Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Snogging on a first date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Snogging on a first datePage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Sorry can't help it but the word 'snogging' makes me think of kids and playgrounds. Guess it's just one of those words I don't get along with.
 jaqi
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 4/24/2012 1:44:59 PM

Absolutely no problem snogging the face of someone I fancy on a first date - after a few drinks of course

ditto ...

~hmmm I don't drink so what can I apportion the blame to? ermmm ... nothing I guess ...just a brazen hussy~
 jaqi
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 4/24/2012 2:08:50 PM
Awwww you poor thing Waynie ~ decaying teeth, ashtrays, people who can't kiss properly ~ are you talking from experience ? ;-)
 jaqi
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 4/25/2012 3:06:21 AM

Alas, I'm afraid so. 'tis such a deflating experience when the kiss does not match the packaging.

You are sooo right .. I have had a few very attractive dates that have ended in a disappointing kiss :(

Nothing quite like talking with someone and just watching their lips, totally oblivious to what is actually being said, lost in the thought~god I want to kiss that mouth~ then standing by the car, lost in that kiss, way passed everyone leaving the pub carpark...... dreaming again!
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 4/25/2012 5:44:40 AM
As the potential is there at the first date stage for other first dates to be a distinct possibility then if i had a choice of who to take to second date territory then i would go for the one i kissed or more on the first date. Why would i waste a date on someone that gives me reason to doubt they like me against someone that has confirmed they like me?

If there was any reason not to allow social expectation get in the way of getting what you want then this is it.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:25:26 AM
I think there are normally signs during the evening if it's going to end with kissing. If you start holding hands and then realise you are walking along with arms round each other's waists you are halfway there. When you stop, you are already in the kissing zone and it just seems to come naturally. I also find myself looking at someone's lips and wondering what it would be like to kiss them.

Even a light kiss (outside a cafe in daylight I'm not going to be getting all hot and heavy) is all you need to know if the person is really kissable and if I don't like the way someone kisses that's a real passion killer. I hate sloppy, wet kissers where you have to try and discreetly wipe your mouth afterwards.

I'd say if you want to kiss someone and have not had any adverse signals - like him/her keeping their distance, then just go for it. No point in a second date if you can't stand the way they kiss.
 *rem*
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 4/25/2012 1:23:25 PM
I've never been on a date where I didn't kiss her. I don't go on lots of dates but I make sure i know the person pretty well before I do, so by that time you know its on!

Welcome C.F :)
 jaqi
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 4/25/2012 1:42:58 PM

Oh you have put some cheeky thoughts in my mind you have lady!

cheeky thoughts???

cheeky boy!!!

cheeky lady ;0
 tenpastseven
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 4/26/2012 11:23:34 AM
When I did attempt to use this site for dating, I was never stood up so count myself lucky on that score. Never met anyone I wanted to snog though, first date or otherwise! I wouldn't have objected to the notion if the attraction was there, mind you.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:00:06 PM
I remember one guy I was chatting to, asked to meet me. He seemed quite nice so I said I would meet him for a drink and he came back with 'drinks and kisses'. I said was not going to agree to kiss someone I had not even met and didn't even know if we would get on. He just couldn't get that at all.

I don't think he was fussed about whether we got on or not so long as he got a bunch of kisses at the end. Finally I told him to take a hike. I hate when men try to pressure me like that.
 BobHaro
Msg: 33
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:03:51 PM
Yep...I'll go for the snog...

The worst thing that has ever happened is that the odd one or two were rubbish at kissing and you think like WTF!!!

Bob.
 Jo van
Msg: 36
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 4/27/2012 10:23:46 AM

"Fancy me now" she said.
Carry on........ you can't stop there!

Was that an order..>?

Or did you just forget the "?"
 stonecastle
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 4/29/2012 7:00:45 AM
By the way most men like women who snog other women. So if you snog another woman in front of the man you are on a date with, you will almost certainly get a second date.
 ducat1
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 4/29/2012 7:44:04 AM
It can be a bit magical if you're on a first date and that small peck on the cheek becomes a soft kiss on the lips then an exciting, tantillising and thrilling snog ........ but I'm just an old romantic lol :)
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 9/5/2013 2:26:00 PM
I agree with the lady who says a little peck at the end of the night.

That is what I prefer, yes I may be breathless as heck but I have got to a point where I don't just want to jump into sex or even heavy petting! (apart from in the Rocky Horror Show, does anyone still say heavy petting?).

I wonder if anyone thinks the attitude changes with age?
 GeordieColin
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 9/5/2013 3:55:35 PM
I have met,flirted,snogged, been given a promise for the end of the evening, fallen out before finding a b&b and left staring out of the train window on my way home alone wondering what the feck happened.
( I suspect she googled my forum posts when I went to the bog )
 Lorri55
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 9/5/2013 3:59:33 PM
Go for it if it feels right for you...possibly too short but if it is intense then so be it ;-)
Still too short? Well give it another go and enjoy, that's the main thing xx
 mrec2370
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Snogging on a first date
Posted: 9/9/2013 4:37:21 AM
i always carry cling film for this purpose as some females do not clean teeth,or has halitosis that would make a dragon blush.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Snogging on a first date