Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What defines you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ibakecakes
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What defines you?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Having read through the 7 or more pages of discussions about black women not dating black men, I saw a comment that basically asked a poster if being black was what defined him. When filling in forms these days, it is quite common to be asked if you have a disability and also what 'race' you are. So with the government and stastistics obviously using the colour of a person's skin or disability to formulate who we all are, what do you think defines you? If you were asked to describe yourself in 5 words, what would they be? Would define ourselves by our sex, age, skin colour and perhaps whether we are a parent or maybe even marital status - is this REALLy what we are all about?
 Strider886
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What defines you?
Posted: 3/23/2012 7:22:41 AM
"It's what you do that defines you"
 Wafta
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What defines you?
Posted: 3/23/2012 7:54:01 AM
I can only think of one word.

Me
 *rem*
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What defines you?
Posted: 3/23/2012 8:07:00 AM

Single....white....happy.....independant.....mother

Is it me or..?

Meticulous (things im passionate about anyway)
Patient
Confident
Talented
Humble
 sprite1950
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What defines you?
Posted: 3/23/2012 10:29:38 AM
Every time I try to write something I end up deleting it because reading it back makes me cringe. I dont like describing myself
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 6
view profile
History
What defines you?
Posted: 3/23/2012 11:19:59 AM
My intent through action.

Others define me as an enigma - Thats ok i dont understand myself most of the time.
 flaneur001
Msg: 7
view profile
History
What defines you?
Posted: 3/23/2012 1:50:57 PM
How I would describe myself:
compassionate
authentic
calm socially poised introvert
sensitive
thoughtful

How others would describe me:
creative
fearless
dynamic
compassionate
direct
 *rem*
Msg: 8
view profile
History
What defines you?
Posted: 3/26/2012 6:22:41 PM

I wonder, does having the collective power to make things one finds unpleasant (virtually) disappear count as some kind of privilege?

No it doesn't count but it happens. What i love is racists being able to say what they like but polite responses restricted to exclude the implication of the obvious.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What defines you?