Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Apache Helicopter Crash in Afghanistan      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OnlineFishBowl
Msg: 1
Apache Helicopter Crash in AfghanistanPage 1 of 1    
YouTube Search Title:
Army AH-64 Apache Helicopter Crashing in Paktika Afghanistan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

makes you wonder what's going on in the military lately with helicopter crashes, people going on shooting sprees & the Pentagon telling the US Congress they don't take orders from them any more. so when are the aliens coming for me?
 OnlineFishBowl
Msg: 2
Apache Helicopter Crash in Afghanistan
Posted: 3/23/2012 4:25:43 AM
this one shows the ending better

.youtube./watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=UFvKYk1j9Og
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/23/2012 8:30:34 AM
Dear PoF, PLEASE start a Tinfoil Hat forum.

Kthnxbai.
 OnlineFishBowl
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/23/2012 11:25:55 AM
Dear POF

When are you going to change your name to POS - plenty of sheeple? Just wondering. Baaaah

Thanks for reading. Take care

Ps i think some people died in the video.
Amount of empathy shown - 0
Hmmm... and people wonder why the world is screwed up :/
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/23/2012 11:43:36 AM
No one died, it was a couple of rednecks pilots showing off, who are now facing charges.
 cotter
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2012 12:40:42 PM
OP ...
I didn't watch the youtube posted ... I have no interest in trying to comment on anything in the forums that is not a statement. Why post a youtube instead of a written article?

... helicopter crashes, people going on shooting sprees ...
Sounds like one hell of a war.

... so when are the aliens coming for me?
If one enlists in the military, one will be protected and won't have to wonder about that ... right?

By enlisting in the military, one could help them save the US from the "Muslim boogie man". Aren't the Canadians still over in Afghanistan? If you hurry, you can still make it to a deployment.

I don't get the impression that the US is all that eager to leave Afghanistan I wonder why? Let's see, what natural resources does Afghanistan have that the US could plunder from them:
Iron
Copper
Cobalt
Gold
Lithium

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/14/world/asia/14minerals.html?pagewanted=all
U.S. Identifies Vast Mineral Riches in Afghanistan

By JAMES RISEN
Published: June 13, 2010

WASHINGTON — The United States has discovered nearly $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan, far beyond any previously known reserves and enough to fundamentally alter the Afghan economy and perhaps the Afghan war itself, according to senior American government officials.

The previously unknown deposits — including huge veins of iron, copper, cobalt, gold and critical industrial metals like lithium — are so big and include so many minerals that are essential to modern industry that Afghanistan could eventually be transformed into one of the most important mining centers in the world, the United States officials believe.
Ah yes ... sounds like a good reason to be there. Certainly worth the collateral damage of a few crashed helicopters ... or even the deaths of a few innocent Afghans when occasional military personnel go off half c0cked ... right?

Okay, now let's see how they know all this about the huge veins of minerals that are so essential to modern industry. Oh!!! There it is ...
An internal Pentagon memo, for example, states that Afghanistan could become the “Saudi Arabia of lithium,” a key raw material in the manufacture of batteries for laptops and BlackBerrys.

The vast scale of Afghanistan’s mineral wealth was discovered by a small team of Pentagon officials and American geologists. The Afghan government and President Hamid Karzai were recently briefed, American officials said.
WOW ... the "Saudi Arabia of lithium"! Now how could we possibly leave Afghanistan without taking that with us?

Oh!!! And the answer is ...
While it could take many years to develop a mining industry, the potential is so great that officials and executives in the industry believe it could attract heavy investment even before mines are profitable, providing the possibility of jobs that could distract from generations of war.
Well there ya go ...

“There is stunning potential here,” Gen. David H. Petraeus, commander of the United States Central Command, said in an interview on Saturday. “There are a lot of ifs, of course, but I think potentially it is hugely significant.”Is it significant enough for us to stay?

Let's see ...
The value of the newly discovered mineral deposits dwarfs the size of Afghanistan’s existing war-bedraggled economy ...
“This will become the backbone of the Afghan economy,” said Jalil Jumriany, an adviser to the Afghan minister of mines.
Is it worth all the collateral damage ... you know, the crashes and the killings?

Hmmmmm ...
Instead of bringing peace, the newfound mineral wealth could lead the Taliban to battle even more fiercely to regain control of the country.

The corruption that is already rampant in the Karzai government could also be amplified by the new wealth, particularly if a handful of well-connected oligarchs, some with personal ties to the president, gain control of the resources.
Sound crooked? If so, I'm sure we will be able to supply the people to get the job done.

Kind of sounds like China is already rubbing it's hands together ...
Just last year, Afghanistan’s minister of mines was accused by American officials of accepting a $30 million bribe to award China the rights to develop its copper mine. The minister has since been replaced.
Amazing ... we're so crooked that we award non-bid contracts to crooks, but American officials get upset that someone is accepting bribe money? Haven't we basically been bribing Afghans for years for one thing or another?

We better jump on this quick before some other country gets their hooks in to the extent that we can't harvest everything we want. Oh dear ... looks like we may be too late ...
At the same time, American officials fear resource-hungry China will try to dominate the development of Afghanistan’s mineral wealth, which could upset the United States, given its heavy investment in the region. After winning the bid for its Aynak copper mine in Logar Province, China clearly wants more, American officials said.
Ya ... we have a very heavy investment in the region.

All those years we paid out money for the Afghans to counter attack the Soviets … then there is all the money we’ve poured into the war. We really need to get our hands on their natural resources so we can get some money out of it. Well, I mean some “contractor” will at least get some money out of it. I wonder if Halliburton will get that contract.

I see the Americans are concerned about environmental issues related to “heavy industry” …
Another complication is that because Afghanistan has never had much heavy industry before, it has little or no history of environmental protection either. “The big question is, can this be developed in a responsible way, in a way that is environmentally and socially responsible?” Mr. Brinkley said. “No one knows how this will work.”
Yes … send in the Americans. They know how to be environmentally responsible. After all the depleted uranium dirty bombs we’ve been throwing around … we sure do know about environmental responsibility … eh?

With virtually no mining industry or infrastructure in place today, it will take decades for Afghanistan to exploit its mineral wealth fully.
Well, just ask the Americans … we know how to exploit stuff.

“This is a country that has no mining culture,” said Jack Medlin, a geologist in the United States Geological Survey’s international affairs program. “They’ve had some small artisanal mines, but now there could be some very, very large mines that will require more than just a gold pan.”
Trust me, we can show them how to set up big powerful companies and then hire and maintain cheap labor while the big wigs get all the profit.

The Pentagon task force has already started trying to help the Afghans set up a system to deal with mineral development. International accounting firms that have expertise in mining contracts have been hired to consult with the Afghan Ministry of Mines, and technical data is being prepared to turn over to multinational mining companies and other potential foreign investors. The Pentagon is helping Afghan officials arrange to start seeking bids on mineral rights by next fall, officials said.

“The Ministry of Mines is not ready to handle this,” Mr. Brinkley said. “We are trying to help them get ready.”
LMAO … sort of like penning the fox up in the hen house with the hens each night.

In 2004, American geologists, sent to Afghanistan as part of a broader reconstruction effort, stumbled across an intriguing series of old charts and data at the library of the Afghan Geological Survey in Kabul that hinted at major mineral deposits in the country. They soon learned that the data had been collected by Soviet mining experts during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan in the 1980s, but cast aside when the Soviets withdrew in 1989.

During the chaos of the 1990s, when Afghanistan was mired in civil war and later ruled by the Taliban, a small group of Afghan geologists protected the charts by taking them home, and returned them to the Geological Survey’s library only after the American invasion and the ouster of the Taliban in 2001.
Little did they know or perceive how the US can go in and just rob them of everything.

The rest of the article is at the link I provided.
 statemachine500
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/23/2012 8:31:26 PM
Good post.And people are wondering why "Obama" has not gotten the troops out.
 6stringsandotherthings
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/25/2012 2:58:30 AM
Please don't take this in the wrong way cotter.....you know very little of what you are posting here at this forum. Please except my personal all expense paid trip to Kandahar or Kubal Afghanistan they day after our troops pull out, your choice. I will personally see you to the door of the plane but after that you will be on your own. To be a fly on the wall when you meet what you say, we call "the muslim boogie man" for the first time would be worth way more than the tickets to me and many of my brothers. Not that I wish you any harm but the look of realization of how wrong you really were for the first time in your life would make it all worth while for me personally. What you know of Afghanistan is what the liberal media feeds you and you eat it up like cake. How or why can I say such a thing you ask? I was there during 2005-2006. I did 125 missions out side the wire (roughly525 flight hrs in 10 months) Shot down in a Ch-47 Chinook in one of the northern Providences that I'm not at liberty to discuss much further. I will tell you; people died that day. I consider myself lucky. I'm missing three disc in my neck now and had my right shoulder has been reconstructed. But that wasn't the worst of that tour. The Unit I went with brought 12 helicopters and the flight platoon I was in was shot down a total of 16 times. Two aircraft and 5 crew members didn't make it home. The aircraft and men who were shot up and shot at were patched up and sent back out. This is just part of my Units story other Aviation Units had it no less severe.The recent Apache Helicopter crash was no less than one pilot on board hot dogging making a show for some troops on the ground that are living in conditions you could never fathom. The loss of two careers and one aircraft will be the result of relieving some stress and attempting to making some troops day. No more no less. As for the recent murders in Afghanistan, I don't condone any of it but feel deep sorrow for him, his family and the victims. I've seen more than one person in my time who was teetering on that edge. Until you've been there and done what that troop has done prior to the murders don't judge him. Sanity sits on a fine line in a combat zone and when there are no front lines it just adds to mayhem. Again I don't condone what he did. As for the stealing of Afghanistan's resources, I hauled geologist and other people in the science field from every nation including Afghany's. When it comes to mining, America isn't even in the ball park for handling the job. Barrick Gold Corp and Newmount Mining Corp are the worlds two largest mining companies, both from Canada. I'm sure they have dibs or at least one of their subsidiaries will. At least that's how it works here in America. Look them up in the State of Nevada they are at large and in charge when it come to mining in the U.S.A. Why are you not screaming "Canada is stealing our gold, silver and copper". Is it because they are part of the NY Stock Exchange. They are still reaping the profits from our natural resources. As for the history of Afghanistan, this is a country that DOESN'T know peace it has literally been at war since the times of Alexander the Great. War lords rule the regions to this very day even with a new government in place and there is very little industry in place in this country. When you go up north it is literally like walking back in time, I'm not talking a couple hundred years here, more like 2500 yrs in some places. If this country wants to move into the 21st century they're gonna need help. Whether they get help from us or someone else they are moving forward, period. Just a few more things; you belittle this country and its prior administration with out remorse and I'm assuming you haven't sacrificed anything for your freedom, at this point in time, and if I'm wrong I apologize but to sit there and spout off media hype without fact checking is just wrong. Please don't thank me for my service or blame my time served for being frustrated with you; just except my invitation for fun filled trip to Afghanistan. You"ll have a whole new respect for what it means to be an American when you get home.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2012 3:52:16 AM
+1

FULLY concur with 6stringsandotherthings above. GREAT post!!
 whiskeypapa
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/25/2012 11:01:38 AM

I'm assuming you haven't sacrificed anything for your freedom,

You weren't killing people in Afghanistan for freedom. You were killing for loot, plain and simple.
 statemachine500
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/25/2012 11:02:15 AM
Please except my personal all expense paid trip to Kandahar or Kubal Afghanistan they day after our troops pull out, your choice. I will personally see you to the door of the plane but after that you will be on your own. To be a fly on the wall when you meet what you say, we call "the muslim boogie man" for the first time would be worth way more than the tickets to me and many of my brothers.

Which is the reason why it was a mistake to go in there from day one.Nothing will have changed from the West's intervention.They will happily go back to growing dope.

Until you've been there and done what that troop has done prior to the murders don't judge him. Sanity sits on a fine line in a combat zone and when there are no front lines it just adds to mayhem.

You're being an apologist.Recent media reports have likened the actions of the U.S army to an army of a different name.

Barrick Gold Corp and Newmount Mining Corp are the worlds two largest mining companies, both from Canada. I'm sure they have dibs or at least one of their subsidiaries will. At least that's how it works here in America. Look them up in the State of Nevada they are at large and in charge when it come to mining in the U.S.A. Why are you not screaming "Canada is stealing our gold, silver and copper". Is it because they are part of the NY Stock Exchange. They are still reaping the profits from our natural resources.

I'm sure there are plenty of big well connected American and British shareholders.
 6stringsandotherthings
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/25/2012 12:52:53 PM
"You weren't killing people in Afghanistan for freedom. You were killing for loot, plain and simple"
wiskeypapa, please enlighten me what it takes to maintain freedom and how it works in your world, then I will divvy up all the loot with you that you've accused me of "killing for". It shouldn't take long since things are so plain and simple........

Give me a break, I served my country, no more no less..........
 6stringsandotherthings
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/25/2012 1:23:25 PM
statemachine500, I never once apologized for that troops actions. The words "I DO NOT CONDONE" may have been over looked on your part. One more thing, if you manage your money wisely you can become one of those "big well connected" shareholders you mentioned. It's called investing, I own 11 shares of Newmount Mining Stock and make on average .11 cents every quarter. Please don't hate me cause I'm rich...lol The point being not everyone who holds shares in a stock is "connected". If you have a 401k you are a waymore "big well connected shareholder" than I am...........
 cotter
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2012 4:11:51 PM

cotter.....you know very little of what you are posting here at this forum.
That remains to be seen.

It's been discovered in the past (here in the POF forums) that just because someone may (or may not ) have served in the ME does not make them a "know it all" about why the US is really there. All they really know (or think they know) or the only propaganda they have received is what they're told. I posted a link to my information. I see no reason not to believe it. I do not see a link to the contents of Message 8, so why should I believe what it says?

For example, we have had military personnel coming in here to post about all the prisoners that were supposedly "captured on battlefield" over there. Ya right ... and then we found the information about how most of them were actually "purchased. So too bad if I don't take the word of someone who claims they have been there and done it.

As for the history of Afghanistan, this is a country that DOESN'T know peace it has literally been at war since the times of Alexander the Great.
So what? Is that necessarily something they brought on themselves? I doubt it.

War lords rule the regions to this very day even with a new government in place and there is very little industry in place in this country.
Again, so what? We all know that and that was in the article I quoted.

When you go up north it is literally like walking back in time, I'm not talking a couple hundred years here, more like 2500 yrs in some places. If this country wants to move into the 21st century they're gonna need help.
Gee ... ya think having us illegally there is helping?

Whether they get help from us or someone else they are moving forward, period.
Probably will be better if they get help from anyone else but us. They need help, not robbed blind.

... you belittle this country and its prior administration with out remorse ...
Just to set things straight ... I do not "belittle" this country. And as far as the previous administration, I have absolutely no remorse for war criminals.

I'm not religious but do in fact pray that "Dumbya" and his cronies (the whole bunch of them) ... leave the country ... so they can truly be tried for their crimes.

... and I'm assuming you haven't sacrificed anything for your freedom ...
I've sacrificed plenty for my freedom just as many of us have ... without ever stepping foot in Iraq or Afghanistan.

By the way, my freedom was not/is not being defended by any American being in Afghanistan. My freedom was not at stake related to any conflict in the ME. And no one had to set one foot in Afghanistan or Iraq in order to defend my freedom.

... to sit there and spout off media hype without fact checking is just wrong.
It is indeed. Sooooo try not to "spout off" things without providing a link to back it up. Do you have a link that proves we are not there to steal their natural resources?

Please don't thank me for my service or blame my time served for being frustrated with you...
Just because someone "put in time" at the request of a "high functioning moron" does not mean I ever have to say "thank you".

What I'd really like to see is how many were strong enough to stand up and "just say NO" to joining in the the illegal wars. Just refusing to go. There's no shame in refusing to do wrong. That takes more guts than blindly going and killing and maiming and stealing.

... just "except" (not sure what the poster means by that ... Not including; other than?) my invitation for fun filled trip to Afghanistan.
I'd probably just ask for a tour of the torture chambers in Bagram. Gee ... I wonder why the Red Cross is not allowed access?

You"ll have a whole new respect for what it means to be an American when you get home.
I doubt it. I'm not intimidated by American military personnel trying to make those of us who oppose the illegal wars appear as if we don't value being an American.

Believe it or not, we bleed "Red, White, and Blue" just like any other patriotic American. We didn't ask for anyone to go over to the Middle East to kill and maim anyone either for "revenge" or to steal any natural resources they could get their hands on.
 HIV_STRAIGHT_GUY
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/12/2012 7:06:01 AM
HOLY shit, just read a previous thread from you .... you are a serious ' conspiracy theorist' !!!??? That's good ... at least some people have an open mind. I am not saying I agree with your ideas and possible principles/philosophies but ... at least it's a thought and quite even a possibility!!!???
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Apache Helicopter Crash in Afghanistan