Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Camping on Vancouver Island, Friday April 27 - Monday April 30, 2012      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Space_Cowboy_II
Msg: 1
Camping on Vancouver Island, Friday April 27 - Monday April 30, 2012Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Mercy sakes, looks like we got us another camping CONVOY!

Time to go camping again! This is a big shout out to all POF'ers and their friends/relatives/kissing cousins who are restless and getting impatient waiting for camping season to start! Come on out, hang out with some old friends, make some new ones, and go home with some great memories!
Details:
Friday April 27 - Monday April 30, 2012

Living Forest Campground - their motto is, 'the Only Thing We Overlook is the Waterfront'
6 Maki Rd,
Nanaimo, BC

V9R 6N7

on Vancouver Island
http://www.livingforest.com/

250-755-1755
This is a highly acclaimed campground, and a great place to kick off the camping season, as they have power for those who might want to bring an electric heater. They also have cable and wireless internet. And, although there is a grocery store/pub/liquor store/Tim Horton's within minutes, it really feels like you're out in the wilderness when you're in the campground. There is a good chance the Canucks will still be in the playoffs.....fellow Canuck fans are welcome to join me at my site, and although some camping purists would call this blasphemy, I fully intend to be watching the playoffs at my site with my TV on the picnic table, with a campfire going, while I work on improving my attitude by self-medicating with Harvey Wallbangers, especially if Luongo once again becomes unable to stop a beach ball...lol lol. Non Canucks fans may join me too, just don't be surprised if you don't feel a lot of love coming from me if your team beats my beloved Canucks, lol.

This campground has a quiet time which goes from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.....please respect this, as they will shut us down, and I would like to be welcome to come back here again! PLEASE excercise common sense and do not over-indulge or disturb other campers, and keep noise at all times to reasonable levels. Other rules of note are....campfires must be out by 11pm, and no outside music allowed in the park. They are not hard and fast on these rules, but if we get complaints, don't be surprised if you/we get a visit from security. So this may not be the kind of event for someone looking to come out and party hearty until the wee hours of the morning while having heavy metal blasting from your ghetto blaster lol.

All the information about the campground is online at the Living Forest web site above: Directions, site map, pricing for various types of sites from treed tent sites all the way to luxury camping suites for those generator types (RV serviced pull-throughs in case you got excited) Please do not message me with questions that are easily answered at the campground web site.....I don't take kindly to stupid questions....lol.

If you'd like to book online, they have that capablilty - just go to http://www.livingforest.com/ , or call them directly at 250-755-1755! Availability should not be an issue - lots of sites at this time of year. Easy access for islanders and mainlanders.

Bring all the gear, food, poison you need to be self-sufficient in your own camp site. Bring a kayak if you have one, just don't expect me to go with you, lol. Bring a camping chair (essential!!!)....We'll probably have a communal fire...we may also have a pot luck dinner Saturday night....so bring something for yourself to barbeque and a potluck dish to share that night...salad, dessert, veggies, potato/rice dish, your special camping treat - whatever. If you want to come, but have little or no gear, let me know, and I will try to hook you up with someone willing to share. You may also post your requests/hints/suggestions/ on the event thread. I will do my best to help you, but please remember this is a free site/event, I am just a volunteer, I am not profiting from this is any way shape or form, and in no way am I associated with Living Forest except as a patron.

Upon arrival, stop by site #89 to see me, Sheriff_of_Nottingham, look for a red and white '73 Volkswagen Westfalia....Any questions? Send me a message or post it here. I'm looking for cohosts, so if you're up for it, let me know!

Can't wait to meet you all! 10-4 good buddy's, now it's time to put the hammer down and book your site now!
Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

~carl lingus69~

aqualu

Bocephus19

ClassC

esp60

Give luv a chance

GS DR Feelgood

IslandGurl8

john999999

langfordclassnsass

lowflyingobject

Nate321

Sheriff_of_Nottingham

singlesailor4u

weelassy49

15 people are attending
 courtenaygal
Msg: 2
Camping on Vancouver Island, Friday April 27 - Monday April 30, 2012
Posted: 4/2/2012 6:18:40 PM
Awesome. I am so glad that there will be camping on Vancouver Island this year. Thank you so much for planning it.

I may only be able to come for one night because of a POF event in Courtenay on Saturday night that is already planned.
 john999999
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/2/2012 10:14:52 PM
don't need to camp over nite cause I live here in nanaimo john
 Space_Cowboy_II
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/3/2012 9:07:54 AM
now worries courtenaygal, you are welcome to come and stay for as little or as long as you like!
 Space_Cowboy_II
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/3/2012 9:09:38 AM
that's ok John, I'm sure there will be someone there that will require your mechanical expertise....and maybe a ride or two also, since you'll always be sober! LOL
 Kenzie5507
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2012 9:49:30 AM
oh thats right, John can be the DD, maybe I'll hitch a ride with him. Come on Spring ! we've been waiting long enough.
 Space_Cowboy_II
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/5/2012 8:36:49 PM
yes, and if John comes, he'll need someone to keep him in line....he only behaves for the ladies.....lol
 Space_Cowboy_II
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/6/2012 10:56:42 AM
welcome new signups esp60, GS DR Feelgood, langfordclassnsass, & sugarcoated01....looking forward to meeting you all! Please keep in mind, if you need any information from me, I won't be able to e-mail you without first receiving an e-mail from you, because of your restrictions on who you will accept e-mails from, ie, age, distance, gender, etc.
 Space_Cowboy_II
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/8/2012 4:58:24 PM
Welcome FanceeP and Monty4949....looking forward to meeting you as well! Looks like we're going to have a nice little group of interesting campers!
 ClassC
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 11:40:25 PM
Hiya Courtenaygal...It will be so nice to see you again...and your pup!
 Space_Cowboy_II
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/11/2012 10:48:55 PM
woohoo, and now we are 15.....5 more and I can mass e-mail! (not sure I really want to, just like to be able to if I want)...welcome new signups bgrant, Bocephus, Class C, Nate, Smilesandmoresmiles, and What_a_catch....we're gonna have more fun than the law allows! lol
 ClassC
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2012 11:52:19 PM
When the Sheriff says five more, and then he can mass email...DO...GIVE 'IM FIVE MORE SIGN UPS...cuz I'm readingmessages"how come I wasn't invited"...this means we don't get some wonderful and also some vereeeeee inteeeresteeng folks making their ways through the trees with us when we start the Conga Line...say...who knows how to get the magician with his blender to show up???Sharing a site(one rv, and one tent(not sure about the extra car...haven't read the rules yet) saved a few pennies, made for some great listening opportunities last time...the bathrooms are great and so are the showers...(no sharesies allowed!!)))
 lowflyingobject
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 1:23:48 AM
ok, only 4 more needed, I won't be able to attend, but hope everyone has a great time.
 weelassy49
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/14/2012 9:53:39 AM
Helping out with the numbers. Won't likely attend. Have fun all!!
 Space_Cowboy_II
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/18/2012 2:57:28 PM
alrighty then...looks like the weather's going to be fabulous....can't wait! Thanks to those that signed up to help me get enough numbers so that I could do a mass e-mail...yee haw!!!
 john999999
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/22/2012 12:17:12 PM
looking good for the camping

and still got room for some pofer at the social nite
 singlesailor4u
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2012 10:29:30 PM
Looking forward to meeting some new friends and testing my luck at the "pot luck". Hope for sunshine but a little rain won't be a problem for me. Sailboat is still in the back yard so have to use my land yacht.
 singlesailor4u
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 10:41:17 AM
How far away is Sun's Noodle Bar? Can I walk from the campsite? Once set up, I don't want to move my rig.
 Kenzie5507
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 8:13:25 PM
I am sure you can walk it , but since I'm not quite sure how far down Maki road the campground is I won't swear to it, I think a few people will be going to the dinner so car pooling should be an option
 Space_Cowboy_II
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:22:41 PM
k, well the weather is not looking like it's going to be the best, but won't be the worst I've ever camped in either...I will have heat, room to play cards inside, TV if anyone's still interested in the playoffs, a big 10 x 10 canopy, with a table, tarps, coffee on for anyone that wants it, a brand new camping bbq, a 10 X 20 shelter for the van....this is a dry run for some more serious camping trips ...thinking about doing another POF campout in early June at a BC Forest Service campground up Campbell River way, maybe even Gold River.
 Space_Cowboy_II
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/26/2012 10:15:21 AM
oh don't worry about having to sleep in your car Smiles, I am sure someone will have a spot for you!
 Space_Cowboy_II
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/27/2012 12:21:10 PM
hmmmm, well I guess I'll find out pretty quick heh, I am leaving within the hour....and as for the maximim number of people allowed per site, well, I wasn't planning on having anyone else stay at my site, unless something unforeseen happens, which would be just fine too!
 Space_Cowboy_II
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/27/2012 8:20:52 PM
now, coming to you live from Living Forest campground.....it's beautiful here!
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Camping on Vancouver Island, Friday April 27 - Monday April 30, 2012