Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Long Distance Relationships      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 5
Long Distance RelationshipsPage 1 of 1    
I'd embrace it since you really don't have any choice. She's placing her trust in you as much as you in her. Trust is something better learned now rather than later.

I dated a school teacher for a couple of years. During the summer she would chaperone trips to far away places for almost 3 months. She was doing that long before I met her. It was a great opportunity for her and I had no reson not to trust her. So I did just that.

The results were that we didn't make it as a couple, but it had little to do with those trips. During the last trip we both had some time to reflect and when she returned it was the beginning of the end.
 tensail
Msg: 8
Long Distance Relationships
Posted: 4/27/2012 2:39:11 AM
i9f a partner chooses to go away- thats a sign v rels in trouble.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Long Distance Relationships
Posted: 4/27/2012 4:01:20 AM
It's not the time or the distance, it's the people that matter.

I've had those who remained committed over months, and those who didn't make it through the weekend before deciding that "love the one you're with" was a lousy song, but a fun way to live.

You are only 22, I assume she is the same. At that age, promises about the vastness of the future are usually more wishful thinking and fairy tale myth than anything else. Take a deep breath, remain calm, and make a wish.

Then be sure to behave yourself while she's gone, just in case she does too, and expects to find a true fellow waiting for her at home.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Long Distance Relationships