Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > What's going on here?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 laskoboo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What's going on here?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Don't be coy..... as if there are not women who are monsters on the site, some worse then the men.
I have been coming to POF on and off for years and have watched it myself. Women who lure men across the county with lies.
I have seen it for myself here in the forums.

There are both genders that give dating sites a bad name, but before dating sites, the same type people exsisted and did exactly what they do now, only non technical version.

Dinner ho's, diseased, players, pervs, fakes, frauds, ... the ones out to totally waste your time, the unrealisitc, the down and desperate.......... users, losers, abusers come in both genders.
 Pinky127
Msg: 3
What's going on here?
Posted: 4/4/2012 7:32:23 AM
Is this something guys are doing?

Op,you would not believe what *some* guys say in their emails and the 'im'
chat thingy here.
Its as if all the pervs,desperados and idiots are on here sometimes.
Read the Forums a bit longer and you'll get a clearer understanding of why so many
women try and deter these men.
I must say that NOT all the guys here are like that but there's certainly plenty who are.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What's going on here?
Posted: 4/4/2012 7:54:26 AM
Women are naturally more guarded then men for the obvious reasons. For online interaction I suspect what happens is often a disconnect which occurs because women have set up profiles that often send the wrong signal. Indeed, a woman could have a normal profile and still receive vile responses. But, based on what I have seen on this site it is often suggestive language or pictures that opens the floodgates to such responses.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 6
view profile
History
What's going on here?
Posted: 4/4/2012 12:16:59 PM
LOL dating sites, and men, or the internet in general, I am a long time geek, Imagine being on vent or teamspeek as a woman, get allot of pervs, actually come to think of it, the real world makes some of us jaded, I hit the bar with one of my guy friends to prevent the molestation that comes with being at the bar, this isn't a one time thing, this is pretty much every darn time. Pretty bad when I have to have a fake boyfriend, just to ward off the pervs.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 7
What's going on here?
Posted: 4/4/2012 12:55:31 PM
Both genders tend to email things they would never have the balls to do in real life...making online a tad weird at times.

I never saw the point of stating the obvious, such as 'if you are only looking for sex then pass me by'...statements like that just seem to draw the weirdos even more.
 KevinniveK01
Msg: 10
What's going on here?
Posted: 4/4/2012 2:53:08 PM
I've always assumed these sites are strictly about looks and the women are going after the really good looking guys, who inevitably use them for sex and then move on to the next one. I believe these guys are probably getting a lot of sex off this site, leaving the women they've been with bitter and jaded, ruining it for the guys like me who are interested in a serious relationship. Who knows?
 neck romancer
Msg: 11
view profile
History
What's going on here?
Posted: 4/4/2012 7:29:26 PM
Im a flag mod at Ok cupid... so I see all the reported shit people send to each other.
And yes I can confirm that ALOT of dudes just wanna hook up and send****pics. Men also tend to be very mean when rejected.
Makes me sad to be a man >_<

Oh and yes women do some dumb stuff too.. just seems to be less than the dudes.
 KevinniveK01
Msg: 12
What's going on here?
Posted: 4/4/2012 7:36:58 PM
Don't forget, VeeDub, you MUST also make them laugh a lot. LOL!
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 13
What's going on here?
Posted: 4/4/2012 7:53:45 PM
"What's going on here?"

My take: Refugees from Craigslist.

From what I have read, a number of years ago, Craigslist (another free site and generally considered the bottom of the barrel now) was a pretty decent place to meet people. Then the trolls started approaching the decent women there and drove them away, to be replaced by "bots" which attempted to feed the trolls by re-directing them to other trashy sites, thereby driving the trolls to other free sites, such as this one.
Four, five, six years ago, you did not see the same volume of "disclaimers" and "warnings" from women in their profiles as you see now, because they were not getting the volume of trolls approaching them as there are now.
 Marich77
Msg: 17
What's going on here?
Posted: 4/4/2012 10:11:43 PM
Most guys will act to be the ones that are looking for a relationship and being exactly what the females description is looking for.
 nostres59840
Msg: 19
What's going on here?
Posted: 4/5/2012 11:30:06 AM
I am actually relieved that a lot of guys feel the same way - what the heck? It does not just happen on here though. It is my opinion that men and women that are afraid to open themselves in life find it easier to just jump into a sexual relationship to try to "connect." I find it a huge turn off because then I could be anybody - NOT! It also seems strange to fill out a whole profile to find someone and then blow it up with that kind of behavior. Oh well, live and learn it just makes it easier to move on to the ones that want the same thing - something REAL!
 PutYouOnBlast
Msg: 21
What's going on here?
Posted: 4/5/2012 12:36:49 PM
Eh, it's all pathetic, really. From the stories I have to tell to the stories that I have heard from men and women who's dating experiences on this site were far from great. I have MET up with people only to be satisfied to know that I wouldn't make it to a first date with them. No time or money wasted for anyone.

As far as the ones who do message with lewd remarks and penis pics, again----PATHETIC. Anyone who does that makes it obvious that they do not get 'any' anywhere. Think about it. With so many sites up for hookups and they come here to do that, is making it quite clear that they don't get far on any of those sites and they are desperate.
 KevinniveK01
Msg: 22
What's going on here?
Posted: 4/5/2012 5:17:41 PM
Rusty - Are you the same Rusty Kuntz who played for the White Sox?
 Mr.B3D
Msg: 23
What's going on here?
Posted: 4/6/2012 10:34:32 PM
Little kiddies in your little fairy tale lives as american corporate media products, just will never no the facts of life, tsk tsk. Dude, foreals you have to ask, you have phd in psychology or something don't you.
 trh1268
Msg: 24
view profile
History
What's going on here?
Posted: 4/10/2012 8:36:53 PM
I'm not looking for sex right off the bat, and i still don't get a response back, go figure! ............................................
 zuzus_petals
Msg: 25
view profile
History
What's going on here?
Posted: 4/11/2012 7:58:44 AM
There are just as many jaded men. I bypass the negative profiles. Most of us have had bad experiences at some point in time, no need to dwell on them...or whine about them. I'm not into people who enjoy playing the victim.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > What's going on here?