Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > eye contact      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
eye contactPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm assuming you mean looking into each others eyes, as opposed to actually touching each others eyeballs.

I personally like to have sex with the woman I am in bed (or car, or woods, or whatever) with, therefore I do look at her while we are together. In fact, being a visually stimulated guy (not unusual I hear), looking at the women, including into her eyes, is usually a great turn on.

It can be a turn off, of course, if I look into her eyes and see some negative emotion displayed there, such as boredom or nausea.

As to the significance of it....there are so many different kinds of people, with different reasons for how they look at someone, I can't say that there is any reliable conclusions you can draw from how someone behaves in bed, though I find that for myself, if I'm with a woman who never looks at me at all, and doesn't appear to be focusing on the fact that I am the one who is with her, that I wont enjoy our time together very much.

You might be able to derive correctly from all this, that I like having sex with the lights ON, at least some of the time!
 TooShadows
Msg: 3
view profile
History
eye contact
Posted: 4/13/2012 7:47:32 AM
I very much prefer to have eye contact during all sexual acts,whenever possible. I like it during oral sex,and my favorite position for intercourse is face to face for the reason.
 hockeyc999
Msg: 5
eye contact
Posted: 4/13/2012 8:03:23 AM
Eye contact is very important no matter what! Nothing is more sexy than a woman with big, beautiful eyes; which can tell you what she is wanting or thinking :)
 gentleplus
Msg: 6
view profile
History
eye contact
Posted: 4/13/2012 8:15:58 AM
Eye contact is a critical component to true intimacy.... it is an important core activity in Tantric intimacy exercises...

Most woman have an innate sense of desiring intimacy that is deeper and more significant than just sex.... for men this is more of a learned behavior..... Tantra is a system that captures and fine tunes these desires for a level of intimacy beyond anything you will ever experience.... get some books on this and study them... and require every potential relationship to share these methods and you will experience joy and true intimacy beyond what you can imagine
 BrockLee74
Msg: 9
eye contact
Posted: 4/13/2012 9:11:45 AM
Well, I kind of have this idea she is aroused and interested before my penis makes an appearance. Eye contact is another form of intimacy that seems most appropriate for such an intimate encounter.
 neck romancer
Msg: 10
view profile
History
eye contact
Posted: 4/13/2012 10:13:29 AM
So, it's more so used as a mechanism to see how the women react to sex, to see if she's interested and it's an arousal type of thing. So, this is used with casual, random sex partners as well, not just with special someone. Very interesting. Thanks!

IMO it should be very easy to tell the difference between someone whos looking at you lovingly,connecting,etc vs someone whos just checking how you are reacting.
 c_deacon
Msg: 12
view profile
History
eye contact
Posted: 4/13/2012 11:57:17 AM
Most men are visually stimulated, and look at what and who they are doing most of the time. Do we like to have eye contact back? I sure do, because that is one way a woman speaks volumes about enjoying me and the act we are having together.

Eye contact is a very important tool for initial meeting, desire, love making, and working ones way deep inside the body, mind and soul of the other.

cd
 Donfra
Msg: 14
view profile
History
eye contact
Posted: 4/13/2012 6:58:16 PM
to me eye contact makes the mood more sexy
 MsMicki
Msg: 15
view profile
History
eye contact
Posted: 4/14/2012 12:12:39 AM
I dated a guy that kept his eyes closed the whole time we had sex.......drove me frikken nuts!!
It felt like I was just "a body"......and not someone he truly wanted.....if that makes any sense to ya......
 Lionesse19
Msg: 16
eye contact
Posted: 4/14/2012 4:24:16 AM
If one or both have their eyes closed they may be having sex with some other hottie in their minds. I feel that eye contact is very sexy and shows they are really there with you.
 HappyRocker
Msg: 20
view profile
History
eye contact
Posted: 4/15/2012 12:28:59 AM

Posted By: carameliprincess on 4/13/2012 1214 PM

This question is aimed towards men, preferably; but, men, how do you feel about eye contact during sex, especially if it's used a majority of the time. Do you initiate eye contact with all females you sleep with? Significance of it?

If she is conservative I'm usually looking into her ear and thinking about converting the natives.

If she's a little bit wild I may be looking at the back of her head and singing Warren Zevon's Werewolves of London.
 milehiguy12
Msg: 23
view profile
History
eye contact
Posted: 8/1/2012 8:46:02 PM
Definitely creates a feeling of intimacy and connection but not for every time. Like making eye contact with a woman in a mirror having sex.
 Padawan61
Msg: 24
view profile
History
eye contact
Posted: 8/1/2012 9:07:26 PM
This question is aimed towards men, preferably; but, men, how do you feel about eye contact during sex, especially if it's used a majority of the time. Do you initiate eye contact with all females you sleep with? Significance of it?

I'd say it's a staring contest. Whoever blinks first must clean up the post-coital mess.
 OutMind
Msg: 26
eye contact
Posted: 8/2/2012 10:22:27 AM

I personally like to have sex with the woman I am in bed

Dude, this just sounds so funny. I am glad you do. As a matter of fact, I do as well. I love having eye contact.
 milehiguy12
Msg: 27
view profile
History
eye contact
Posted: 8/2/2012 1:10:08 PM

From a female perspective, it definitely freaks me out if a man is staring too intently without me knowing his feelings for me. If we are long-term partners -- this makes sense; if a FWB was looking into my eyes, I'd be creeped out. It'd make me think there was more to it than that.

I agree. Eye contact at the moment of climax is a shared intimacy that is best left to close partners. FWB usually know of intimacy how close the relationship is and can make the friendship closer. A FB or one night stand is all about the pleasure and not the emotional intimacy that comes with eye contact. A lot of people believe that sex in and of itself is the height of intimacy when there are many things that increase it.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 28
view profile
History
eye contact
Posted: 8/2/2012 2:47:39 PM
Hummm, I'll have to give this a try....I just don't know how she will feel about me waking her up.
 MrPatient1101
Msg: 29
view profile
History
eye contact
Posted: 8/3/2012 4:32:43 AM
I am very big on eye contact, especially during sex. Love it!
 Ladybug28539
Msg: 30
eye contact
Posted: 8/3/2012 9:52:58 AM
I know this was geared towards the men, but I justed wanted to add that I dated a guy that refused to make eye contact because he said the moment he made eye contact it would be over due to too much stimulation.
 Mr_Nonchalance
Msg: 31
view profile
History
eye contact
Posted: 8/3/2012 4:43:02 PM
if its a hookup or a fwb i never make eye contact,something about looking into a person eyes during sex is sacred to me like your connected as one at that moment and i dont do that with every girl if im not attached.ill stare at boobs,ass,watching me going in and out but never eyes.if its a girlfriend and in love then its the best thing in the world cuz it more like making love not just sex.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > eye contact