Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What's with puting pics men or children in profile?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jimmy_Hoffa
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What's with puting pics men or children in profile?Page 1 of 1    
I see a LOT of women puting pics of themselves with "some guy" in thier profiles, or kids, but not their children. Stuff like neices or whatever. First of all for security, why put any kids face on here? When I see the pics with a guy I'm always like "is that your ex?" I've gotten replies like, "no that's my brother" or just a friend. I for one wouldn't want my pic on someone elses dating profile. I just find it strange.
 grove_22
Msg: 2
What's with puting pics men or children in profile?
Posted: 3/29/2012 7:23:16 PM
Some women complain about men having photos of themselves with other women. These women would say that he's a player, he's bragging that he can get hot women etc. However these women often had a photo of themselves with a man. When someone calls them out on it, they will say "Oh. He's just a friend or a relative". Well that may be true, but they don't realize that can also be true for a man who has photos of himself with a woman. Hypocritical.
 mrmisterme
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2012 7:30:30 PM
Well, Op, I find it strange that you're complaining when you got one of your pics....and you're not in it. Heck, you even posted a pic of what you used to look like.

Some people (like you) don't like to see pics with children, pets, friends and family....but some do (go figure!)
 Jimmy_Hoffa
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2012 7:36:55 PM
JulieLovesHockey: I'm just letting women know what some guys might think when I see a pic of a woman cheek and cheek with "some dude". On another sight I saw one the other day, just a pic of the girl and a guy and captioned "T-Rev", the name of the guy I guess. Just seems VERY strange to me. I meen, WTF, is he your pimp, or what?
 Wise_Monk
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2012 7:04:23 AM
I find that many men are turned off by women who put pictures of their baby in their profile. Even moreso when they say they have no children for search purposes but then they have a ton of their baby's pics.

Women who do the kissy fish-face are another one I hear complained about a lot. Seems like a lot of women do this for some reason.

Having lots of pics where you're with your ex-boyfriend is another one I see complained about quite often.

Many men consider women with lots of pics where she's clubbing/bar -hopping and/or always with a drink in her hand to be a major red flag.

Pictures where the woman can't be identified because she's always with a big group of other girls is another one guys hate, but I hear many men say that they've been conditioned to just assume that the most unattractive girl in the group is usually the one who the profile belongs to. Currently, there is no scientific data to support that assumption.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What's with puting pics men or children in profile?