Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > My boyfriend introduces me as his wife??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 neck romancer
Msg: 2
view profile
History
My boyfriend introduces me as his wife??Page 1 of 1    
why are you asking us instead of him?
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 4
My boyfriend introduces me as his wife??
Posted: 3/29/2012 9:47:13 PM
Say...remember we are not married? Its girlfriend...???
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2012 3:12:52 AM
I would say that the fact that it bothers you so much, suggests that you have something even more significant to discuss with him than jocular introductory titling. Perhaps you have marriage in mind as an ultimate goal so firmly, that it is mere background pastiche to you, while he has no serious attitude about marriage at all.

If you've been together long enough to be that serious, then more communication is in order, and by all means (as has been wisely suggested above) make certain you make it calm, but very direct communication.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2012 4:36:33 AM
Honesty isn't easy and it is tough to communicate what you are feeling without stepping on toes. But this is something you need to discuss. It is as simple as that.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/30/2012 5:58:25 AM

We live together, and we've talked about marriage, and that is something in the future, maybe a year that we would love to do

You appear to be over 18, and living together in Kansas. IF you both have agreed that you are presenting yourselves as husband and wife to others, that may already constitute a common-law marriage, which IS valid in Kansas.
Check the state laws there for confirmation of all the requirements.

Dorothy, until you're not in Kansas anymore, you may already BE considered married to that guy..
Your ring may be Somewhere Over the Rainbow..
 PAJD
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2012 6:37:37 AM
I would just tell him what you really feel next time he calls you his wife...tell him if he likes calling you that so much.....prove it. I have to laugh....I just thought of that Beyonce song about this subject...lol
 Wise_Monk
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2012 6:53:27 AM
@ TALL-IQ2

LOL!

10 characters
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > My boyfriend introduces me as his wife??