Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Erasable Mitt Romney in 2012      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BalderDog2
Msg: 1
Erasable Mitt Romney in 2012Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
When asked on CNN whether Romney had moved too far to the right for the general election, senior Romney aide Eric Fehrnstrom said that the GOP hopeful would hit a reset button for the fall campaign.

“It’s almost like an Etch A Sketch,” Fehrnstrom said. “You can kind of shake it up and restart it all over again.”

So basically, what he said was that the Mitt Romney that has thus far been presented to us is not the Mitt Romney we will get in the general election. If the current Mitt Romney is a Big Lie, how are we to know the new and improved version we will see in a couple of months won’t be an even Bigger Lie?

Romney has never seemed to have a problem with stretching the true—or flat out lying. But this seems to be a level of deceit far beyond that. I’d put this in the category of Narcissistic Compulsive lying, where the liar see the rest of us as being so contemptibly stupid that he doesn’t believe we will notice.

I don’t recall ever seeing a Presidential Contender this dishonest. Romney lies even when there seems to be no reason to do so. If confronted with the proof of these lies, he simply—and with a straight face—lies by claiming he didn’t lie.

Incredible.

Can Romney possibly win the general election after this? Will those who hate Obama let that hatred trump the lies, and vote for Romney anyway, even though Romney has shown himself to be nothing but a Liar?

The Etch A Sketch company should do well off of this—not that this will help the US economy much because the company that makes this toy, now has them made in China.
 matchlight
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Erasable Mitt Romney in 2012
Posted: 3/22/2012 1:35:25 PM
I’d put this in the category of Narcissistic Compulsive lying, where the liar see the rest of us as being so contemptibly stupid that he doesn’t believe we will notice.

That's a pretty good description of the current president. I don't particularly like Gov. Romney, but when it comes to cynical, habitual lying, Mr. Obama makes him look like a rank amateur. And he has thousands of helpmates, who dare to call themselves journalists, always ready to cover for him.

Even now, these lackeys manage to hide from many Americans the fact Mr. Obama has a long history of hobnobbing with people, most of them Communists of some stripe, who have more or less openly despised the country he's sworn to defend. He heads the most radical administration this country's ever had, filled with people more radical than even the cheerleaders for the Soviet system who were well represented in FDR's New Deal brain trust.

Where Romney hurts Obama most, I think, is with his genial, reasonable style. He knows that even people who regret having voted for this man don't want to admit they were taken in. So he takes the high road, being careful not to attack Obama too harshly or personally. Instead, he acknowledges that he's a well-meaning man and a good father, but portrays him, condescendingly, as a nice guy who's just in over his head as president.
 BalderDog2
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/22/2012 1:48:41 PM
Matches: Actually the thread is about Romney's lies and whether he can still win the election after this latest gaff. You say that because others have lied, this somehow forgives Romney's long list of fibs; but that doesn't cut it. Nice try, though.

To respond:

That's a pretty good description of the current president. I don't particularly like Gov. Romney, but when it comes to cynical, habitual lying, Mr. Obama makes him look like a rank amateur. And he has thousands of helpmates, who dare to call themselves journalists, always ready to cover for him.

Even now, these lackeys manage to hide from many Americans the fact Mr. Obama has a long history of hobnobbing with people, most of them Communists of some stripe, who have more or less openly despised the country he's sworn to defend. He heads the most radical administration this country's ever had, filled with people more radical than even the cheerleaders for the Soviet system who were well represented in FDR's New Deal brain trust.

Where Romney hurts Obama most, I think, is with his genial, reasonable style. He knows that even people who regret having voted for this man don't want to admit they were taken in. So he takes the high road, being careful not to attack Obama too harshly or personally. Instead, he acknowledges that he's a well-meaning man and a good father, but portrays him, condescendingly, as a nice guy who's just in over his head as president.

I must say, you are as skillful as Romney at piling it on.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2012 2:12:10 PM
Of the various Republican candidates who have had their moment in the sun, Romney scares me the least. He reminds me a bit of Bush Sr., who essentially tread water while in office.

I'm sure he'll tweak his campaign strategy once it's time to focus on the general election. If he doesn't he won't stand a chance. Every modern candidate does. He strikes me as essentially a moderate with Republican leanings. Obama is a moderate with Democrat leanings. I don't anticipate any huge changes should Romney get elected. If that election were held today I think Obama would win, but there is ample time for either to get credit or blame for things they don't deserve between now and then.

I voted for Obama and will again. Having read "The Audacity of Hope", I've found everything he has done to be consistent with the values he laid out in his book. I don't always agree with him, and often ponder whether Hillary would have been able to accomplish more, but I'm more content with him than I would be with Romney, even if more content with Romney than his Republican competitors.

The "etch a sketch" comment is consistent with how I've viewed Romney all along. He's been walking a tight rope trying to woo enough of the radical right to get the nomination without committing to much that's all that radical. Once he gets the nomination he'll focus on the areas he diverges from Obama the most, plus whatever the polls tell him are opportunities to win key votes in key states. My state will vote for him, so neither candidate will pay any attention to our issues.

Honestly I expect this to be more of a ho hum election than the last was or the next will be. I'm sure voter turnout will reflect that.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/22/2012 2:22:48 PM
I can't imagine anyone hating Romney. For pretty much the same reasons nobody is very enthusiastic about him. He's an ambitious politician who wants to be President. That's about the worst thing about him. And the best thing. He's just willing to make whatever compromises he must.
 RushLuv
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/22/2012 3:10:57 PM
There is no way people who hate Obama (they STILL can't give logical reasons as to why that is) would pass up voting for Romney for the current president.

I view Romney as a wealthy cartoon character running for president just to be president. Another Bush Jr.

He runs a severely negative campaign, continuously slams the president, flaunts his wealth, brags about his wife owning two caddys and have yet to lay a map down as to what his plans are for the US and how he plans to rebuild what has been lost. Oh wait...he doesn't give a sh*t about issues that matter to most in this country. He'll just continue pertaining to the wealthy.

It's no wonder so many Repubs are so disappointed in their parties selections. Just take a look at these jokers.

Romney is no match.
 laskoboo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2012 3:22:15 PM

I’d put this in the category of Narcissistic Compulsive lying, where the liar see the rest of us as being so contemptibly stupid that he doesn’t believe we will notice.

That's a pretty good description of the current president. I don't particularly like Gov. Romney, but when it comes to cynical, habitual lying, Mr. Obama makes him look like a rank amateur.

you can say that again !!!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/22/2012 3:30:53 PM

Paging Mr Foil, paging Mr Tin Foil....please pick up the white courtesy phone...

Do you have proof of this cover up?

Did you know, in Russia, Tin Foil Hat wears you.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2012 3:39:51 PM
Ah yes, the usual unsubstantiated extreme claims from the usual suspects. Not worth addressing.

As to Romney's aides "gaff," I don't think it's near as significant as some here and in the news are saying.

My interpretation of what I think the aide meant to say (what I hope he meant anyway) , is that in all campaigns, by all politicians, messages are adjusted (not made into lies) in order to make them as palatable as possible to each audience.

Thus when speaking to extremists, a candidate might choose extreme terminology to say what they came to say, and might pick more moderate verbiage to express the SAME idea more calmly, when talking to more rational people.

That's the ideal, anyway. Sorry to say, I've seen lots of blatant pandering going on recently, such that I really no longer like ANY of the candidates.
 Luke_Mason
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/22/2012 3:53:24 PM
Another lying politician, imagine that. Democrats seem to have two preferred adjectives to describe Republicans this year racist and extremist. Listen to any of the opposing arguments from progressives and it becomes quite clear that they believe "extremist" Republicans in Congress are the root of all evil. And, that these very "extremists' that are responsible for the American credit-worthiness downgrade, loss of competitiveness, high unemployment, and a sluggish economy.

Let's see the tea party is considered by Democrats to be "extreme" because they gather in huge numbers to protest profligate spending, out-of-control expansion of government, excessive intrusion of government into the private sector and individual lives and, of course, because they are concerned with a growing trend to ignore the Constitution. So, according to Democrats, anyone with those kinds of beliefs is "extreme".

To those dumb enough to think Obama has never lied, I suggest you crawl out from under that rock you've been living under.

obamalies dot net has hundreds of his documented/recorded LIES. (Now back to reality)
 Double Cabin
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2012 4:02:52 PM
Luke,

With all due respect DOCUMENT ANY lie by President Obama, right here, right now. Not some vague rhetorical kwap.

Bush 43 issued more than 200 of his Administrations DOCUMENTED False Statements [Lies] in the lead up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Asking for just one by this President isn't unreasonable, is it?

I very well might have voted for Romney in 2008, and I think he could have beaten the President. However after the insatiable flip flopping and denial of the success that is Romney Care, etc., I couldn't vote for him to be a crossing guard. IMO he's morphed into just one more deceitful schmuck.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2012 4:17:42 PM
All politicians do this i mean they cater to all of their base in the primaries to become the nominee. Then try to shift themselves more center during a national election to get the independent and swing votes to become president, because independent and swing voters are the golden ticket to winning the national election.

The nominee that wins their parties nomination is the nominee that has the best chance to appeal to not only thier base but to moderates as well. This is why Santorum would never win the national election he is too far right and if he can't appeal to moderates within his own base, he surely won't appeal to independent and swing voters in the national election. Many tea party Republicans blast Romney for being too moderate, yet all of the candidates that they have backed so far have either dropped out or should drop out because there is no hope in them winning the republican nomination let alone a national election. So actually the tea party blasting Romney for not being right enough has helped him and the person they are backing which is Santorum for being that far to the right is actually hurting him at becoming nominee.
 Luke_Mason
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/22/2012 4:48:21 PM
Double Cabin I posted a link that categorized dozens of Obama's lies, it would have taken you less time to read some of the evidence, and view some of the video coverage on that website than waiting for me to post again. But since you insist..Here's one of Obama's lies..

On the January 22nd edition of “Meet the Press,” Tim Russert and Obama had the following exchange:

Russert: “When we talked back in November 2004 after your election, I said, ‘There’s been enormous speculation about your political future. Will you serve your six-year term as United States senator from Illinois?’”

Obama: “I will serve out my full six-year term. You know, Tim, if you get asked enough, sooner or later you get weary and you start looking for new ways of saying things. But my thinking has not changed.”

Russert: “So you will not run for president or vice president in 2008?”

Obama: “I will not.”

THAT'S CALLED A HUGE ASS WHOPPER OF A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!
 statemachine500
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/22/2012 6:33:55 PM
Obama: “I will not.”

THAT'S CALLED A HUGE ASS WHOPPER OF A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Likely to avoid becoming a target too early.Political life.No biggie.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/22/2012 6:38:38 PM
The guy picked the biggest lie he could find. If that's the best of the lot, I'm not going to bother going to that website.
 statemachine500
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/22/2012 6:45:21 PM

By any chance, do you think that the issues that Romney would be discussing when running against Mr. Howdy Doody be different than when he is running against Santorum/Gingrich/Paul?

Maybe not,but the issues that Obama will be discussing about Romney will be a lot more to the point concerning his supposed missionary work in France to avoid duty in Nam(has anybody actually heard this guy speak French?),his record of vulture capitalism,his offshore registration of his corp,his support of the bailout of Wall Street,but not the auto companies of course,they should have gone through a bankruptcy and the assets sold off....this guy will do zilch for Americans except possibly drag them into another war and make the really rich richer.Another rich kid expecting to be handed the job.
 RushLuv
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/22/2012 6:45:55 PM
Msg #15. What link did you post? It certainly wasn't posted in this thread.

So he changed his mind about running for president. Big whoop. Again. Do you mind SPECIFICALLY telling us about these "lies" Obama told. From your own words, why don't you start with lie #1.

When you state "lies," he must have lied multiple times. Give us Demo's the 4-11.
 statemachine500
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/22/2012 7:05:48 PM

Hey state........

Here is the first few sentences of this thread, which set the issue:
"When asked on CNN whether Romney had moved too far to the right for the general election, senior Romney aide Eric Fehrnstrom said that the GOP hopeful would hit a reset button for the fall campaign.

“It’s almost like an Etch A Sketch,” Fehrnstrom said. “You can kind of shake it up and restart it all over again.”

Instead of discussing whether or not that is a lie, you blather on and on about capitlaisation, registration, Wall Street, auto companies, bankruptcy, assets sold, zilch, rich kid.....................

Don't worry, if he wins the nomination, you can bag on him ad infinitum.........

If I were Romeny, I would keep asking Mr. Howdy Doody how much the new national debt is, 3=-1/2 years after he took office.........................

Paul K

You're right,can't stand the guy.He's just an actor,and not nearly as good as that other guy that got elected.He is completely devoid of any real principles other than making money.The real issue isn't if Romney has moved too far to the right,it's if all the other wackjobs in the party haven't completely screwed things up recently.He has to put lipstick on a pig.And smile.
 judydentures
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/22/2012 7:45:35 PM
Please.....this is the way that ALL politicians operate. Obama is certainly Etch A Sketch material and I could give you two solid pages why.

They say what they need to say to get elected, then they do what the money tells them to do.
That's the way the system works, and it's been this way for a loooooooooooooong time.
 BalderDog2
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/22/2012 7:52:57 PM

The real issue isn't if Romney has moved too far to the right

The issue for this thread is senior Romney aide Eric Fehrnstrom stating that Romney will shape-shift into something other than what Romney has presented himself as, once he secures the Republican nomination, and how this shows Romney to be the liar that many believe him to be.

I take Fehrnstrom at his word and I think it is important--it shows Romney's true character; or rather lack of character. I'm surprised others don't see the importance of this. To say other contenders for the White House have done the same does not excuse it; and also, IMO, past contenders--Republican and Democrat alike--have not done so in the past. For the most part, if you were paying attention, what you saw is what you got.

Also, it may be true that these politician tend to bend the truth, and some have told a few whoppers at times, (although most of them let those who support then tell the lies); never have a seen one lie with such blatant consistency as Romney.

I see this as the Big Lie revealed after a very long string of lesser lies. Romney's lies are well documented--simply Google "Romney Lies" and start reading.

At least with Santorum, as much as I think he is a loon, you've got to respect the fact that who he presents himself to be, is who he is. Same holds true--for the most part--for Ron Paul.

Romney, on the other had, is a pathological socialpathic liar. Pay attention to what he says and how he responds to people who ask him question. The guy is loaded with Tells. Watch how poorly he controls his anger when someone asks him a question he hasn't rehearsed an answer for, or the way he stammers when he is confronted with one of his lies.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/22/2012 8:10:26 PM

I can't imagine anyone hating Romney. For pretty much the same reasons nobody is very enthusiastic about him. He's an ambitious politician who wants to be President. That's about the worst thing about him. And the best thing. He's just willing to make whatever compromises he must.

Halftime, the best description of Romney I heard was that he's a super rich guy who doesn't have anything better to do. So he's trying to buy the presidency. Not out of any idea of statesmenship, or patriotism, he's just bored. I think it fits.

Romney is doomed to die of Meh. He's flip flopped some many times on so many things, you could generate electricity with him. And he's a blatant liar, not even a particularly good or dedicated one. He lies to tell people what he thinks they want to hear.

Santorum is at least committed to his bullshit, even though it's obvious, batcrap crazy, theocratic fundisms, he acts like he believes in them. The crowds believe he believes them, at least. Never mind the fact that HIS wife had an abortion, or that he was listed as one of the MOST corrupt politicos EVER. The GOP base can't see past that shiny cross he's waving around and threatening to stick up their womanly parts.
 BalderDog2
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/22/2012 8:24:54 PM

"proof" that romney will shape shift

Here is the proof right here (from my opening post):

senior Romney aide Eric Fehrnstrom said that the GOP hopeful would hit a reset button for the fall campaign.

Romney's aide was answering a question about how Romney would shift to a more moderate position after his long slog to the extreme right. It is the independents who decided elections. Those independents are not going to go for the extreme of either party.

Senior Romney aide has said Romney will do it. Why should I doubt it? It comes straight from Romney's staff.

UNLESS you expect him to discuss the same issues with Mr. Howdy Doody as he is discussing with Santorum/Gingrich/Paul, he will have to discuss other issues

What?
 Luke_Mason
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/22/2012 9:32:30 PM
To RushLuv I posted the link in Msg 11..

obamalies dot net has hundreds of his documented/recorded LIES. (Now back to reality)

Obamlies dot net
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/23/2012 2:01:50 PM
Where Romney hurts Obama most, I think, is with his genial, reasonable style. He knows that even people who regret having voted for this man don't want to admit they were taken in. So he takes the high road, being careful not to attack Obama

Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich are too busy back-biting each other like a pack of dogs to be bothered with President Obama...and this will keep on going right up to the GOP convention...leaving little time to fabricate something along the lines of the Swift Boat Vet's fabrication...imagine that....we had Ex-President Bush, who never came close to combat duty being bouyed-up by a fanatic PAC setting out to destroy a war hero....I do guess politics/elections make for stange bed-fellows.

Romney has serious problems explaining RomneyCare.

The Planned Parenthood controversy stems from a recent interview with a Missouri television station in which Romney addressed his plans to cut the federal deficit.

"Is the program so critical that it is worth borrowing money from China to pay for it?" Romney said. "And on that basis, of course you get rid of Obamacare, that's the easy one. But there are others: Planned Parenthood, we're going to get rid of that. The subsidy for Amtrak, I would eliminate that. The National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities — both excellent programs, but we can't afford to borrow money to pay for these things."

Asked to clarify the Planned Parenthood reference hours after the report aired, top Romney campaign adviser Eric Fehrnstrom said Romney did not mean to suggest his administration would eliminate the women's healthcare provider altogether.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Romney-Planned-Parenthood-Democrats/2012/03/15/id/432618
 OneGodfather
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/23/2012 2:34:37 PM

The guy picked the biggest lie he could find. If that's the best of the lot, I'm not going to bother going to that website.
Okay Mr. halftimedad, we know how much you loveeeeee President Obama and you think he is God and doesn't lie, able to leap tall buildings , rescue kittens from trees and all that crap, but like any politician he does lie and break promises.

Is Guantanamo Bay still open? , Are the soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan still there ? American troops to be home in July 2011 and what year is this? ummmm when I woke up this morning I sweat it is 2012? yes.

How about when he pledged to eliminate all income tax for seniors making less than $50,000.00 per year If you read documents from the Office of the Budget & management, Budget Documents for fiscal year 2010 he hasn't done so.

Oh my favorite one," No Lobbyist will work in my white house" remember that campaign promise? well guess who the President hired ? Steve Ricchetti, Are you familiar with that name ? a lobbyist his clients were Eli Lilly, Government Motors sorry General Motors, Fannie Mae among others.

You know how Ricchetti achieved this feat? by getting around the ban on lobbyists by serving in the administration , and using one of Washington’s most-honored traditions, you guessed it ? the loophole As soon as Then Senator Obama won the election, Ricchetti de-registered as a lobbyist for his various clients, but he remained president of the lobbying firm that continued to work for many of those same clients, as well as a few more, one in particular that stood out for me "American Bankers Association."

You have to love Politics, The hero President circumvented his own ban on hiring lobbyists , by hiring the head of a lobbying firm to Counsel his Vice President? yeah Bull shitttttt , and you wonder why most of us capitalist loving Main Street business folks cant trust the government , Republicans or Democrats etc etc etc .

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Erasable Mitt Romney in 2012