Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date left when she saw what was for dinner :(      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DB707
Msg: 1
Date left when she saw what was for dinner :( Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
So I had this woman over last night for dinner(winning) and all was great til she saw what I was serving. I eat clean cause I'm not a fatass so I serve this wonderful meal
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/chickenbrownriceasparag.jpg/

She takes 1 look and freaks out and "I'm not eating that s..." Keep in mind, I even took the time to figure her macros, no easy task considering women always lie about their weight. Anyway, this leads to a huge fight and she leaves.

Some people...
 Unaccounted_For
Msg: 2
Date left when she saw what was for dinner :(
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:08:08 AM
She came over for dinner and was pissed you weren't cooking something to HER tastes...oh well, we cant please everybody. Did she even bother to suggest anything? Or did she just assume?
 blondiein2012
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:15:10 AM
No manners! If you are dining at someone's table, you eat what is on your plate unles you are allergic to it, say thank you and then offer to help with clean up. Where has social etiquette gone? I guess there is not an app for that on the latest smart phone.
 SirDorksAlot
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:15:32 AM
It must of been the asparagus.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:23:18 AM
Pick better women.

I've read your posts and you seem to be the common denominator.
 DB707
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:28:31 AM
"I can chuck out chicken in rice in 15 minutes"

How do you cook something that takes 45-50 minutes in 15? Please explain. I'd love to save time
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:32:37 AM
"I can chuck out chicken in rice in 15 minutes"
How do you cook something that takes 45-50 minutes in 15? Please explain. I'd love to save time

Microwave! The latest thing in the confirmed plagiarist bachelors kitchen!

That meal looks good to me, the kind I usually have when I go most anywhere. So I stay fitter than most, and exercise also. Say, wanna invite me over for some of that homecookin, and I can show you how to make it in the Micro.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:38:43 AM

So I had this woman over last night for dinner(winning) and all was great til she saw what I was serving. I eat clean cause I'm not a fatass so I serve this wonderful meal
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/chickenbrownriceasparag.jpg/

She takes 1 look and freaks out and "I'm not eating that s..." Keep in mind, I even took the time to figure her macros, no easy task considering women always lie about their weight. Anyway, this leads to a huge fight and she leaves.

I've read your posts and you seem to be the common denominator.

May of been the fact that you implied she was a fatass in some way. Who knows. I wouldn't of been thrilled to have that served and would of not eaten some of it at all. Certainly would of never been anything special I would of prepared for someone. I can chuck out chicken in rice in 15 minutes for just a quick easy cheap meal but not anything to impress anyone with.

If you have to eat a certain way why not discuss the menu BEFORE inviting her for dinner.

I think you had a failure to communicate here. You were the chef and should of discussed the menu with your guest before hand. When I invite someone over for dinner I actually ask them what THEY want and would enjoy. I offer several suggestions and I enjoy cooking FOR THEM. The goal in these situations is to treat THEM to what they would enjoy. I dont decide the meal based on not wanting to make them a "fatass" (your rude wording not mine)

Based on your whiny post here I can only imagine how you were in person to this poor gal. Plenty of reasons for her to bail I would wager.

You can cook yourself whatever YOU want. But when you invite a guest over you should be cooking their dinner for THEM not you. Would of been easy to use the chicken breast as a main course but had other vegetables/side dishes.

rude cook, rude guest-match made in heaven.
I am a woman & I have hips, only someone who secretly wants a boy doesn't like a woman's hips
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:39:01 AM
You can cook for me anytime...
 JONITA
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:41:39 AM
Did you discuss the menue with her behore hand to find out her dietary preferences?
 grove_22
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:46:17 AM
The OP could have discussed with her what she likes ahead of time. Having said that, her reaction was still rude. There have been multiple times when I was invited someplace and I didn't like the food. I would at least eat some of it. Then say that I was full or wasn't that hungry.
 Where_2_Next
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:51:28 AM
Definitely would have been nice to find out what she eats and find something the both of you can enjoy. That's the kind of food that I eat for myself, however if someone were cooking dinner for me as a date, I would have been disappointed.

She took the low road and voiced a rude opinion in a very unfriendly manner. She should have eaten her cardboard and called it a night.
 02hdf150
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:53:22 AM
I don't see anything wrong with what you made. In fact I eat that on most nights because it's quick, easy and good for you.

Did you discuss they type of foods she likes? I've invited women over for dinner a couple of times and each time I make sure of their likes and dislikes. Are they allergic to anything? Are there certain foods you will not eat under penalty of death? Then I cater my menu to what I know they'll enjoy. If someone is just truly picky about their eating habits we won't be a match. But for her to just be rude and say she isn't eating it. I would have been polite found something she would've eaten and then that'd be the last time I saw her.
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:59:27 AM
I think the fact that you were trying to figure out her weight and using the term fat ass is a turn off. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with the meal.
 fall-blossom
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/31/2012 11:03:39 AM
Your dinner looks like not much effort was put into it. It is all bland food and not everyone is accustomed to brown rice. The chicken could have been cooked in some type of low fat sauce/stew dolloped over the rice so the dinner wouldn't be dry and hard to swallow.
 IronBelle
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/31/2012 11:04:41 AM
Maybe she was insulted? Meet people where you do not need to figure out their Macros. That is not your job anyway. You eat clean huh?

Guess what cupcake, men lie about weight too. And who the hell sits and creates a macros menu for a ****ing date??? If you met someone already in shape perhaps you would just cook and she would eat it.

Meet people more * like you * and I agree with the few saying they see your posts and you might be the issue....just saying.

Anyone can microwave rice. I personally do not touch grains like that...

Now..if I had a guy ( and after discussing favorite meals ) over I would grill a damn ribeye and make a nice romaine salad with nuts, oil and vinegar with fresh cheese on it. Just saying. And I would not be figuring his macros out...I would have a guy over who was big and buff like me so there would be ZERO insulting. As in already know the guy and know his eating style...not invite over to put down sort of thing.....
 Debisusanne
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/31/2012 11:05:32 AM
She is not your type..

Its a good thing you found out early.

and i would LOVE that meal.. (no gluten there!)

:D
 02hdf150
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/31/2012 11:06:56 AM

That's the kind of food that I eat for myself, however if someone were cooking dinner for me as a date, I would have been disappointed.

So, if a guy says he'll make dinner for you and he brought that to you, you'd be disappointed? As a woman, you wouldn't look at the fact that he made dinner for you and what a great jesture that was, but instead look at what he made instead? Granted, if he was a chef at a fancy restaurant and that was what he served then I can see that. I'm not a good cook at all but I like to try though. And no my food presentation doesn't look like it does on the Food Network but i'd hope the woman i'm entertaining would find it flattering that I made an effort to cook a meal for them and not come across as someone dissapointed that it wasn't Coq au vin.
 IronBelle
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/31/2012 11:08:33 AM
O2, I think what people see here is the OP is trying to act like some fitness buff, determining someone's macros ( lol ) and might have been rude to her. Something is missing from the story....BIG TIME.

I mean really? Even Jay Cutler or Dave Palumbo would not do that..LOL

If a guy cooked for me would I still eat the food ? Hell yes. But if he said he made some meal to break down my macros ( if the poor woman even knew what the hell he was talking about ). That is lame. I can only imagine what he may have said to her...

Now, if he was not verbally rude to her and she just acted mean, yeah that is sad....I just have a feeling something was said.
 junipermoon
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 11:11:04 AM
although you two should have discussed food preferences before agreeing to a home-cooked meal, she showed truly deplorable behavior. i hope she brought a bottle of really nice wine and left it for you before her graceless departure.

chicken, brown rice and asparagus sounds awesome to me!
 OneGodfather
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/31/2012 11:15:50 AM
did you barbecue the chicken? that brown rice looks bad actually so maybe it looked bad in person.

Look if she didn't appreciate your effort so be it, say buh byeeeeee and move on, or try gluten free pasta, with a nice cream sauce, substitute the cream for goats milk, and its healthier and tasty too.

Or maybe she just liked fried chicken who knows.
 RockerKid1970
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/31/2012 11:22:45 AM
Dude she saved you a lot of drama. If she can't handle a meal a guy made for her then I suggest she wasn't mad about the food at all. She probably thought you were loaded with $$$$$ and then changed her mind. Happened to me many times. Upside? I don't care cause they will be cows in 10 years and begging for dates.
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/31/2012 11:22:45 AM
haha yeah, it takes me 10 mins tops to grill a piece of chicken. Was it the rice that took longer?
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/31/2012 11:23:11 AM

She takes 1 look and freaks out and "I'm not eating that s..."

Was she expecting prime rib and lobster?

While it does help to discuss tastes and preferences beforehand, it's not like you served fried crickets and Rocky Mountain oysters.

Chicken, rice and vegetables are served for dinner all over the world every night.

Tactless behavior.

BerniesAlive
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2012 11:23:56 AM
she's stupid. I'd eat that s...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date left when she saw what was for dinner :(