Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Not quite perfect?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chuzz16
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Not quite perfect?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'm not very good at compromising.
I guess that is why I have been single for so long, but I would rather be on my own than with someone that isn't right for me.

I'm not looking for perfection, but I also am not going to settle for someone, just to save me being on my own.
 Chuzz16
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Not quite perfect?
Posted: 3/31/2012 1:23:42 AM
My mind is just slightly ajar ;)
 *rem*
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Not quite perfect?
Posted: 3/31/2012 3:03:39 PM
I really dont understand peoples hair/eye/skin colour/ height "preferences" at all. Even conventional beauty can be a bit.. boring. Odd features can add character to a face.
Not odd enough to look like quasimodo but you get the picture.
 tenpastseven
Msg: 6
Not quite perfect?
Posted: 4/1/2012 4:18:04 PM

Personally I broke loads of my self imposed 'rules' when I met my bf and I am very happy with him. What is 'perfect' other than a set of unrealistic ideals we use to stop ourselves getting hurt yet again?

Exactly :) I have recently got 'involved with' someone who I would have bypassed immediately on this site as not being 'my type'. Yet he and I are so well suited it's quite scary - and everyone but me could see it (we've known each other for several months). So I thought about the above and found myself agreeing completely - it's far easier to have a set notion of 'perfect' online, as you can justify your rejection of anyone and everyone who doesn't fit the mould. It's also made me realise that if I always went for what I'd always gone for, I was going to get what I had always got.....which, given that I was registered on a dating site, wasn't a raging success. So this time I broke my own rules and I'm setting out on a journey with a guy who's 'not my type' but who's smart, funny, considerate and has a bang tidy bod on him ;)

Funny old world really!
 *rem*
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Not quite perfect?
Posted: 4/1/2012 7:14:31 PM

It sounds cheesy but we cant help who we fall in love with!

True. Its a lot safer to exclude certain sections of the population from the start so you dont earn a reputation from friends and family.
 try1more
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Not quite perfect?
Posted: 4/7/2012 10:48:50 AM
"I dont see how you can differentiate between their personality and their looks.
If anything......as I'd say that getting to know someone and falling for their personality makes them look/seem more attractive."

isn't that pretty much the way it goes, if you really fancy someone for their looks, you tend not to notice the flaws in their personality, at first that is.
if you really fancy someone for their personality you tend not to notice the flaws in their looks.

the later is probably much longer lasting since looks fade anyway.
where personalities rarely improve with time, although an intial improvement can occur because of the relationship.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Not quite perfect?
Posted: 4/7/2012 7:17:46 PM
My ex would never have turned heads with his looks, he might have got an 'average' or 'ok' but his personality sparkled. He had lovely eyes but could have done with a few inches added to his HEIGHT. Weird thing is, I thought he had a lovely smile even though he never showed his teeth (or lack of). What really got me was his ability to converse/debate/talk call it what you like. We used to lose hours on end just talking about things that neither of us necessarily knew a great deal about but nevertheless we had opinions on. Could say he had the gift of the gab and some.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Not quite perfect?