41 AM
no i find unless they are 200 plus pounds or already attached then dont expect a great deal usually as they say the new average is the hot. most guys with proper common sense know barbie's aren't worth the time. also they are not alot of guy's preference.

only stating my experience purely here.
 Worbug
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 2:05:39 AM
The think to remember is:

No matter how good looking they are
Some Where
There is some guy / woman
Who is tired of their Sh!t.

I think once you have dated someone that you thought was ultra attractive and you peel away they layers, they are like an onioin, the more layers you peel away, the more they stink.

Ultra attractive people place no value on other people as they never have to work for anything. Therefor, very little effort is exerted.

I tend to find the women who are grounded here on planet earth like most of us to be the most attractive.
 eastcoastgirl32
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/18/2012 2:18:34 AM
^^ Worbug, I read that in playboy too

(Do you hang with a pretty girl even if she's a witch?)

Judy, here's hoping!
 neck romancer
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 2:51:17 AM
That is a stereotype.. but the reality is the spectrum of gorgeous,plain and ugly people can all be filled with fantastic,boring or horrible people. It depends on the person.
 chinadol6977
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 3:30:21 AM
Looks are subjective ...Everyone has a different outlook on pretty vs plain.To some guy I'm plain/unattractive,and to some I'm pretty....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Plain Janes Better Than The Pretty Ones?