Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > When you say you are seeking intelligence, what does that mean?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 laskoboo
Msg: 3
view profile
History
When you say you are seeking intelligence, what does that mean?Page 1 of 1    
Common sense and emtional maturity mean more to me that rocket science IQ......... there is a balance.
If it were just pure intellect, we would all marry a set of encylopedias :)
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 4
view profile
History
When you say you are seeking intelligence, what does that mean?
Posted: 3/22/2012 7:44:42 AM

Someone who talks like you do

In my experience, this is spot on. Most people define themselves as intelligent, and accordingly they consider those intelligent that are most like themselves.

This is why I abandoned making "intelligent" a requirement a while ago. Everybody thinks they are, but my definition of what that may entail is different from yours and your neighbor's.

I was just getting to know people and then I made up my own mind. (Sometimes it didn't take very long).
 TheCoolGreenMoss
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2012 11:51:42 AM
Intelligence:
My personal take is - that person is wanting someone who can stimulate them intellectually - naturally that can/will vary by person. It may/may not mean 'fancy book learning' since that too can (and does) vary by person.

I know a few MBA's that would be hard-pressed to stimulate a conversation beyond their sphere of interests (and that'd be dry too); to the contrary - know many High School grads that could carry a conversation on virtually any subject you could imagine (and make it interesting.)

Humor/Wit:
Well that varies so much I simply take to mean "Not a stick-in-the-mud." I have a great sense of humor - but if you prefer Larry the Cable Guy's humor, mine might not seem so great (for example). Hence the 'stick in the mud' assumption.
 jujubean52
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2012 12:14:07 PM
I get messages with so many misspellings I can hardly decipher them and when you click on their profile they like to mostly drink beer and there are no books even in the bathroom they took their photo in. That person is not going to be meeting you in any art galleries , museums or even coffee houses.
The date is gonna be dutch-treat at Burger King followed by the Hunger Games.
None of us want a complete understanding of every technical term you employ in your chosen vocation but it is nice to be able to discuss more than the latest health problem the man has developed or how far along he is on the hog cycle he is restoring in his living room of his mobile home.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > When you say you are seeking intelligence, what does that mean?