Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Thank you, POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pete2205
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Thank you, POFPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Wow What a great post!!!

Good onya Tux !! When you read through the forums and come across so many posts from people that are on the point of giving up or have had unhappy experiences its wonderful to come across a post like yours.

I wish you and your new girlfriend every happiness and really hope she is the one for you. It would be great to keep the thread open and perhaps get the odd update. Its certainly a boost for others on here all who, I am sure, wish you all the best too
 Frogy27
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Thank you, POF
Posted: 4/23/2012 11:33:44 AM
It wont last kind of funny you hooked up so fAst on here thats a joke
 Pete2205
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Thank you, POF
Posted: 4/23/2012 11:59:56 AM
Tux he wasnt even worth a response

My daughter just rated his profile and pic so low he would get the bends coming back up to the surface
 DevotedExplorer
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Thank you, POF
Posted: 4/23/2012 1:51:59 PM
congrats :) its nice to see someone happy and not the usual moaning people, it always best to see the positve spins on life, as they say good things come to those who wait, so stop moaning and wait people. Congrats again
 Pingshooter
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Thank you, POF
Posted: 4/24/2012 4:09:26 AM
Congratulations OP.
Hope it works out for you.
 roby171
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Thank you, POF
Posted: 4/24/2012 9:59:53 AM
Congrats! Feels good doesn't it! I have also found someone and have never been happier.

I have been really shocked at all the nasty emails I have received on here since I updated my profile to say that I have found some one and I am only here for the forums.

If they bother to even read my first sentence they have said things like "Hope he cheats on you" Or "It's BULL**** that you can find love on a dating sit" Etc. I can understand a few, but I mean it's everyday!

Mean people SUCK!
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Thank you, POF
Posted: 4/25/2012 8:12:32 PM
love it.... best wishes to you both... and who cares if it is just a few months for the naysayers..... happiness is happiness.... whether it be for months or years.... just be thankful and enjoy it....
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Thank you, POF
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:30:15 PM
Congratulations Tux. I really hope it works out for you and your lady. We hear so many sob stories, so many tales of disappointment and woe on here that it's just so nice to read a happy story. Even if she doesn't turn out to be your forever one and only, at the very worst you've had several months of enjoyment and good company, but I really do hope she does turn out to be the one.
Don't let the negative Neds and Nancys bother you, they're just bitter because they haven't been able to find happiness and if they can't find it then they dont want anyone else to have it either. Of course they never seem to make the connection that this attitude is one of the reasons they can't find anyone to be happy with, which makes them more bitter which makes more people avoid them..etc etc on through infinity, so they wind up in an endless loop of their own making. They're to be pitied really.

But you Tux, you done good! :-)
Anyway, keep us up to date and let us know every once in a while how its going.
 jojoaus
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Thank you, POF
Posted: 4/26/2012 3:10:28 AM
Congrats Tux :D I am 2 years in with my fish and very happy... Like someone said, the upfront costs here are definitely worth the return!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Thank you, POF