Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Omaba asks for more "space" until after election !      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 laskoboo
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Omaba asks for more "space" until after election !Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

President Obama Asks Medvedev for 'Space' on Missile Defense - 'After My Election I Have More Flexibility'
By Jake Tapper | ABC News – 3 hrs ago.

SEOUL, South Korea - At the tail end of his 90 minute meeting with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev Monday, President Obama said that he would have "more flexibility" to deal with controversial issues such as missile defense, but incoming Russian President Vladimir Putin needs to give him "space."

The exchange was picked up by microphones as reporters were let into the room for remarks by the two leaders.

The exchange:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

When asked to explain what President Obama meant, deputy national security adviser for strategic communications Ben Rhodes told ABC News that there is room for the U.S. and Russia to reach an accommodation, but "there is a lot of rhetoric around this issue - there always is - in both countries.

A senior administration official tells ABC News: "this is a political year in which the Russians just had an election, we're about to have a presidential and congressional elections - this is not the kind of year in which we're going to resolve incredibly complicated issue like this. So there's an advantage to pulling back and letting the technical experts work on this as the president has been saying."

-Jake Tapper
 OneGodfather
Msg: 2
Omaba asks for more space until after election !
Posted: 3/26/2012 7:47:51 AM
I think the president is getting a little ahead of himself, he has to win the election first, personally I think he has a 50-50 shot of being re elected, I think the American public will go with the devil they know vs the devil they dont know, who ever wins the Republican leadership race has his work cut out for him and I dont see a strong candidate to be honest.

Its a shame Governor Perry did poorly in the debates because I think he would of been the best candidate and given President Obama a run for his money.

My name is OneGodfather and I approve of this message.
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/26/2012 7:51:48 AM
With luck, this decision will be one with which he no longer need concern himself after November 06, 2012.
 Balsamica
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/26/2012 7:57:52 AM
I don't see anything wrong with a President assuming a reelection except for the 24 hour Obama hate machine which finds fault with everything he says.
 darthbanker
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/26/2012 8:02:40 AM
So Obama says this

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

And later the white house spins it so it doesn't look as "bad."

"this is a political year in which the Russians just had an election, we're about to have a presidential and congressional elections - this is not the kind of year in which we're going to resolve incredibly complicated issue like this. So there's an advantage to pulling back and letting the technical experts work on this as the president has been saying."

Spins it so it seems like Obama is saying (via a senior admin official) "I'm not focusing on the election...nope, not my fault...it's those other guys. It's the years fault. They are all focused on the election and stuff so they are going to be focused on that. I've got everyone's best interest over my own at heart. So let the experts deal with it, handle it, and then come back when the kiddies aren't so focused on my election."

Is that what the op was trying to convey...?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/26/2012 9:40:27 AM

Its a shame Governor Perry did poorly in the debates because I think he would of been the best candidate and given President Obama a run for his money.

It is not a shame the Perry did so poorly, it is because he racist loon that caused all his problems.
 laskoboo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2012 10:09:42 AM
This country is in deep shyte with all the political corruption.......

putting off matters to not upset polls ? I am sick of all these politicians.
 OneGodfather
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/26/2012 10:13:49 AM

It is not a shame the Perry did so poorly, it is because he racist loon that caused all his problems.
yeah yeah, Ive heard it all before and Im sure I will hear it again, and do you know the entire story behind it or just what you've read on Huffington or others blog.

You would be surprised how many people have these view about minorities in their past, how many President were racists, Senators, Politicians etc.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/26/2012 10:19:39 AM
yeah yeah, Ive heard it all before and Im sure I will hear it again, and do you know the entire story behind it or just what you've read on Huffington or others blog.

Yes I know the entire story as here are three key points why he is not electable.

1: He is clearly a homophobe.

2: Perry regarded evolution as "a theory that's out there"

3; ummm oppps, I forgot what #3 was.

Edit for below:

Neither will it be a shame when 'The Obama' has his ass handed to him on a plate in November.

Care to make a little wager based on that?

Obama wins, you never post on the POF forums again.
Anyone else wins, I will never post on POF forums again.

Deal?
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/26/2012 10:21:50 AM
@ Nr 6 ...

" ... It is not a shame the Perry did so poorly, it is because he racist loon that caused all his problems. ... "

Neither will it be a shame when 'The Obama' has his ass handed to him on a plate in November. Please note that, despite 'The Obama's planned and executed actions since his 'immaculation', no one is calling him a 'racist'. Only those ones who have nothing else to offer play the 'race card'. "If the shoe fits ... " - just sayin' ...
 matchlight
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2012 10:31:20 AM

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space.

Translation: "So many American voters already think I'm a weak sister on national security that if I make as many concessions to you guys as I would like to, it may keep me from being re-elected. And if that happens, you guys are going to have to deal with someone a lot more hard-nosed than me. So tell Vlady just to give it a while, and after November we can really start dealing."
 trinity818
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2012 10:37:30 AM
^^^
That was my translation as well.

it is because he racist loon that caused all his problems

I thought this statement was referring to Ron Paul not Barack Obama.
 TOEDWY
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/26/2012 10:55:26 AM
It's funny...

This is the POTUS who said he was going to clean up Washington from corruption and His Presidency was going to be the most transparent right? ROFL

What kills me is all the people who will just follow him so blindly without holding him accountable for anything...

make excuses

change the subject

blame someone else

Of course I'm a racist for loving my freedom and liberty and wanting this Nation to hold onto the last shred of Soveriegnty he has left us... and here he is, the first President of color... who is constantly striving to bring on a race war?!? Who does he think voted for him in the first place? Not just people of color!? He's a disgrace to the office... and to this Nation overall.

I wish Herman Cain would come back! Now that is a REAL American!

This is all so ludicrous... like the handwriting on the wall folks!
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/26/2012 1:00:18 PM
^ ^ ^

All of those ones are still waiting for 'The Obama' to fill up their gas tanks and pay their mortgage ... Expect him to unleash non-stop pandering to his base from now until Election Day ... remember, he still has a lot of those unspent 'Porkulus' bucks from the '08 - '09 timeframe to use for his 'walking-around money' ... What's so surprising here is that people who SHOULD have seen this coming DIDN'T see it coming? Does no one remember his reversal of the missile bases in Poland and Eastern Europe ... ? Who do you think he was trying to 'make nice' with then ... ? Did you say 'Onkel Vlad' ... ?
 laskoboo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2012 1:02:07 PM

It's funny...

This is the POTUS who said he was going to clean up Washington from corruption and His Presidency was going to be the most transparent right? ROFL

What kills me is all the people who will just follow him so blindly without holding him accountable for anything...

make excuses

change the subject

blame someone else

Of course I'm a racist for loving my freedom and liberty and wanting this Nation to hold onto the last shred of Soveriegnty he has left us... and here he is, the first President of color... who is constantly striving to bring on a race war?!? Who does he think voted for him in the first place? Not just people of color!? He's a disgrace to the office... and to this Nation overall.

Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/26/2012 1:08:55 PM

So what part has not been transparent?

Accountable for what?

I wish Herman Cain would come back! Now that is a REAL American!

Pretty sure you just insulted many Americas, both real and pretend.

This is all so ludicrous... like the handwriting on the wall folks!

What is so ludicrous?
 raxarsr
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2012 1:26:28 PM
i'm just surprised that this wasnt hushed up and pulled from the media the same way his daughters trip to mexico was
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2012 1:48:12 PM
A political figures childs journey should NOT be in the news, unless it is an official trip of some sort. This does belong there.

I assume it means that Obama was being transparent to the Russians, that he would have more flexibility to speak openly after re-election than before. It's factually correct, no matter what his intentions might or might not be. Any President or other elected official has to be cagey about saying anything before a big election. That's normal politics for any Pesident, no matter who they are.

Does this imply anything we can reasonably predict?

No.

Will opponents and supporters alike, read their own wishful thinking and/or paranoia into it?

Absolutely.

Has something almost exactly like this happened to EVERY sitting President running for reelection?

YES!

When, if ever will we actually find out if this has any meaning or not?

Not until December, at the very soonest.

Will Obama then give away America's security to the Russians, just because he's "that kind of guy?"

We'l see, but I'd bet big money, based on the fifty years I've watched the same sort of thing over and over, that he wont. I'd also bet big money that the same folks who are loudly predicting now that he will, will pretend afterwards that the only reason he doesn't, is because they "heroically fussed about it."

It's like a repeating loop of old-fashioned tape, playing on an old radio station. Same meaningless political mutterings, over heard by a stray mike, blown out of proportion by a hungry news media, same ultimately meaningless responses from a non-US leader, and the same outlandish and ultimately empty pronouncements from the sideline folks.
 OneGodfather
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/26/2012 1:59:02 PM

A political figures childs journey should NOT be in the news, unless it is an official trip of some sort. This does belong there.
sure it does, because people want to know what the President kids are doing, Do you know how many times President Bush twin daughters made the news or President Clinton only child made the news, people are curious about the offspring of the most powerful people on the planet, Personally I dont care what the kids are doing as long as they dont prevent me from making money them or their dad.
 matchlight
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2012 2:20:38 PM

Does no one remember his reversal of the missile bases in Poland and Eastern Europe ... ?

I remember them well--a base for missiles meant to defend against a strike by Iran, and a radar complex to guide them. Mr. Obama agreed to drop plans to build them--after the host countries had already agreed--to curry favor with the Islamist tyrants who rule Iran. Being sold out like that just might make the leaders of the countries involved think long and hard about cooperating with the U.S. again. I'll bet it was also noticed in South Korea and Georgia and Taiwan, as well as by the nations which menace them.

And all the kowtowing and apologizing doesn't seem to have done much good. Nor has Mr. Obama's release of the Iranian operatives, held in Iraq, who trained and equipped jihadists that killed and maimed many hundreds of U.S. soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan with powerful Iranian-made anti-tank mines.

Among the Iranian and Iranian-allied agents Mr. Obama set free were several who organized and led the 2007 capture of four U.S. soldiers in Karbala, Iraq. These men were deliberately murdered a few hours later--while still handcuffed together. That was a war crime, as was dressing in U.S. uniforms to catch the Americans off guard. They should have been hanged, not freed.

We know that some of the hundreds of innocent Muslim shepherd boys Mr. Obama and Mr. Bush set free from Guantanamo went on to murder dozens more innocent people in jihadist attacks. And the true total is probably much higher. It's hard to imagine any U.S. president being so naive--or so willfully blind--as to think that if this country only acted nice and friendly toward the Islamist Nazis who rule in Tehran, they would return the favor.
 RushLuv
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/26/2012 2:54:30 PM
Hehe. The typical nitpicking spew coming from the same Obama hate machine. What's new?
 matchlight
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2012 3:10:30 PM

Hehe. The typical nitpicking spew coming from the same Obama hate machine. What's new?

I notice you don't present any argument against any of that "nitpicking spew." But then that's not quite so easy as making dismissive remarks.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/26/2012 4:55:24 PM

I'll just mention one....... because it is before the Supreme court today, tomorrow and the day after............. Yeah, that 2700 page debacle that NOBODY READ, and was ram-rodded through congress......... Even Nancy Pelosi, the then-speaker of the House admitted she didn't read it, but opined that it must be passed............

Where people prohibited from reading it?

If not, then I guess they where just too lazy to bother.

What Mr. Howdy Doody is asking for is a little slack for things that he has done to screw up things even worse than they were when he took office.......... Hard to believe that it could get worse, but it did.......................

What has gotten worse?

How would you know? You are not American...

I would know because it should be pretty obvious Cain is an idiot, you do not have to be an American to see that.

...I am certain that Mr. Cain can at least produce a birth certificate without any question as to its authenticity, not that it makes any difference....

Herman Cain has not produced a birth certificate, so your statement is false.

...You want to see an insult to Americans? Just look to some of the things you have written about the USA, and about Americans.

Aww you mad?

So then by his very admission, he is holding back on what he REALLY wants to"accomplish", but is afraid that if the American people really knew what he wants to do, they would not vote for him................ An interesting admission.

Nice tinfoil hat you have there.
 BobCo57
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/26/2012 5:03:08 PM
I for one am extremely over joyed that our President has put the good of this country before his re-election. By doing so he shows us that he is an honorable, trustworthy and dignified man as well as ... Uh? What? He said what?
Oops ... never mind.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/26/2012 5:16:15 PM

The national debt, unless you think it is a good idea for it to have expanded as much as it did....................

So you think it would have possible not to add anything to the national debt when Obama took office?

That said, you really must have been pissed with Bush then, as it expanded at a much higher rate than it did under Obama.

Please read more carefully, I said that he CAN produce, not that he did..........

You can not say that he CAN produce a certificate unless you have seen it, ergo your claim is false and without merit.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Omaba asks for more "space" until after election !