Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Heart not in HOF? WTF??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wrandy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Heart not in HOF? WTF??Page 1 of 1    
Is anyone else pissed that Heart was passed over for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?

They've recorded since 1975 and I have 17 of their CDs. The only band that I've collected more is the Stones. They are still recording, who else has been around for almost 40 years?

Ann Wilson's voice is one of the best ever in Rock. She's got to be in the top 5 of anyone's list and the only woman that I like better is Linda Ronstadt in the '70s.
Nancy Wilson is truly a great guitarist. She can play anything effortlessly.

They've written many really great songs and are versatile; like Led Zeppelin they can easily switch from the hardest rock to an acoustic ballad. I also believe that they do the best Led Zep covers that I've heard.

Selection to the HOF doesn't seem to follow any rules. It can't be based on popularity, or longevity, or number of hits or even the quality of the music. No one seems to know how the judges make their selections.

Am I the only one who thinks that Heart deserves to be inducted?
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 2
Heart Inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2013
Posted: 10/24/2015 5:26:12 AM
In the year following the creation of this thread back in April of 2012, Heart was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Here is a video of Heart performing "Crazy On You" live on The Midnight Special in 1977.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V44HiAX91Hs
 steveinct
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2016 1:24:55 PM
I still haven't figured out what the criteria is for r&r HOF.
Moody blues are not in
jethro tull
yes
boston
stepenwolf.
and many more.. are not in and should be.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2016 12:22:38 PM
The criteria is basically if the RNR HOF committee likes you or not regardless of accomplishments.

Rush is only in their because newer members of the committee insisted they get it. The old guard would never have even remotely considered them.

Yet, we have Madonna and Green Day in the HOF. Go figure.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2016 2:47:33 PM
This seems to be complaining that some people's faves aren't in. Not really based on anything more than, "I like these guys, but not those guys."

I was an early Heart fan back when they were a Vancouver band recording at Mushroom Studios. They're in, but it wouldn't be at travesty if they weren't. I think the criteria should be a band or artist that made a significant contribution to changing the direction of music. Heart didn't really do that. Nor did Boston, Jethro Tull, Yes or any of those others listed.

Madonna did. Most of what is released now is music made by women. Madonna is largely responsible for that. When Green Day broke they were the first self proclaimed Punk band to have commercial success. Purists will argue they aren't punk, but even The Clash denied the label when they released London Calling. Green Day got people to accept punk and listen to it. I would set the bar higher if I was in charge, but Green Day has made a more significant contribution to music's direction than Heart. Or most of the other artists in the Hall.
 JS3344
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2016 5:41:05 PM
^^^ well if that is their criteria, that would explain why they inducted N.W.A.......but, just like the n.b.a. hall of fame, it seems to be a collection of great bands, and Heart absolutely deserves to be included in that group. If it were all about "game changers" they would only have about 20 bands inducted. I can debunk your theory by saying the real game changers were the Ramones who started punk, just because Green day made punk commercially viable, doesn't mean shit. Finally, to say that Boston, Jethro Tull, and Yes had no effect on music is laughable....
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2016 6:27:17 PM
As I said, I would personally set the bar higher. But if the criteria is for significance, then I think it's clear that Green Day is more significant than the acts left out. Or than most of those that got in. By my reckoning, The Velvet Underground should have been one of the first bands inducted. Rufus and Carla Thomas would be in.

But I should be in charge of lots of things if they just listened to me.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2016 5:03:42 PM
What is the definition of "Rock and Roll"?
If you can answer that then you can determine who should be in and who should be out.
As for "Punk" it certainly did not start with the Ramones.
10 years earlier the Peruvian band Los Saicos had a hit with "DemoliciĆ³n".
Was this the first punk song?
If so shouldn't they be in?
Or how about- The Fugs, the MC5 and The Stooges all punk before leather and safety pins.

My picks to go in next... The Moody Blues, Doobie Brothers (original lineup without Michael McDonald), Jethro Tull, The Cure and the biggest omission The Guess Who.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Heart not in HOF? WTF??