Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Do women exist that do not want kids?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 2
Do women exist that do not want kids?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Well my room mate..she is 25 and does not want kids..so yes there is.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 3
Do women exist that do not want kids?
Posted: 3/31/2012 2:07:54 PM
Yes there are women who do not want kids, but they may be older than you are looking for. There are a lot of older hotties out here...you may want to look at an older woman who can appreciate that you like being without kids and wants to have a relationship with someone who has the same energy level she has.
Posted: 3/31/2012 4:29:50 PM
I thought raising a child was something fun you could do with a woman. Guess I must have a skewed idea of what fun is.

That being said, I was married to a woman who didn't want children; from age 19 to age 36, never wavered. Sigh (lamenting all the fun I missed out on during those 17 years). My favorite of the post-separation girls I dated also didn't want children. There are definitely plenty of them out there.
 seasinblue
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/31/2012 5:22:27 PM
I do NOT want kids. NO waaay. Nope. Eew. Not my thing.

So, yes.
 seasinblue
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/31/2012 5:26:20 PM
Um. Women who don't want kids - surprise - don't like them. I want to live a free and carefree life. Kids are a huge responsibility. They are a responsibility for their entire life. Too many people breed who should NOT be doing it. Child abuse, neglect poverty ....the list goes on. You need to be able to afford and properly care for children. You need to be there for them emotionally.

PLUS the world is insanely overpopulated. Insanely overpopulated, very very bad.
 mrcs84
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2012 11:11:39 PM
Google search "childfree by choice." It seems like there are a growing number of women and men that aren't too keen on the idea of procreating. You just have to find them.
 LBI28
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2012 5:34:12 AM
I agree with seasinblue, 100%. Don't like kids, never have, get over it, I have:) We got enough little shits running around....
 bootielicious
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2012 9:37:39 AM
There are times when I really would like to not have any kids, but my son might have something to say about that.

What about ladies who have spawned children that have grown up and become adults?

Mind you, I have to say it's the 'just for fun bit' that I would object to. I mean, if someone is saying no, it's not likely to be about the fact you don't want children, but more about the fact that you don't really want them.

Cake and eat it springs to mind :)
 DianeS1979
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/3/2012 11:43:25 AM
Yes, we do exist. I've been feeling the same way in my search for a guy. Ahhh, to be young and dating...
 dove95
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/4/2012 4:57:40 PM
Hell, I've voluntary surgery not to have kids. I think the issue is more about a guy who's primarily on a dating site looking to just have sex for fun, not the wanting kids part. There are other sites for just hook-ups.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 8:38:12 AM
Yes. That'll be my ex. Unfortunately, she wasn't so hot about me, either! :)
 bootielicious
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 11:12:37 AM
Don't worry I got my post grad after giving birth to my son, so it is possible to grow a few brain cells after child birth. Not sure I've managed to hang on to them though :/
 bootielicious
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 4:45:22 PM
I've had a brilliant day today spent with family, which consisted of 3 2nd cousins under the age of 6 and one of 19 and cousins and friends of similar age. Quite frankly it was the children that made the day for me. I loved every moment of being with them and spending time with them. Having children does not mean you can't have fun and actually it's only for a short window of time before they grow up and you have a whole different relationship with them. I love the 19 year old cousin to bits, she is such good company.

Why do people assume having kids means the end to fun?

I might be feeling a little excessively happy with my lot today and yes sometimes you have to make compromises, but aren't all the best things in life worth a compromise?

For those that just don't feel maternal, then fair enough, as there is no point bringing a child into this world if you can't give it the love and cuddles that it needs, but for those that think they are too selfish, I would say it is those that have children who are the selfish ones, because you get a damn site more out of being a parent that you put in.

I'll shut up now :)
 trh1268
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2012 8:25:52 PM
Do you know the cost of raising a child from birth to high school graduation? Take a couples salary, this covers the cost of mortgage, heat, water, cable, phone, computer, car insurance, life insurance, car metenance, gas in tank, trips to the doctor, prescriptions. Now where's the extra money to cover the cost of raising a kid? one of you would spent more time working 1,2, or 3 jobs more than spent time with the family, is that how you want to live life? What happens when the baby pops out and men run away, divorce rates are high, you will be on welfare, and we innocent people have to pay our tax dollars to poor women we should feel sorry for because they don't think responsibly. Women who want kids don't get it, we are in a recession, people losing jobs left and right, unemployment still high. Get yourself cats and dogs, they are considered kids.
 kclady42
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/15/2012 10:29:03 AM
I don't want children anymore now i am over 40 I like keeping my paycheck LOL I never been able to conceive anyways.
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/16/2012 7:20:02 AM
Of course there are people, women and men, who do not want kids.

I do think that with women, esp., it is trickier, b/c I've known a number of women who definitely did not want kids--until suddenly, in their late 30s, they did.

It's distressing to see people bashing one another for their preferences. There is nothing "abnormal" about NOT wanting kids. Less usual, yes, but that doesn't make it abnormal.

And to suggest that people who WANT kids are "not adult?" That is a ludicrous idea. The challenge of parenting is incredibly adult. And watching children unfold as individuals is hardly a "childish" engagement, b/c only an adult can appreciate it. Furtheremore, there are few decisions more difficult than a parent faces--like, what is best for the child vs. what the child wants.

I do not typically engage in playing like a child--that is what my kids' friends and siblings are for. Some parents like that, but not most. If you have not experienced parenting, I guess the ignorance on that point is forgiveable. And having children does not mean giving up adult pasttimes, by any means. What a careless set of assumptions!

If you do not want children, that is your choice and I fully support your right to make it. But if you can only feel good about it by bashing those of us who do have kids, let me ask you--who will be taking care of you one day? That's right, someone else's child. Unless, of course, you expect to find a host of doctors still practicing medicine at age 80, to provide you with the various medical care you will need. Good luck with that.
 pheonixphyre_Heather
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/17/2012 11:15:29 AM
lol I'm amazed no one paid attention to the fact that you only wanna have sex for fun. I'd rather have a guy commit.. as for having more kids, some of us don't have the chance or possibility to even think of it let alone plan for it... i'd rather just have a guy who already had kids, or would accept that I have them. Sex should be part of a commitment to 1 person, and not just for fun sakes.
 Miss W
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/18/2012 1:31:01 PM
I like them, but have always felt that I am best being the eccentric auntie. Every kid needs one. As I've gotten older, it seems to be a good decision given the way the world is going. I have always enjoyed nieces, nephews, friends' kids and now grand nieces and nephews and friends' grand kids.
 RedDelPaPa
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 8:33:58 PM

I guess that would one of the best reasons not to have kids. There are too many people in the world today. We need more people to volunteer and not have kids. I doubt we would ever have enough people to slow population growth or even stablize it.

I agree that we humans are way over populated. However, if more or most people would only have one or two kids, the population would begin to decline gradually. This may sound weird to some people, but every adult having roughly around 2.5 kids would equal zero population growth. Why/how 2.5? Some couples would only have 1 child, while others would have 3. And then you have to factor in deaths before reproductive age, disease, disasters, accidents, etc.

I will say this though in talking to a lot of people. Most people who have kids admit they were terrified before they had them. Overwhelmed with what they thought they were getting in to. But all of them have told me afterwards that having kids was the greatest thing in their lives to ever happen to them. Your chemistry changes and you feel a love you've never felt before. After you see that crying baby who's life depends on you, you happily change as a person.
 thehumorinlife
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2012 8:08:03 AM
So far my experience is this: most women on first blush will leave the door open for children. Look at how many profiles say "wants kids" when the the woman is 37, 38, 39 even though that's highly inadvisable medically and even if they already have some of their own. The truth is in many of these women's cases this is not a true deal breaker...but it some it is. I have had the unfortunate experience of the only two people I've truly connected with after my divorce wanting kids no exceptions and its been a painful choice for both me and them to end things. I never close a door because of a woman wanting kids up front, but I also make it an early topic....if I can during communication before a first date. So, yes, they are out there but unfortunately its just another filter along with 2 dozen others that narrow your prospects to the point where, in my case, probably only 5 out of 100 women are possibilities and once you toss in the filters of THOSE 5%? Well....so far until I'm proven otherwise I'm of thr opinion that dating and finding someone for a LTR in your 30's without either party "settling" is next to impossible
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2012 7:57:16 AM
I agree with you Msserenity --

I have never wanted children for some VERY good reasons:

1. As a child my family was somewhat disfunctional. I grew up thinking that most people resented their kids and considered them a bother. It wasn't until I started working in the adult world -- and meeting adults with families -- that I realized that most people adore their kids.

2. Because of my upbringing I was not capable of taking proper care of a child. I barely had the energy to take care of myself. In my case it think it would have been selfish to have had a child.

3. When I was younger there was some stigma attached to having children out of wedlock. IMHO I believe that there still SHOULD be. IMO, Children fare better in a home with two loving parents. I know that some of you are divorced, or widowed and cannot help being a single parent. But I think it is selfish to deliberately parent children without the benefit of marrying first. IMHO I believe that behavior is destructive to our society.

4. I used to like children a lot. But now that our government has interferred so much with the way our children are raised, and our schools have filled them with so much PC drivel, MANY children grow up to be horrible brats. Yes, there are other good and well behaved children out there, but statistcally only about 25% our next genereration will be able to support themselves. I agree with those who don't want to continue "raising" adult children, who continue to live at home and mooch off them.

5. I also agree with those who said that in today's world it is too dangerous to send the kids anywhere. There is a sudden epidemic of child molesters. That would be hard to deal with.
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/22/2012 12:10:37 AM
I don't want biological children. Doesn't mean i don't like kids, of course I do. I just never had a desire to change diapers or whatever mommy stuff. I always hated babysitting too, i just did it maybe 3 times for the money, and i was horrible at it.I wouldn't have hired me either.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2012 9:51:30 PM

There is no 'sudden' epidemic of child molesters. What there is, is a sudden epidemic of KNOWING about them. There were still pedophiles prior to the "information age", but now everyone knows everything the second it happens, which makes it seem like more bad things are happening, when in reality, we're just more AWARE of the bad things that are happening.

Kids are still most likely to abused, molested, or kidnapped by a family member, or a family friend, than a stranger

You may be quite correct. However, when I was a kid, people could let their kids play outside, ride their bicycles for miles, go places unattended, etc. People didn't have to organize "play dates". They just let their kids go outside and play.

I can even remember seeing baby carriages left outside of stores when Mom went in to shops. Nobody bothered the babies. Imagine seeing that now.

Now I see so many people fearing to let older children out of their sight. Until the stores made "family restrooms" I couldn't even go to a public restroom without some woman bringing her pre-teen son in there with her. Same with the dressing rooms in clothing stores.

There may have been 20 child molesters on every block. But it's just that no one ever heard of them in the past. I can remember when I was 5 or so. My 7 year old sister and I went "Trick or Treating" all around the neighborhood by ourselves at night. So did the other kids. Imagine anyone letting their kids do that now.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2012 7:02:07 AM

Exactly, and this is because we were taught how to interact (or rather not interact) with strangers, and how to call for help, call 911, run to a friend's house, etc.

Exactly. It may be also due -- at least in part-- to a "mass hysteria" on the part of adults that re: child molesters/child endangerment.

There is definately pressure by the public to treat their children as if they weren't capable of having any common sense. Parents fear being arrested for "child endangerment" because they discipline their children -- so they can't to be trusted not to run into a busy street, or hop into a car with just anybody, etc, there's bound to be more tradgedies involving young lives.

Children grow up helpless and incompetent, bringing troubles of all kinds on themselves. But public pressure teaches all of us that NOTHING is the fault of the child --- even those in their late teens.
 DTC1999
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2012 7:13:02 PM
from my experience on this site... 2 years ago I met a girl from POF who was 35, I was 29.. we clicked pretty good until I started talking long term.. she had no desire for marriage or kids... so within a few weeks after, it was over... so to answer the OP's question.. yes there are women on this site who don't want kids.. or marriage for that matter..
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Do women exist that do not want kids?