Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > THE WHO      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 4
view profile
History
THE WHOPage 1 of 1    
I saw the who's next tour with keith moon. Its funny, that many of their early hits, would make you think they were a wimpy pop band, not a violent explosive live act. Plus one on live at leeds, that and their performance at woodstock made me want to play guitar, big time.
favorites;
pictures of lilly
I can see for miles
see me feel me
tommy overture
kids are allright
substitute
 Hereisnowhy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
THE WHO
Posted: 5/26/2012 1:22:03 AM
I kind of like old Who more than the newer Who. Mainly, when they were mods, but don't get me wrong, without Tommy, they would have broken up after the who sold out. (Because they were a bit more punk before that was a style of music the public was ready for. They did experiment in psychedelic rock before moving onto more concept rock albums, but I think they all lost the passion they once had in the 70's. I don't know why they kept going after Moon died, because it just wasn't the same anymore.

My favorite album is "Who sellout", because they try all sorts of material in it, but most of the songs are masterpieces. (I don't care for Rael for some reason, a bit too long maybe).
 Trevork52
Msg: 7
view profile
History
THE WHO
Posted: 5/29/2012 6:07:48 AM
I've yet to hear a better live album by any band than "Live At Leeds". Admittedly biased as I was actually there for that one. They returned about a year later and opened with the imortal words "We've come to pay our royalties"!

After Keith Moon's demise they seemed very "run of the mill" live wise. I'm afraid I didn't rate Kenny Jones at all as a drummer.

Then I saw them at Sheffield with Zak Starkey and they were on fire! Granted, Starkey is not Keith Moon but he did inject a lot more life into the sound with his "Moonesque" fills and Thunderfingers Entwhistle was awesome. It seemed apt to read that Keith Moon actually gave Zak his famous white drum kit.

Trevor
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > THE WHO