Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > You are Hot!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HeartOn64
Msg: 2
You are Hot!!!Page 1 of 43    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
You're insulted because they think you're sexy and stop contacting them?

Wow....that's uptight if you ask me.

I'd take it as a compliment..........and all the more so if I am attracted to them.

Do you continue contact with men who don't find you attractive or just with
the one's who don't compliment you or use what you consider 'acceptable" wording and timing.

Guys, I have a problem here.

Yep....you do.You are acting as though thier compliment is beneath you and that's just silly.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 3
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 3:01:17 AM
personally, i dont think you're all that...so be lucky you're getting those compliments...and its 'deal-breakers'..not break dealers'..lol
 JSNC7
Msg: 4
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 3:16:13 AM
When someone gives you a complement, say THANK YOU. If that's how they mean it, then you should too.

If their complement continues into crossing the line, then you SHOULD be offended.

And please don't break any Dealers : )
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 5
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 3:21:51 AM
Why would an attempt at flattery be a deal breaker? Ill admit your hot sounds more awkward to me (and always makes me want to make temperature jokes, sometimes my lack of filter lets them slip out) but a deal breaker? Hell no, they are trying to complement you.
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 3:31:16 AM
If you are uncomfortable..move on.

Men do not know what you want to hear..So I suggest that you wear a T shirt that states it.

" Stop telling me I'm hot"

They will.

I rather hear I am hot than I have a rocking body, which leaves the rest of me out and lacking it seems. BOO HOO

You are pretty Op..But come on..You really need to ask or just want to toot a bit?
 cooldog65
Msg: 7
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 3:35:34 AM
And your compliant is...the attention you're seeking is...
 JSNC7
Msg: 8
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 3:40:23 AM
" And your compliant is...the attention you're seeking is... "

It takes someone insightful to catch that.

Reminds me of a Marxist Statement, which was, to the effect that he would not belong to any Club that would have him as a Member.

Marx also stated, " A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. "

I refer not to Karl, but rather GROUCHO! lol

"Women should be obscene and not heard. " Groucho Marx

I think that they should be obscene, AND heard, when appropriate : )
 ecochick1962
Msg: 9
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 3:57:51 AM
I get this quite often, and while I don't find it insulting.....I wonder what sort of reaction they expect, because, I'm NOT all that. Seriously....do guys think all they have to do is throw out a cheesy compliment and have a woman fall all over them?
 lovelyladyonsite
Msg: 10
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 3:57:51 AM
Your post implies you were having a running conversation with him and you say after a while he said that. What's wrong with that? His way of saying I think your pretty, attractive whatever. It' called a compliment and usually the receiving party of that compliment says Thank You. It would be different if that was the first thing out of his mouth and only thing. If you feel your "hotness" is the ONLY thing he is interested in then that is your deal-breaker not the compliment he paid you.
 flaneur001
Msg: 11
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 4:02:58 AM
JSNC7 -this quote was in the Annie Hall movie -

"usually attributed to Groucho Marx; but, I think it appears originally in Freud's "Wit and Its Relation to the Unconscious," and it goes like this - I'm paraphrasing - um, "I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member."
 JSNC7
Msg: 12
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 4:06:04 AM
" I get this quite often, and while I don't find it insulting.....I wonder what sort of reaction they expect, because, I'm NOT all that."

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hot or not.

" If it gets laughs, it's funny" George Burns

If it appears to be a sincere complement, say THANK YOU.

If they cross the line, have at them, but respectfully.

Just because they may have crossed the line, if you want respect, don't deny them their's.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 13
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 4:16:01 AM
Sounds to me, that you have come through direct experience, to associate that phrase (or something like it) with a guy who is so focused on your physical attributes, that he entirely forgets about you as a person. Not wanting to be used as a sexual object alone for the umpteenth time, you drop every guy who uses the phrase.

Makes sense to me, more or less, but I would suggest that you alter your response just a little. That many guys who are "after just one thing" will indeed blurt out words like that, it is also true that some of us who are normally more perspicacious and/or verbose, might yet succumb occasionally to the banal.

I assume that you do actually want to find someone who is attracted to you physically, as well as in other ways. Therefore cutting them off after a single instance of their exclaiming about their positive response to your appearance, might cause you to reject a large number of people who you would actually like, if you got to know them.

But maybe you have an overall issue with yourself here, too. I have known a number of women over the years, who never resolved the conflict within themselves between wanting to be found sexually attractive, and being appreciated as a person. For them, it didn't matter who and what or how genuinely nice the guy was, as soon as he was interested in her physically, they panicked and ran away. Perhaps they were convinced on some level that sex always causes emotional blindness, and so therefore anyone who was sexually attracted to them, was no longer capable of dealing with them as people. It caused them to either remain alone, or to have a series of flings, and never develop a long term relationship.

Minor suggestion: when a guy does blurt out "You are HOT!" at an early meeting, respond by saying (accurately) "No, you are feeling hot, and blaming it on me. I am still just beginning to try to get to know you." This sort of answer might give a guy who is capable of calming down and being a gentleman, the opportunity to do so. If the guy wont get off of that "you are sooooo hot" routine after, though, you can feel quite comfortable discarding him, for having proved that he is indeed just a slavering horn-dog.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 14
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 4:16:23 AM
Since you find it very insulting and you stop contacting them.. tell me, exactly where is the "problem"?
You are merely acting on one of your deal breakers.
What's the big deal?
You've already made up your mind it's a deal breaker. I mean heck, "very insulting" is pretty strong!
So why ask us if we think it is?

(got a real giggle out of the 'break dealer'..hahaha!.. so thanks for that, anyway)
 HeartOn64
Msg: 15
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 4:23:47 AM
Just because a man finds you attractive,doesn't mean all he wants from you is sex.

But if being considered for sex is insulting and a deal breaker for you,I think the men you
stop contact with are the one's who are better off.

personally, i dont think you're all that...so be lucky you're getting those compliments.

It had to be said,but I wasn't going to say it!

I'm sure if you found the guys "HOT" who were saying that to you,it wouldn't be as "insulting" to you....am I wrong?
 JSNC7
Msg: 16
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 4:24:32 AM
"... the over 55 crowd.... to them "hot" is what a stove gets"

I won't speak for you, but for SOME of us who are over 55, HOT is what someone else makes us feel on the inside. And isn't it wonderful that so many of us can still feel that way, at this age ?
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 17
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 4:26:21 AM
O P - ur a woman who canNOT take compliment...

what's the problem ?
 HeartOn64
Msg: 18
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 4:28:08 AM
^^^^^The looks of the men giving her compliments or what it insinuates to her.
 JSNC7
Msg: 22
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 4:55:04 AM
"not once since i have been on here have i messaged a guy with "wow youre hot x". no, just no. "

My experience has been that most women will not do that, until they know me well. Then they will be more open and comment on my butt, and more personal things like that. Most women won't ask a man questions like... how big is your Richard, until they get to know him MUCH better. I wouldn't be comfortable if a woman asked me that, right up front. I would think that it was not a woman asking me that question.

The keyword is when something is appropriate for both, and how the receiver takes it; and are both sender and receiver of the same healthy mind set ?

A sincere complement is a complement, when it is meant that way.. unless the receiver makes it into something that it was not meant to be. And it's okay to agree to disagree.

To the OP, you're HOT is not comfy. To me, a woman like the OP, needs to relax. Again, if it's offensive, call them on it. Respectfully.
 JSNC7
Msg: 25
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 5:00:50 AM
" Thank you for your opinion. Most of them will say, I would like to meet you "because you are hot" , that's where I start to back off."

To me, that would be similar to a woman saying that she wants to meet me because of the size of my..... wallet "

There's a lot more to someone than their looks, or their income. A comment like U just made, says that they want to meet you BECAUSE of those external qualities, and they are being shallow. Or maybe they ARE shallow, and being sincere about it.
There's a differerence in the meanings of the 2 ways that you gave the quote that you find offensive.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 27
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 5:08:38 AM

if it is just "your hot" you find offensive then date the over 55 crowd.... to them "hot" is what a stove gets...

Hey - I almost resemble that remark! (in 2 more years) LOL
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 28
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 5:10:10 AM
I am surprised that many of the seasoned ladies in this thread can't accept that most men are visual creatures. Furthermore, since many men are not known to articulate what they are feeling efficiently you should accept a compliment at face value without any hidden agenda, unless it comes off as cheesy or inappropriately.

Hot woman = attractive = stunner = eye catching beauty = a rare gem = a shining star = the lone flower at the foot of the mountain, etc.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 29
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 5:11:45 AM
Oh my! Someone said you were hot. Oh, the horror!!

Don't worry, it WILL one day stop, and the torment will finally be over!

You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you walk that tough road to peace of mind.
 JSNC7
Msg: 30
view profile
History
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 5:18:49 AM
" Oh my! Someone said you were hot. Oh, the horror!!

Don't worry, it WILL one day stop, and the torment will finally be over!

You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you walk that tough road to peace of mind"

Well said!

And so many women DRESS, use spackle, and war paint on their faces, as well as use things similar to a WONDER BRA, to attract the attention, and desires of men. In other words, to make men think to themselves, YOU'RE HOT. And after all of that effort, some women don't like to hear it, when it's verbalized, and meant with respect.

I like your screen name. Please, no offense meant..I've never thought about this before, but the pig of my dreams is BACON lol
 DrummingNut
Msg: 31
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 5:55:23 AM
*sigh*

The original post stated
If someone you started to chat/text whatever, and after a while before you meet them they will say You Are Hot

Okay.. that's just a conversation with 'after a while' a compliment thrown in that could be taken in various ways.
Might even BE just a compliment!

But now OP changed it and it is stated as them saying
I would like to meet you because you are hot

It should have been stated that way in the opening post if that is what is said to her.

Geeze... yet another "let me change my opening post a bit" going on here.

The first quote and possible meanings is not the same thing as the 2nd quote and pretty clear meaning.
 friendlygirl63
Msg: 32
You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/19/2012 5:57:47 AM

i agree with you. when a guy says "you are hot" it usually means "i want to have sex with you asap"
o,

YES!!..I agree with Nat.J
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > You are Hot!!!