Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Unsuitable partners      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Unsuitable partnersPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I did once date a girl from a council house estate. In my defence it was an exceedingly posh area, that I didn't realise they had a tiny social housing hidden within its midst! She was most unsuitable, but it was somehow nevertheless enjoyable for it!
 Jo van
Msg: 5
Unsuitable partners
Posted: 4/2/2012 9:40:23 AM
Yes, it's a tragic story really OP., I once dated a woman with lovely blonde hair. She was only 3'7" tall, though I was prepared to overlook that... (I have a 34" inside leg, so I thought she was pretty much my 'ideal woman'.) and all of her 'funny little ways'.

We dated for a while, and got to know each other, and everything was fine.
It was only when we became intimate, that I realised that she'd betrayed my trust, and been lying to me, all along.
Ginger pubes.....

I find it hard to trust, now...
 DameWrite
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Unsuitable partners
Posted: 4/2/2012 1:47:54 PM
I might be doing that now. The thing is I do not KNOW that we aren't suited, I just think that we aren't suited for living together. Will this become an issue? Still not sure, but it's only been 8 months. I guess I'm willing to go through with it and possibly get hurt but I'm definitely keeping a check on my emotional investment and making sure that it's a healthy relationship. I'm not that reckless.
I don't know because so much can change and already has, like our expectations and so called must haves. I'm not sure what I want for a relationship anymore, so unless things get weird, I'm going to continue living this one day to day, and to hell with thinking about having to live together or trying to predict the future.
I'm laughing now because it's hard to get a grasp on things when they are constantly evolving.
I'm hoping things evolve from this morning I can tell you, not a good start to the day.
 bootielicious
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Unsuitable partners
Posted: 4/3/2012 10:10:33 AM
I have a dodgy man detector, it was faulty when I got it and it's never picked out a suitable partner for me yet. In fact, you can guarantee if I agree to see someone, it is never going to work and 3 weeks is about my limit most of the time.

I now consider myself relationship phobic, as soon as I think I fancy someone I know they are going to be wrong for me.

Sad, but true!!!!!
 *rem*
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Unsuitable partners
Posted: 4/3/2012 10:16:35 AM
3 weeks is a booty call!!
 bootielicious
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Unsuitable partners
Posted: 4/3/2012 10:37:09 AM
I call it a frustration lol

NicolaSeven
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Unsuitable partners
Posted: 4/3/2012 1:05:08 PM
I've had some very very very short term liaisons with some fabulous-at-the-time men.. sometimes (me) wanting more and sometimes Not.Ever.Going.There.Again.. but I've never had a situation like this lasting more than a few dates/meets..

No regrets.. there's some good memories looking back there.. even though he or I realised as good as it seemed at the time it wasnt enough.. or the attraction wasnt enough.. or there just wasnt any interest after that dalliance..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Unsuitable partners
Posted: 4/3/2012 1:16:48 PM

Don't really agree with the term FvckBuddy... It just seems like something people say to delude themselves into thinking, that they're not using someone else (or aren't being used) for sex.

I always thought the term FvckBuddy was really actually used to recognise/annotate that each other was actually really using each other as a FvckBuddy.. what did you think they thought about each other?
 icarusi
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Unsuitable partners
Posted: 2/9/2013 5:04:05 PM
Yes, the physical attraction was 100% on my part, but I knew there were quite a few incompatibilities at the start, just a question of could I live with them and/or would they get worse or better. Some improved, some got worse, and as time went on I was excusing more than I should have, or was comfortable with. In the end it was just a matter of time before the final straw, which didn't seem that big in isolation, but added to the list, it was best to finish it all than try and work something out. Not that I'm trying to paint myself as perfect, but I've always gone with a give'n'take idea and this was tending to all 'give' from me.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Unsuitable partners
Posted: 2/9/2013 5:07:53 PM
I think that for some spending time with unsuitable partners is part of the subconscious's bucket list before they are really ready to take the chance of getting their heart broken again.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Unsuitable partners
Posted: 2/10/2013 1:34:11 AM
it was a case of " summer love" i think ( though it didnt feel like that at the time of course, i thought it was going to become something meaningful )...but, at the end of one date as we were sat on a blanket overlooking the valley, my hand was caressing the back of her neck, and she edged closer, her lips almost touching my ear. and she just whispered. bahhh bleat bleat !!....and trotted of to rejoin the flock, somehow, i knew i`d never see her again.

well, i may have ?, but they all look the bloody same from a distance ! :O)
 AthenaMarina
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Unsuitable partners
Posted: 2/19/2013 12:46:17 PM
I have done!
Actually, debating meeting a guy from here who is IMHO gorgeous & it might be an interesting night one way or the other, even though I DON'T see much relationship potential in it cos we have been in contact a lot & said we'd meet then one thing or another happened...but I kinda feel like HMMM let's just MEET already! Dunno!
 Melodical
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Unsuitable partners
Posted: 2/19/2013 2:07:43 PM
5'11" red head, very attractive, good job very intelligent. One problem though: add alcohol. Our first and only date we went out on the town, 8 stinger co*tails ( brandy and Creme de Menthe) later fighting with another woman for her "giving her a sneery look" bouncer comes over to split them up who promptly then gets pepper sprayed. Both of us thrown out along with some innocent bystanders (sorry guys) her standing outside bellowing "Do you know who I am?" to whit the manager replies "Yes a fvcking psycho" only to be informed he was a "dead man walking" At this point I decided to exit the area and cut the night short for a kebab instead!

Next morning got a text "Was a bit drunk lat night lolz, someone pinched my shoes".... I didn't ask.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Unsuitable partners
Posted: 2/20/2013 3:31:50 AM
I have had a partner who was very unsuitable because they where unsuitable,but very suitable because of the unsuitable things she liked doing at suitable times.
She thought I was very unsuitable because she was unsuitable and that I was suitable because of the unsuitable things I liked at suitable times. Until it became unsuitable to her. At which point I became unsuitably unsuitable about the fact that she was no longer suitable to are unsuitable arrangement.
But me being unsuitable to her no longer being suited to us being unsuitable together quite suited her senses so be continued being unsuitable together just because of the unsuitable position we had now got ourselves into.
It was a very unsuitable arrangement.
(:
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Unsuitable partners