Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how to tell if a guy likes you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ItsMargo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
how to tell if a guy likes youPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
You've given him your number - that has likely told him you like him enough to find out more. If he calls you he likes you enough to find out more. If he doesn't, I wouldn't bother wondering further.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 4
how to tell if a guy likes you
Posted: 4/8/2012 8:10:20 PM
ok you have given him your number? and he has not asked you out yet? ummm he isn't into you...when a man likes you and he has your number he will ask you out? Men have no problem asking out women they like.
 neck romancer
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 11:03:52 PM
just ask him out point blank! Problem solved
 JSNC7
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 12:25:59 AM
I can't tell you what the dating customs in Australia are, but here in America, it's finally socially acceptable for a man to ask a woman out for coffee, a walk in the park, or pizza.

Remember that not all men are going to jump at the opportunity to ask a woman out, even if they appear interested. Some men are shy, even though you said, he is using terms like babe and sweet heart. One never knows; he could have a flirtatious style... and possibly a Girl Friend.
 neck romancer
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 12:43:26 AM
@ xgillybx
Theres a possibility the guy hasnt picked up on her signals... he could be dreadfully shy... who knows.
I say the best way to go about this is to be direct and ask him out. If he dislikes that then he is useless! Why would you want to date a guy like that.
If you ask him out you will know right then and there... no waiting required... you can get on with your life!
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 3:02:53 AM
You can casually ask him if he wants to go talk over a cup of coffee and name a close coffee shop. He might be shy, so just ask him for a cup of coffee to talk further.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/9/2012 8:21:22 AM
Just ask him if he likes you.

Asking questions to the person you're on the forums asking about, is the best way to get an honest answer and know what's going on.
 JSNC7
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 8:59:34 AM
" I have asked men out " I admire you for doing that. I wish that more women would do the same thing.

OP, I would think about finding someone more worthy of your time,and who won't give you mixed signals, to give your number to.
 JeepHarley
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 4:02:43 PM
Not always. If he is young then inexperience and shyness to come into play.
 JSNC7
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 4:14:10 PM
" he does no my name, he also said that he wants to catch up but he hasnt got a phone at the moment"

In the USA, there are pre paid phones at every Wal Mart, and at other tores. I would assume that he could get a phone like that, if he's interested in getting, and staying in contact with any woman for dating.

Smoke signals and mind reading aren't all the rage as they may have once been.

I have a 4 letter word for him.... N E X T !
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/9/2012 6:47:53 PM
As far as I'm concerned you did ask him out by giving him your phone number. If he called you than his answer is yes.

So there's your answer. I'd move on. Plenty more where he came from. .
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/29/2012 7:19:39 AM
OP - you have already given him your number ?

well how bout you wait for him to call you...

instead of worryin bout it ???
 WD1094
Msg: 22
view profile
History
give him your email address.
Posted: 4/29/2012 3:12:46 PM
It is harder for a shy guy to make a phone call than to send an email.. give him your email address. If he does not send you an email then he is not really interested. Secondly he may not be interested, but want to sleep with you which is a very common reason some men flirt. If he pressures you for sex on the first date then sex is probably all he wants, just keep that in mind.
 WD1094
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:54:55 PM
He cancelled your meeting.. he txts rather than call, you haven't heard from him in a week then he is not seriously interested.

Let me predict.. when and if you do ever hook up he is going to pressure you for sex.. this is all he might want from you if he ever does take the time to bother.. Just my prediction.
 statemachine500
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/29/2012 7:13:36 PM
Tell him you need some help putting a new bed together.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how to tell if a guy likes you