Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > does this site work? at all?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DylRB92
Msg: 1
does this site work? at all?Page 1 of 1    
so the testimonials ive read so far suggest this site is a waste of time for about 99% of people? any thoughts on this anyone? btw whats hilarious is ive met more women on tagged then here, has anyone ever seen how crappy that site is? i guess since you dont have to write a bunch of lies about who you think you are (cause get real most of us have a superficial view of ourselves). instead on tagged you just have a picture and actually have to talk to the person to find out about them. not read some bs profile full of lies. now dont get me wrong. apparently some people do find what there looking for on here and it is a much nicer and well maintained site compared to tagged.

so ive met zero people and maybe 1 half-ass worthwhile conversation, was kinda depressed at the time so i imagine i was a bore but oh well. so here's the question. how many people have actually met any worthwhile people on this site? seriously considering deleting this account and just forgetting this site altogether
 s4178
Msg: 2
view profile
History
does this site work? at all?
Posted: 4/5/2012 4:08:46 PM
I'm beginning to think the same thing. Seams all they want is to hook up and fool around. I have been on here for almost a couple of years and other than a hand full of meets have not met anyone real or normal. If they are normal the spark is not there for me or they live too far away.
 optimismfirst
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/6/2012 1:17:59 PM
have patience and just keep looking and trying.
It will happen
 Blue22Red
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/11/2012 9:04:59 PM
Actually, I think patience is a big key. I've met a nice gal on here who's very smart, gas a great smile and a great sense of humor, has a good head on her shoulders and, well, she's pretty cute too! We've been seeing each other for the past three months and have planned a camping trip together next month! We'll see where it goes from there, but it's looking pretty good.

Before that, I had been on this site for a full year!! Granted, there's not much to choose from where I live. Finding girls who are somewhat intelligent, don't have a ton of baggage, are somewhat attractive and have a lick of common sense ... yes, all in one person ... is kind of hard to come by. I guess patience really is a virtue in some cases. :)
 xkin2011
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/13/2012 8:36:28 PM
I have met a few girls that I haven't been interested in but thank you POF as of tonight I have a girl friend that I met on this site.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/14/2012 9:09:44 PM

Ive been on here for years and it doesnt work. men lie to just get laid and arent looking for anything serious or they all think they deserve tens so this site is a joke

Oddly enuogh; the only time women DO follow through is when they are seeking sex.

Those who are looking to date dont come through FOR the dates.

I think someone poured oil in the water.
 Sunny_Coaster
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/15/2012 10:43:40 PM
Yes it does work, patience is the key, I met two people in the last month that I've had a connection with, but now I've met an amazing person on this site and I've decided to take things more seriously. I look forward to seeing how things develop.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/23/2012 7:46:13 PM
I don't know if you could call it "working" - I've had one 8 month relationship where he decided he wasn't ready to date (widower) and didn't know if he ever would be. I was already seeing issues but hadn't gotten to the point of backing out.

Had a 2.5 year relationship after that. Although maybe I should say a 6 month relationship with 2 yrs of off and pseudo-on until he finally ran away. Another 'I don't know I'm ready for a relationship and don't know that that's what I even want'.

I'm not judging "success" by whether the relationship lasts forever. I judge it by how it ends. It's one thing if it ends due to incompatibility. Another thing when it ends because it was doomed from the start by one person not even wanting a relationship and the other person deluding themself that there's more there than there is.

Not blaming pof. Not blaming the men. I must have a broken picker.
 alabama361975
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/26/2012 12:45:28 PM
Hate to say this but if i knew the number of women i have messaged on here and told people that number then people would think im lieing,i have messaged so many that i have no condfindence in messageing another....something is wrong somewhere,i sorta think some people are putting profile's up to just be funny.
 UKTom2
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2012 4:10:49 PM
I put in a few evening's work and got some real life dates out of it. They came to nothing, but I think you could say that it sort of worked.
I haven't got the energy to work that hard again for a while though.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > does this site work? at all?