Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Chat Not Working      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stalking_your_mom
Msg: 11
Chat Not WorkingPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
www.java.com you need java support and while you are at it install www.adobe.com flash support so you can view places like www.youtube.com
 angeliiiisone
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Chat Not Working
Posted: 6/1/2012 12:45:47 PM
I don't think it is rude to chat. I have to agree that I don't think it is working as I have tried to contact guys. Now maybe a woman will not respond to a guy chat but you have a very hard time convinencing me that a guy is not going to respond to a woman chat. They all time out. I have yet to get a hit soooo maybe some guys are shy but certainly not all are shy. I don't think chat works properly and is a waste of time.
 ScorpioTroy
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Chat Not Working
Posted: 6/2/2012 8:11:56 AM
I too just tried chatting with a friend I saw online- just as a test...mine didn't work either....We were texting at the time, so I know she didn't "Decline", as so many people on here seem to believe is the problem....I too believe the problem is with Chat itself, not my PC or RAM...not taking sides, just sayin'....
 NakedChicagoChef
Msg: 20
Chat Not Working
Posted: 6/8/2012 11:31:50 AM
Hi,

I trying to use the chat. I was trying it all day now and still keep getting connection faild keeps coming up after a few minutes.

what is wrong with chat today.

can anyone help.

Nakedchicagochef
 ScorpioTroy
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Chat Not Working
Posted: 6/10/2012 6:53:35 PM
shits still not working- I. too got tired of the myriad of excuses and tried not 1, but 3 tests with someone I knew was online AND willing to chat with me...we were texting at the time...3 times, "Connection failed'- Now, am I still supposed to believe that problem is within ALL OUR PC's and not the chat itself? I think not...quit with the excuses and fix the problem... or at least admit that a problem exists and quit hiding behind bs excuses...
 nerdydragon
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Chat Not Working
Posted: 6/11/2012 9:11:00 AM
I get chat request timed out and also bad connection errors from the chat program often enough. It sucks.
 1019nrd
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Chat Not Working
Posted: 6/12/2012 8:17:14 AM
CHAT NOT WORKING GET IN AND THEN KNOCK OUT I WOULD LIKE TO USE SOMETIME
 1019nrd
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Chat Not Working
Posted: 6/13/2012 5:31:25 AM
chat not comes but does not connect can you correct
 ScorpioTroy
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Chat Not Working
Posted: 6/14/2012 6:58:16 PM
Stop it with your condescending ALL CAPS attitude... paying customers are complaining here, in the forums, and it appears the majority of them agree- the shit doen't work properly! If you are saying they don't pay attention to tech issues, then maybe we should reconsider a membership here...but it takes a place like this for the MAJORITY to agree- It doesn't work! Now maybe CS will be flooded with pissed off e-mails-but we don't need any attitude from you- who are you supposed to be anyway? Do you enjoy paying for services not delivered? I highly doubt it!
 boomtiki
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Chat Not Working
Posted: 6/14/2012 9:19:02 PM
update your java and flash.
 ScorpioTroy
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Chat Not Working
Posted: 6/18/2012 5:02:12 PM
I agree- he is a clown....and the shit doesn't work- I've tested it and retested it, as I've stated in prior messages-with people I know were online and were willing to test it themselves- every single one of which I was texting at the time....I think they don't care anymore- they've made their money- and thats ok- capitalism- but some clown named Cowboy insulting me is a joke.....
 happygal_28
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Chat Not Working
Posted: 7/8/2012 9:55:03 PM
OK - my chat didn't work and I didn't whine (that I can recall)- I methodically looked at why (no one wants to chat with me wa wa) and then realized it was a POP UP blocker! And I am sure there are many other SNAFUS. THIS chat program is probably a resurrection of "a chat" program that beckoned windows93.

AND Markus is a genuine (aka a real, living) guy with a goal of a greater good than income. He didn't even allow ads when he started and always listened to the thoughts and opinions of his original members. And he acknowledged us as we matched up...and made his site FOR REAL.
 O2Nice
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Chat Not Working
Posted: 10/10/2012 9:02:16 PM
My chat worked a few days ago, but now it doesn't. For about a dozen times, I got the message that Adobe Flash Player 10.0.0 or later needed to be installed, so I installed it a dozen times. Continue to get that same stupid message. This evening, I just got a blank screen, which at the bottom said something as POF sending info or some crap. It will not work. I tried in on an iPad, and got the same message, and I don't believe that I can install Adobe on the iPad. In the help area, they suggest disabling pop-up blockers. I did that also to no avail.
 letshavefun28217
Msg: 43
Chat Not Working
Posted: 10/18/2012 10:57:51 PM
i cant understand why yahoo chat and messenger have been working almost flawlessly for 12 plus years but the chat on this huge dating site doesnt. ive used computers with 64mb of memory on yahoo and it worked great everytime. now that i have 4gb on several different laptops on POF site it will not work whatsoever. go figure.
 letshavefun28217
Msg: 44
Chat Not Working
Posted: 10/18/2012 11:17:54 PM
the chat works better than the search for people online i will say. when you can tell me there are only 2-3 women online at a time in a major city there is a problem. so a city of a million only has 2 people on chat? come on cowboy share that Kool-Aide ur drinking
 miniangel2
Msg: 47
Chat Not Working
Posted: 10/23/2012 3:01:49 PM
i;m having problems with chat and camera, shuts down to fast, complain about this but just get the same answer which is no good for me, now i can;t get on chat. on conversation no name or chat lighting up. this is getting me mad, friends help me out think its my computor but no its pof chat and cam
 H34TH3N
Msg: 51
Chat Not Working
Posted: 10/23/2012 9:09:54 PM
I would invite everyone on this forum to PLEASE take moment and click on this troll "cowboy"s profile....It will become glaringly apparent why this person would be bitter and not care about ANY features that dont work or are getting shut down.....Please look at his pictures in particular.......everything will become clear as a bell to you. Holeeee shit.
 earl16737
Msg: 52
Chat Not Working
Posted: 10/8/2013 11:36:59 PM
Im having trouble with chrome nd explorer connecting to pof. I thought there was something wrong with my laptop but when I took it in to get looked at the guy was able to succesfully connect to the site. It was working fine for a couple of days and then stopped connecting and I dont know how to fix the problem. I can access my account via phone just fine, but am getting tired of chatting with people on that. If you have any advise Id really appreciate being able to fix the problem and access my account on my laptop again.
Thanks
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Chat Not Working