Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Question for Ladies (& Guys) What you can 'get away with' stating on      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *rem*
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Question for Ladies (& Guys) What you can 'get away with' stating on your profile?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Perhaps you may claim it's personal preference but can't you simply ignore the ones that you don't like, as I've seen many female posts on here about keeping a profile 'positive'?

Think about it... The only reason some women claim to like positive profiles is because that way its impossible for them to read anything negative that applies directly to themself. If thats not manipulation to stroke your own ego i don't know what is.

"The only way you'd find out is randomly selecting 200 women's profiles (not just the ones you are attracted to) and randomly selecting 200 men's profiles and actually see if one gender is more negative than the other. I look forward to your findings."

I did exactly that yesterday.. my findings are on another thread.
 *rem*
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Question for Ladies (& Guys) What you can 'get away with' stating on your profile?
Posted: 3/30/2012 7:11:52 PM

That is NOT racism. If a girl said she didn't want to date black guys, then whilst there is a possibility that she might be racist, it could also very easily mean that she just doesn't want to date black guys because she doesn't find them appealing.

All of them?
Will Smith, Tyrese Gibson, Blair Underwood, Lenny Kravitz, Terence Trent D'Arby, Michael Jack..err Michael Jordan, Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson, Eddie Murphy, Thierry Henry, Nigel Benn, Vin Diesel, Denzel, Michael Jai White..

None of em?
She's racist.
 *rem*
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Question for Ladies (& Guys) What you can 'get away with' stating on your profile?
Posted: 3/31/2012 4:35:24 PM
There is a woman on here with a boob out licking her nipple.. I'm not complaining
There are some interesting things when you get to women seeking women..
 *rem*
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 4:59:34 PM

I'd just think that they're not interested in getting it on with a black guy (for whatever reason, as it's not actually important why they have said that)... for all you know, they might see one who makes them change their stance... for that particular person

If you exclude a race for no other reason than their race what does that make you?
I think it makes you feel better to think that everyone is nice. Your perogative.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2012 5:20:28 AM
The fact that on registration we are requested to input our Ethnic background I guess it is important to a lot of people.

How many people realise that PoF also gives us the option to do a search on Ethenticity thereby ruling out whichever race/colour we have no desire to meet. You don't have to be racist, it's just another selection preference in the same way as height, income etc etc.

Personally I don't like thick lips so guess who that rules out in 90% of cases. Doesn't mean I won't chat to someone with thick lips, but I wouldn't date them. I wouldn't put that on my profile because it's obviously a bit extreme and what I class as 'thick lipped' is quite possibly different to what someone else thinks, but it's my preference. Does that make me racist or does the 10% give me exception status.

By the way, I have been working for a multinational company who employ 33 different nationalities and I don't treat any one person differently from another solely because of their nationality or ethnic status. Neither do I date any of them but that's because I don't date people I work with.
 *rem*
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2012 4:42:11 PM
just goes to show beggars can be choosers

must be 6ft plus
must be fit
must not smoke
must drive a nice car and have a good job

B*tch please

Anyway, you see it as racism - it almost appears that you want it to be racism - and I don't..

Exactly. As great as I am I didn't devise the definition .. what was your answer again?

I think everyone is nice? I'm sorry, I was under the impression that you had actually read some of the posts I had made on the forums.

My bad.

No MY bad.. i didnt realise you had an opinion on anything.

MSG 44: I've met lots of white women who say they only date black men. Its not true. They will and do. Its as stupid as saying you wont date any other colour.
 darkside0fthem00n
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2012 10:26:08 AM
I think people should keep their 'about me' section about themselves. I'm tired of reading lists about what women want a man to be only to get to the end and know nothing about her, if i send her a message then she can ignore or fob me off. it actually asks in the profile would you date a person of another race and you can tick the 'no' box. as well as many other preferences such as smokers, etc.

plus, it would save the heated debates RE:racism.

The only credit you can give is honesty, regardless of reason.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Question for Ladies (& Guys) What you can 'get away with' stating on your profile?