Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Is seeking your equal a sure fire way to remain single?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is seeking your equal a sure fire way to remain single?Page 1 of 1    
I don't myself WANT to date my "equal." I want someone who complements me instead.

As for the direct answer to your question, there is no more any fool proof way to be rejected by everyone, than there is a fool proof way to find a mate.

But it is mathematically true, that the longer and more specific your lists of expectations are for anything, the fewer exemplars of it containing all your specified items you are likely to find. At some point, the list would reach a length where the possibilities would approach zero (though never reach it completely). Read up on Calculus and formulas for "the value of x, as n approaches infinity" for the mathematical side of it if you care to.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Is seeking your equal a sure fire way to remain single?
Posted: 3/18/2012 2:55:11 PM
Different scenarios work for different people in different situations...

I've seen people in relationships with people who clearly were not their "equal" but if it works for them, all the power to them. I don't believe it's fair to desire something in a potential significant other unless you can bring it to the table in return.

There are certain characteristics that are definite deal breakers for me...I know I could never be happy with a man who possessed them, therefore I would never make him happy.

I've had people ask me if I'm lonely...heck no! I keep myself busy, sometimes I feel as if there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do. Maybe I would feel differently if I lived in a small town, as opposed to NYC. I feel as if you could NEVER feel lonely here!

I'm not so desperate to have someone in my life, just because. I know A LOT of people who have the house/spouse/kids/the ring...and they're miserable.
 laskoboo
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 2:58:36 PM
When I was looking, I did not want to meet my match, but someone richer, smarter and generally a better person than me !!!
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/18/2012 3:26:45 PM
The problem is that most people dont realy know them selves. We think that we are smarter better looking younger and have more to offer then we realy do.. Then you meet someone else who would think damn i can do better then you. Cause they think they are all that and then some.. Thats why people have all those must have lists. They know they deserve all that... Anyone wonder what the longer the list the longer they stay single. I say if you meet some one that makes you smile and feel good. you got it made, just make sure you have more things in common to make it realy work out.. Life is as complicated as we make it..
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Is seeking your equal a sure fire way to remain single?