Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Finding the meaning of life!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 6stringsandotherthings
Msg: 1
Finding the meaning of life!Page 1 of 1    
This is my first entry in a forum of any kind so bare with me..... First off I'm not at odds with finding the meaning of life; some how, some where I think I figured it out. I'd say I'm more spiritual than religious and in no way claim to be a Guru of any kind. What's gotten me to this point are some facts: by choice I spend a lot of time alone, I shit canned the tv and now live off the grid while I have started building a new home. I live a pretty simple life and it can be pretty rough at times depending on the season. I'm not complaining and I'm doing what I do; because I can. I am as free as free can be minus a million laws and regulations.....lol I have plenty of good friends and a good Family and consider myself just another average person making his way through life.......
Within the last few years I've really noticed just how disconnected some people are with the world, others who are trying so hard to figure it out, but can't and every now and again I'll meet someone who has an aura about them that say's "It's all good". The latter has a peaceful calming effect about them and I consider them old souls. Anyways, I'm writing for the ones "who are trying so hard to figure things out" and would like to hear some feed back on what I'm about to write. I'm sure I'll get a few negative comments from some who love to force their will and opinions upon others. I'm here to do neither, I'm just relaying something I found along the way.......
It's pretty simple, shallow thinkers won't get it and those who have it figured out will go "well dah" and may throw in an "Einstein"...........lol Like I said it's simple, JUST DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU ARE TRYING SO HARD TO FIND OR ACHIEVE IN LIFE. Now, this doesn't mean if your whole life is about finding love; go out and start hating people. It means learn to give love. Unconditional love is the hardest thing to learn, imo. Likewise if your trying to find peace it doesn't mean go out find a butt load of drama. Learn to be peaceful and share it with others. I could keep going with this list but I would just be repeating the pattern of: "what ever you are trying to achieve in life you have to learn how to do it first and then give it away".
This train of thought will immediately end the constant searching and put you in the learning mode which is a good thing! How can anyone find what they are looking for if at first they don't really know what it is they are looking for??????
So, what do you think? In my world, life is nothing more than a lesson. Learn one and move to the next and enjoy the journey.......
 6stringsandotherthings
Msg: 2
Finding the meaning of life!
Posted: 3/24/2012 4:02:56 PM
Dang, I got rid off my TV to soon I'm off to the movie rental store now; anyone have a TV and a DVD player I could borrow?
 6stringsandotherthings
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/24/2012 5:10:31 PM
Awesome post ih8tefrogs........I guess I should have rephrased the "shallow thinkers"comment but at the time couldn't think of another way of putting it .......anyways, you made some really good points.....Thanks.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/1/2012 11:17:27 AM
If life has a meaning, do all forms of life share that meaning?
It seems to me you are focused rather selfishly on humans.
Who speaks for the others?
R
 m8t
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/1/2012 12:03:20 PM
Thanks for the morning smiles guys!
When you figure out the meaning of life for you once again
(not according to Monty Python)
let me know cause its rather entertaining.
 RainGrimoire
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/8/2012 7:42:28 PM
Life can definitely be a lesson, so long as one takes it upon themselves to look. I've been along many different lines of thought, many different trails, but from what I've been able to tell the universe has no interest or bias, toward or against life, and in fact is likely not capable of either. If we want our lives to mean something, it's up to us to make it mean something. It may not all be the same, but if we are being honest with ourselves and trying what we think we ought to, then we've done well. That's the gist of what I think.
 red_fir
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/8/2012 8:20:10 PM
Here is the meaning of life .

You help create the future your kids endure.
Every smarmy joke you pass on,
every wrong you don't stand against,
every lie you help perpetuate,
degrades your legacy .
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/9/2012 9:57:02 AM
The answer to 'What is the meaning of life?' is always ... Number 42.
 Kevin554
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/9/2012 2:52:15 PM
"The answer to 'What is the meaning of life?' is always ... Number 42. "

You've read the hitchhiker's guide :) .
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/9/2012 5:41:32 PM
You will know the meaning (or worthiness) or your life when a certain type of adversity strikes in which you will then be forced to put your mettle to the ultimate test!
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/9/2012 7:42:35 PM
@ Nr 11 ...

True, and I also know how the phrase "So long, and thanks for all the fish" came to be ...
 lynnej70
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/12/2012 3:01:53 PM
this is a great topic that i ponder all the time,one things for certain without pain we do not get spiritual growth,they come hand in hand,i believe we are all connected too in one way or another,i dont think that the full spectrum of why we are here can be found out unless we have been through many incarnations,meaning you live lives and you must learn from each and every one,(but this is my theory)and even then we couldnt possibly understand the full spectrum as it is so much more bigger than our thoughts can even go.
 colt8301
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/12/2012 7:14:01 PM

So, what do you think?

Well , figuring things out. Let's see marriage is out. Kids is out. More heartbreaking than anything else what i took a real interest in... is out too. I wonder everyday is my only purpose in life is being and a%^hole and then dying. If it's just death then I wish this life thing just hurry up and skip to the end so I can deal with it, I'm tired of waiting for it. Now if there is something else in store besides the inevitable I wish it would reveal itself so I can get the ball rolling whatever it was, almost 30 years is long enough of a wait.
 deletedpost
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/14/2012 4:06:03 PM
Simple just have fun

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Finding the meaning of life!