Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > Favorite Quote!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sabetha
Msg: 2
Favorite Quote!Page 1 of 1    
"If someone steals somethin' they needed it more than I did." ~ Marcus Risner, a.k.a. "Froug"
 Himeros4u
Msg: 3
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 4/13/2012 8:36:46 PM
When you think outside the box, the box goes away!

~ Richard Reisman ~
 BobGreeley
Msg: 5
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 4/14/2012 6:11:42 PM
"Cause and Effect"

Principles always have natural consequences attached to them. There are positive consequences when we live in harmony with the principles. There are negative consequences when we ignore them. But because these principles apply to everyone, whether or not they are aware, this limitation is universal. And the more we know of correct principles, the greater is our personal freedom to act wisely.

Stephen Covey
 billingsmason
Msg: 6
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 4/15/2012 6:35:39 PM
Here's all you have to know about men and women:
"Women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid."
George Carlin
 jojoloveschikn
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 4/15/2012 8:47:28 PM
tomorrows never promised.
A.A.
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 4/16/2012 10:03:24 PM
No Favourites,Quotes persay yet Like.&these from a Book,&some is Orient Others no.&Etcs
The source of all things is in the Tao.
It is a treasure for the good, & a refuge for all in need. On auspicious
occassions, when gifts are sent, rather than sending horses or jade, send the teachings of the Tao. -Lao Tzu
Be still like a great mountain. Move like a flowing river. -Chang San-Feng
Creator of Tai Chi
There was a gorge, known as the Dragon Gate, & legend had it that if a
carp succeeded in jumping through the Dragon Gate it would emerge as a
dragon. -From Seven Taoist Masters
When I let go of who I am, I become who I might be. -Lao Tzu
Taoism, in its broadest sense, is the search for truth & reality. In a narrower sense, it is the original knowledge tradition of China. -Liu I-
Ming, Taoist Scholar, Eighteenth Century, AWakening to the Tao
Understanding the Tao is like trying to cage the wind. -Siji Tzu
When man is born he is tender & soft. At death he is stiff & hard. All things, the grass as well as the trees,
are tender & supple while alive. When dead they are withered & dried. Therefore, the stiff & hard are companions of death. The tender & soft are companions of life. -Lao Tzu
Breathing control gives man strength, vitality, inspiration, & magic powers. -Chuang Tzu
Improper breathing is a common cause of ill health.If I had to limit my advice on healthierliving to just one tip,it would be simply to learn how to
breathe correctly.There's no single more powerful-or more simple-daily practice to further your health & well-being than breathwork.-Andrew
Weil,M.D.
All chronic pain,suffering,&diseases are caused from a lack of oxygen at the cell level.-ArthurC.Guyton,M.D.
TextBook of Medical Physiology
Breathing nourishes youthfulness. -
The Jade Emperor's Mind Seal Classic
&ToBCont.
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 4/16/2012 10:32:43 PM
Same &Etcs
Concentrate on the goal of meditation.
Do not listen with your ear, but listen with your mind;
Not with your mind, but with your breath.
Let the hearing stop with your ear, Let the mind stop with its images.
Breathing means to empty oneself & to wait for Tao.
-Chuang Tzu
Breathing out-
Touching the root of heaven, one's heart opens.
The dragon slips into the water.
Breathing in-
Standing on the root of earth, one's heart is still & deep.
The Tiger's claw cannot be removed.
-Chang San-Feng
Chi-the energy that sustains all life- holds the key to health & longevity.
Christiane Northrup,M.D.
If one desires to cultivate the path of
immortals, one must first cultivate the path of men. As long as the path of men has not yet been cultivated, the path of immortals will be far. The
Confucians say that only after having
harmonized one's family can one pacify the country. Harmonizing the family corresponds to the path of men, & pacifying the country to the path of immortals.
-Wang Kunyang
I urge you to bring into harmony for me nature, heaven, & Tao. There must be an end & beginning. Heaven must be in accord with the lights of the sky, the celestial bodies & their course & periods. The earth below must reflect the four seasons, the five elements, that which is precious & that which is lowly & with-out value-one as well the other. Is it not that in winter man responds to yin (the principle of darkness & cold)? &
is it not that in summer he responds to yang (the principle of light & warmth)?
-The Yellow Emperor's Classic of Internal Medicine
When you become one with nature, you are in accord with the Tao. -Lao Tzu
To remain hidden or to fly & leap, it is all up to the mind. -Chang Po-Tuan, Understanding Reality, Eleventh Century A.D.
Flow with whatever may happen & let
your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. -Chuang Tzu
&ToBCont
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 4/16/2012 11:01:35 PM
AGain Same &Etcs
Such moments when Mind & Matter hold perfect communion
& wide vistas open to regions hitherto entirely barred,
Will come with irresistible force,
& go, their departure none can hinder.
Hiding, they vanish like a flash of light;
Manifest, they are like sounds in midair.
-Lu Chi, Chinese Scholar, A.D. 261-
The scholar learns something every day. The man of Tao unlearns something every day, until he gets back to non-doing. -Lao Tzu
Longtime [meditation] practitioners showed brain activation on a scale we have never seen before. -Richard Davidson,Ph.D
Optimal cognitive function requires a
relaxed mental state. -Dharma Singh
Khalsa,M.D.
Nourish yourself internally.
In peace, stillness & contemplate emptiness,
The hidden light of the origin will glow
To illuminate the entire body.
-Wei Po Yang, The Triple Unity (A Classic Second-Century AlChemical Text)
Whenever you read a book or have a conversation, the experience causes physical changes in your brain. -George Johnson,In the Palaces of Memory
Its never too late to start. With a little effort, even people in their seventies & eighties can see dramatic
improvements.-Dennis Forth,Ph.D.,
University of Alberta
If your actions follow the Tao, you will progress. If your actions stray from the Tao, your progress will be halted. -Shui-Ch'Ing Tzu, Cultivating
Stillness
The Tao is that energy that has existed from the beginning when there was neither structure nor differentiation. It is the source of life
in heaven & on earth. It creates & is all things. -Shui-Ch'ching Tzu
As it acts in the world, the Tao is like
the
bending of a tree.
The top is bent downward; the bottom
is bent up.
It adjusts excess & deficiency so that
there
is perfect balance.
-Lao Tzu
--'Quote'is spaced out...can't do same,here on this Site..etcs
&ToBCont
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 4/16/2012 11:21:45 PM
Still AGain &Etcs
Taoism is the way of man's cooperation with the course or trend
of the natural world, whose principles we discover in the flow patterns of water, gas, & fire. -Alan Watts
Man follows the earth.
Earth follows the universe.
The universe follows the Tao.
-Lao Tzu
A good cook goes through a knife in a year,
Because he cuts.
An average cook goes through a knife in a
month,
Because he hacks.
-Chuang Tzu
Under heaven nothing is more soft &
yielding than water.
Yet for attacking the solid & strong
nothing is better. It has no equal.
- Lao Tzu
--'Quote'Also spaces out..still cant do same,here etcs
I dreamed I was a butterfly, flying in the sky; then I awoke. Now
I wonder, am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a
butterfly dreaming that I am a man?
_Chuang Tzu
Mystics have never been very interested in theology.Mystics are interested in direct experience.&the Taoists,being mystics,were the only great group of ancient Chinese people who seriously studied nature.
They were interested in its principles
from the beginning,&their books are full of analogies between the Taoist way of life &the behavior of natural forces seen in water,wind,or plants&
rocks.-AlanWatts
Being one with nature,he is in accord
with the Tao.
Being in accord with the Tao, he is everlasting.
-Lao Tzu
Some day comes the great awakening
when we realize that this life is no more than a dream. Yet the foolish go on thinking they are awake.
Surveying the paranorma of life with such clarity, they call this one a prince & that one a peasant. What delusion!
The great Confucius & you are both a
dream.
& I, who say all this is a dream, I too,
am a dream.
What mystery this vision contains!
_Chuang Tzu
If one advances confidently in the direction of one's dreams,& endeavors to live the life which one has imagined,one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.-HenryDavidThoreau
ToBCont
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 4/17/2012 12:17:11 AM
Still Same &Etcs
What is life?An illusion,afiction,a passingshadow...for all of life's a dream&dreams themselves are only part of dreaming.-PedroCalderónDe LaBarca,17ThCenturySpanishWriter
How can you be certain that your whole life isnot a dream?-René Descartes
All that we see is but a dream withina
dream.-EAPoe Accurate knowledge about the signs which occur in dreams will be found very valuable for all purposes.-HIPPOCRATES
After theyhave concentrated& purified their thoughts,then aman&a woman may practice together the art
that leads to longevity.This method allows aman&awomantogether to activate their chi...&if this discipline
is continued over averylongperiod, then itwill become anaturalhabit&a method for livinglong&attaining immortality.-Deng Ming-Dao,Seven Bamboo Tablets ofthe Cloudy Satchel
Those seeking immortality must perfect the absolute essentials.These
consist of treasuring the ching, circulating the chi,&consuming the great medicine.-KoHung,4ThCentury TaoistAlChemist
Not only should the maleelement be nourished,but the femaleelement should likewise be.-Secret Instructions Concerning the Jade
Bedroom
The ingenuity of that which causes material form is patent to the eye,& its operations are superficial. Therefore it arises anon,&anon it vanishes.Only one who knows that life is really illusion,&that death is really evolution,can begin to learn magic.-LiehTzu,FifthCentury B.C.
One Yin & one Yang, this is the Tao.
-Book of Changes
Being & non-being create each other.
Difficult & easy support each other.
Long & short define each other.
High & low depend on each other.
Before & after follow each other.
-Lao Tzu The world is formed from the void,like utensils from a block of wood.The Master knows the utensils,yet keeps to the block.Thus he can use all things.-LaoTzu
ToBCont
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 4/17/2012 12:44:54 AM
Still going &Etcs
The Changes is a book from which one cannot hold aloof.Its Tao is forever changing,alteration, movement without fixed law,firm & yielding transform each other.They cannot be confined within a rule;it is
only change that is at work here.
-Book of Changes
The acient Chinese mind contemplates the cosmos in a way comparable to that of a the modern physicist.-CarlJung
The future can be seen right now. Because the future is made of the present. If you look deeply into the present,you know already what kind of future you'll have. -Thich Nhat Hanh
Many teachers will tell you to believe;then they put out your eyes of reason & instruct you to follow only their logic.But I want you to keep your eyes of reason'open;in addition,I will open in you another eye,the eye of wisdom.-SriYukteswar
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading. -
Lao Tzu
Opportunities multiply as they are seized. -Sun Tzu
The superior person contains the means in his own person.He bides his time & then acts.
-Book of Changes
To conduct one's life according to the Tao is to conduct one's life without regrets; To realize that potential within oneself which is of benefit to all.
-LaoTzu
If one desires to cultivate path of immortals,one must firstcultivate path of men.As long as path of men hasnot yet been cultivated,path of immortals will be far.-Wang Chong- Yang,A Founder of Complete Reality Taoism,12ThCenturyA.D.
I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, & compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.
Simple in actions & in thoughts, you
return to the source of being.
Patient with both friends & enemies, you accord with the way things are.
Compassionate towards yourself, you reconcile all beings in the world.
-Lao Tzu
ToBCont
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 4/17/2012 1:07:54 AM
Still More And Etcs
It is never too late to become what you might have been. -George Elliot
It is only when we have the courage to face things exactly as they are, without any self-deception or illusion, that a light will develop out of events, by which the path to success may be recognized.
-Book of Changes
The person who possesses the source of enthusiasm will achieve great things. Doubt not. You will gather friends around you as a hair clasp gathers the hair.
-Book of Changes
There must be some primal force, but it is impossible to locate. I believe it exists, but cannot see it. I
see its results, I can even feel it, but it has no form.
-ZHUANG ZI
The ancients understood that life is only a temporary sojourn in this world and death is a temporary leave. In our short time here we should listen to our own voices and follow our own hearts. Why not be free and live your own life?
-LIEH TZU
To Be Cont
And Others Any of Arts
 sunriseguy5
Msg: 16
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 4/18/2012 6:30:22 PM
"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been."
-- Wayne Gretzky
 Erota
Msg: 17
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 4/18/2012 8:38:29 PM
"An ending is just a new beginning reborn"-me
 POFisWeak
Msg: 18
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 4/19/2012 1:14:20 AM
The internet: Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.
 heathen34
Msg: 19
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 5/3/2012 12:19:10 AM
The community has no bribe that will tempt a wise man. You may raise money enough to tunnel a mountain, but you can not raise money enough to pay for a man who is minding his own business. An efficient and valuable man does what he can whether the community pay him for it or not. The inefficient offer their inefficiency up to the highest bidder, and are forever expecting to be put into office. One would suppose that they were rarely disappointed.
Life Without Principle - Thoreau
 ThorntonReed
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 5/3/2012 2:06:11 PM
I have so many favorite quotes...

"When an inner situation is not made concious it appears outside of you as fate"

Carl Jung

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Thomas Jefferson
 NixTheName
Msg: 21
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 5/3/2012 5:23:10 PM
Some of my favorites:

"Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.” - HH, the Dalai Lama

“We know what we are, but not what we may be.” - William Shakespeare.

"Its a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...Lets go exploring!" - Calvin to Hobbes, in the final panel.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 22
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 5/3/2012 11:41:58 PM
"That's what." - She
 cesska
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 5/14/2013 9:53:41 PM
don't let fear make your decisions
 Erota
Msg: 24
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 10/23/2014 4:02:05 PM
"The less you know, the more you believe"~Bono
 cesska
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 3/27/2015 7:39:02 PM
always have safe sex
 2wools
Msg: 26
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 6/27/2018 6:45:07 PM
Something I always told my children growing up. Love is a verb
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 6/28/2018 12:31:40 PM
The Secret of Life according to Willie Nelson---singer, songwriter, overall cool guy~

"It's simple," Willie said. "Do what you want to do. If I don't want to do it, forget it. But if I do want to do it, get out of my goddam way."

;-)

YUP
 Inicia
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Favorite Quote!
Posted: 1/23/2019 6:58:05 PM
"you do you, i'll do me" IDK not an original of mine- but i have fully embraced it!
Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > Favorite Quote!