Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > How are you finding this site for dates?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 3
view profile
History
How are you finding this site for dates?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
^^^^^ i have to agree. since moving its been very poor.
 Mister Sean
Msg: 6
view profile
History
How are you finding this site for dates?
Posted: 4/27/2012 10:12:16 AM
Absolutely terrible, 2 dates in 5 months (nice ladies, but not for me) and I'm not exactly bad to look at or talk to. Been on and off here since 2010. Had a few dates, made a few friends, but the vast majority (not all) of women seem to be on here for an ego boost only. Don't get me wrong, maybe the majority of guys are too, I don't know! Some may send a message and no matter how good your reply is, leaving the door open for conversation, you won't get a reply.

I've experimented plenty of times on here; sent out 30 original mails to different women without a single reply. I always have to wait for a lady to message first.

In my experience, if you're looking for someone nice who will date, avoid;
"Looking for a genuine lad/gal"
"Willing to lie about how we met"
"Don't take myself too seriously"
"Michael Buble just hasn't met me yet"

And ladies; if looking for a good guy & a relationship, state so rather than "wants to date but nothing serious".
 skelligrock
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2012 5:03:58 AM
too generic....supermarket shopping.....majority of Ir. men my age are crumpled, pudgy, nondescript and that's only talking about their bio/profiles. .....
 Goosey68
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/18/2012 10:15:30 PM
Trust me ...it's not just back home in the auld sod that this shite is happening. I'm in the US and it's the same crap. Granted I am a fuggly **** but hey I have an Irish accent :P

But yes ...getting a lot of no responses ...but I have been out with a couple of ladies from the site.
 DUBGAL31
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2012 10:14:00 AM
Yes that would be cool :)
 conormorgan
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2012 8:55:47 AM
i dont think this site works atall,i sometmes wonder do the messages get sent to the indiviauals atall,ive been on this 2 months and have only gotten around 10 replys
 copperhaze
Msg: 51
dates?
Posted: 12/21/2012 10:42:14 PM
Then I guess an Irishamerican girl is out of the question. I want a good ole Irish man....:( ♡
 copperhaze
Msg: 52
dates?
Posted: 12/21/2012 10:45:27 PM
Then I guess an Irishamerican girl is out of the question. I want a good ole Irish man...long term...america is no different...:( ♡
 Luthion
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2013 12:58:43 PM
Managed to get a few dates out of the site. Must be the good looks. (lol)

Okay, seriously. Sometimes I got a half dozen messages a week. Other times... nothing for a month. Sometimes I message people, sometimes they message me. Often times, I get no replies. Sometimes, I strike gold.

Like I said in a previous thread, I think people underestimate the importance of common interests. Check out people who actually bother to put some effort into their profile, and respond to people who actually put in the effort when they contat you.

It's much harder to catch the fish without the correct bait, right?
 abhail
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 6:44:24 AM
if it wasnt for pickpockets id have no sex life at all..!!!
 PhotoGurl
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/29/2013 12:40:43 PM
There are women on here that already have kids and don't want more..lol
 BurbonOnDaRocks
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2013 7:04:26 AM
I have never had any problems dating on this site or making friends. I am not an alpha male, not tall or the hottest guy on the site.

The problem with Irish guys is frankly most of you are perverts, you don't treat women with respect, you have almost zero female friends so have no idea how to talk to women. This is the simple truth, my friends all tell me the same thing time and again that every single guy they meet on here is the same.

So what sets me apart:
I have respect for women but I also have balls,I can have a laugh,I can make a woman laugh, get mad at me, get butterfly's in her stomach and really feel emotion. I am picky,not interested in casual sex,I believe in romance, masculinity and the beauty of femininity.

Sure some women have high expectations but all expect effort.
 MissElection
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2013 4:51:38 AM
so the moral of the story is im going to end up a 50 year spinster with a 100 hundred cats around me..... just because i didnt say "hi" ha ha ha now i know the tables are going to turn..... jokes any way on a serious note.... i am getting bored of here, was considering paying for an account but i dont think i should now if the standards are not much better..... whats a girl to do when there is a recession on and all the decent one have either gone away, gotten married or are gay....... all i want is a funny one :) please :p
 MissElection
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 6:30:59 AM
i think maybe what shes trying to say.... and im going to dress it up a little is...... that some profiles have absolutely nothing on them whats so ever..... and when a profile messages you saying the same generic thing like hi how are you lol
hi sexy..... etc etc and you have a look at the corresponding profile and there is nothing on it, it just makes starting a conversation that little bit harder and therfore not much interest to messaging them... the only way i can put it is...... we are all little stories..... so why dont we use our profile as our description..... when buying a book... we look at the description... if it takes our fancy we want to read the book more.... so maybe treat pof like that.... might have someone who wants to read your book ;) this answer maybe a little out there for some people but take what ya like and leave the rest :)
 DUBGAL31
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 8:27:09 AM
I agree Miss Election! :)
 cheeky_Irish
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 11:08:21 AM
If all the lads complaining in this thread were smart and used a bit of positivity to a site like POF. I would look at it this way. We are always going to be in the majority on a site like here. Just accept that!!! Also because there are a lot of time wasters and lazy guys on here who put in no effort in their profile and who send the same mails, if you do get a date then you must have either surprised a girl on here or put in a lot of effort to get there so half the battle is already done as you are on the right side of the girl. Take that as a positive lads!!!! I joined here before christmas and only now have started coming on regularly and putting in the effort. Its like anything in life, you have to put in the effort to get the results. Oh yeah and be nice. Nobody likes a tool.
 DUBGAL31
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2013 10:33:08 AM
Yes I agree ! :) you have to have a good attitude ,
 sweetman42
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/4/2013 4:27:38 AM
been on here 3 years i dont think its doing very well i search everyday and find alot of girls that i like a message them pity they dont reply i wonder why?
1: profile fake?
2:dont like photo?
3:To far?
4:not hansome enough :)
5:age?

i just dont know why they on pof for a date etc are they just messing about?
If anyone has a opinon care to share ?
Thanks.
 DGman30
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2013 3:11:12 PM
i think it is shite , there is a lot of shallow women on this site. That block u for no reason, after only talking to them once or for wks & then just block u for no reason.
 DUBGAL31
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2013 5:24:15 AM
I agree daenerys Bar! :)
 DGman30
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2013 9:27:04 AM
I agree as well but its mostly the feckers thats send abusive &other stupid like msgs. that has the rest of the men screwed,the Genuine guys then lose out, even if we do what u are saying .
 sweetman42
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/12/2013 4:05:23 AM

i agree Tar im here long time and nothing good about this site and yes i dont understand why they put up "Are they any decent men on this" isnt working for them as i have mailed them and nothing i say they are wasting time here.As for my profile i dont know what im doing wrong and im camera shy.
Your profile is great how is that going for yourself?
 Luthion
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2013 4:38:19 AM
The "genuine guys" are not "losing out" because of ***holes.

Contrary to popular belief, women do not like abusively obnoxious jerks that treat them like crap. They like men with backbone, capable of treating them as equals, but still able to talk for themselves. If they want someone to unconditionally pine after them, they'll have children. Women can smell misogyny a mile off.

In the last year on here I've managed to net myself 4 dates... and more importantly, 4 new friends. One woman a few years ago I ended up dating for nearly three years. I'm one or the most genuine and honest people you'll ever meet. I'm not much of a looker either, so it definitely isn't my looks doing it.

I think a lot or people just message whoever they can find, and hope that being nice will be enough to build a connection. It isn't. You need to find someone that shares common interests with you. You need to ask them about those common interests. If they're interested, they'll reciprocate the feelings.

Just glancing through half these profiles, most of you say barely anything about who you are or what kind of person you want to meet.

If you don't even know what you're looking for, how can you find it?
 DGman30
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 1:17:59 PM

It seems that the general view is the site is nothing but a waste of time . Catfish comes to mind . I've been on and off and read a lot of what has been written about so called people who meet and fall in love and get married , thats like vodafone telling you that you have free txts for a month , you'll use them until they run out . It's sad because all the idiots on here pretending to be some they are quiet clearly not ruin it for those who are genuine . Looks like the online world is no different to the so called real world .

Yes ur def right there. Loads of people pretending they are single & looking for someone when they are actually not & only messing & totally different from their profile.
 MissElection
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2013 4:39:12 PM
just after coming from a date..... date 3 never kissed.... dates one and two got kissed on cheek but date 3 nothing.... just awkwardly walked away from me... saying yeah that was fun..... ill text you during week.......

left feeling like a complete eejit.... he prob feels the same on some level.......

i just hate this feeling of awkwardness..... and want to know why was it weird!?

can i ask him..... or is it best to leave it be?!

im confused by dating........
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > How are you finding this site for dates?