Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why dont guys like girls who like football?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StraylightRunn
Msg: 11
Why dont guys like girls who like football?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Ever since women started pretending to like it as a means to attract men. I like a woman that has different interests...I believe that allows for both of us to have space. It would really suck if a woman enjoys everything I enjoy...that way when I don't really feel like being around someone I'm guaranteed to have her hovering around cause she loves all the same things. How ****ing boring is that. It's nice to find a person who can actually expose you to different things. Furthermore I think it's creepy when guys say shit like..."She's like a guy...with a vagina!!" gross! I don't want to think about any of my male friends having a vagina. The more like a man a woman is the less likely I am to like her. That includes having the same interests.
 russell5417
Msg: 13
Why dont guys like girls who like football?
Posted: 4/27/2012 1:31:24 AM
As long as she is not a huge football fan. (there is a pun here)
 tensail
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/27/2012 1:50:42 AM
ok reality is men want a feminie calm gentle woman, not a pseudo male, men dont want a mate they want a girlfriend. many females today r masculine.
 neck romancer
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2012 2:03:07 AM
I think your love for football isnt the problem. It may be that you are coming off to much like another guy. You actually stated that they said that.
This is similar to when women think men are like a brother or friend. They dont see you as someone to have sex with.
 JSNC7
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2012 2:42:06 AM
"ok reality is men want a feminie calm gentle woman, not a pseudo male, men dont want a mate they want a girlfriend. many females today r masculine."

And you may be too aggressive. That turns off a lot of men
 JSNC7
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2012 3:42:46 AM
"thanks to some who gave good advice i apperciate it and to others who think its wrong or too manly oh wellllll i cant help men cant handle a woman who knows more about the sport than men lol'

I'm not sure what happened to what I just posted.

MANY men like a woman who can be aggressive in bed.

MANY Men don't like to be proven inadequate, with what they know about Football.

Go get 'EM, Tigress : ) But pounce at the right time!
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/27/2012 5:15:23 AM

Ever since women started pretending to like it as a means to attract men.

ROFL! As IF. I can't stand sports and won't try to pretend I do for ANY man.
 grove_22
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/27/2012 5:47:06 AM
I don't mind a woman liking football. It would be more annoying when a woman pretends to like football. But doesn't know the basic rules.
 JSNC7
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2012 6:26:48 AM
" I have the same problem but it doesnt stop with football. I am a very dominant aggressive female (I also have my passive moments) and tend to emasculate the average man. "

From Merriam Webster :

Definition of EMASCULATE
transitive verb
1: to deprive of strength, vigor, or spirit : weaken

2: to deprive of virility or procreative power : castrate

3: to remove the androecium of (a flower) in the process of artificial cross-pollination
 platypus_man
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2012 6:32:30 AM
It's not the football. You advertise as BBW. Few guys are attracted to large women, and unless you still have somewhat of an 'hourglass' figure, that number declines as well (men are attracted primarily to females with a 70% waist to hip ratio, and the further away you get from that, the fewer men will be attracted; still, the ratio stays the same even if you're heavy, so there's still hope if you can maintain the feminine shape). You'll eventually find some, but it might take a while, and the more feminine ones will get the guys first. Trying to 'work your way in' by treading into traditionally male activities might help, but again, it may take a while. Also, some guys who hang out with people into that type of atmosphere might worry about taking some heat for dating a chick who's not what everybody thinks of as the stereotypically hot girl, and may not have the guts to ask you out in that same atmosphere, so keep an eye out for the guy who's keeping his eye on you, and make it easy for him to approach you without the other guys seeing. It may not be politically correct to say this stuff, but life isn't easy and sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to find your guy. Good luck.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/27/2012 6:42:46 AM
Depends if your an over zealous football fanatic or just a fan. Fanatics are glued to FB, whether it be playing, watching or participating in a fantasy league. Fans participate but their lives are not consumed by it. Perhaps you'd have better luck at a sports bar instead of fishing here.
 TedJMill
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2012 7:07:50 AM
I don't like football (or any sports), so a woman liking football would be a negative for me.
 Maleman999
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/27/2012 7:38:21 AM
Men want to have a man cave to go to-the last bastion of male dominated space. With women I've been with, their only interest in football was looking at the player's asses, and they make no secret about it. I heard there is a lingerie football league around-physically fit women playing football wearing skimpy clothes. Women find this sexist, but find skin tight pants on a male football player acceptable. The only comment I hear from women concerning a game is: "Why does the game last 20 minutes after the two minute warning?"
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:01:03 AM
To hell with all of the psychological talk.

As long as you don't mind being touched where ever than let's see what you got. Touch or tackle? It doesn't really matter. It all ends up tackle in the end.

Pray for rain.
 trinity818
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:29:04 AM
I not only like football, I used to run a Fantasy Football league. It was never a problem for any men I dated. ( I suppose those who had a problem with that, didn't ask me out in the first place. )

Understandably, what was more of a problem, was my desire to spend Sunday afternoons with my guy friends watching the games and giving each other a hard time.
 Fleuron
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/27/2012 12:05:23 PM

I meant exactly what I said, as evidenced by the collection of jars filled with testicles I keep in my basement.

Hilarious!

I grew up with three brothers and tons of neighborhood boys. I didn’t want to sit on the porch playing Barbies with the tidy girls; I played football with the boys and had fun. I even earned the nickname, ‘OJ’ and I swear that was because of my athletic skills.

OP. If some men don’t like you because you like football, forget ‘em and concentrate on the ones who like you the way you are. : )
 mrmisterme
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2012 12:27:22 PM

apparently theres alot wrong...im told that its not right for a woman to enjoy the sport simply because its a man sport and they dont want to date a" buddy"

Who told you that, a girl? Your mom? Your brother?

They have women's hockey teams now....maybe football is next.
 RT_2
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/27/2012 2:12:42 PM
Football fans tend to be intelligent. They require someone who can find the shift key, someone who uses punctuation.

Putting football or NFL or Steelers as an interest might be a good idea.

Wearing a jersey is not evidence of fandom. On this site a photo at a game in team apparel is usually taken by her ex and she's not a fan.

Gals who play football might prefer a husky guy. Because I'm built like a cornerback or kicker, they probably wouldn't think of me as more than a friend.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/27/2012 3:25:14 PM
My fiance is Australian and, although Australia is a sports loving country, he doesn't care to watch or play sports. I, on the other hand, am a football fanatic. Come August, I'm glued to the TV on Sundays and Monday nights. He's had to acclimate to it since, after all these years, I'm not about to change. He's getting more involved in the game as time goes on. He does like a baseball game in person though, so I might try and get him to a live football game also. Some men like women who enjoy sports and others feel it should be strictly 'males only'. Do what you enjoy and don't let a man make you act differently than you would if he wasn't around.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/27/2012 3:43:38 PM
I like a female that's likes to play football, I don't know what the rest of them other guys are saying? just like there are some females that enjoy UFC or Mixed Martial Arts, what's wrong with that?
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/27/2012 4:02:02 PM
I think somebody made up a thread because she wanted attention..

Hey I like football too!! PICK ME PICK ME!!
 PITBULL-OWNER91
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/28/2012 10:58:32 AM
Depends on the situation if its a tradition him an his friends share its most likely closed off to new comers (he wouldn't be allowed at girls night out right) same principal that or he's to worried about you getting hurt or felt up by the other players it really depends on the seriousness of how they play like I'm 5'11" tall 190lbs ex military and iv gotten broken ribs from playing with my friends
 TedJMill
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 9:16:35 AM
In my case it would be because I'm a guy who doesn't like football.
 RizerFizer
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/30/2012 4:38:44 PM
I personally dont like girls who are into football, i dont understand how a guy can suppoet that, its a bunch of of buff guys running around, you cant help but wonder. If youre a girl, youre not supposwd to be buff, youre not supposed to be a fat slob but pick some physical activity that corresponds with the female biology. Imagine a bf who likes pole dancing or cheer leading?
 CheezyChick
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/30/2012 4:48:29 PM

Most women dislike sports

Huh?
Umm..."Most" women speak for themselves, thank you:)

Im a big time hockey nut....but the NFL creeps into my Television screen every now and then. Especially when it gets down to the nitty-gritty.
In fact, Im getting ready to watch the Cowboys kick some Redskin butt in a bit!

If a man doesn't like me because I like football, he can kiss my Cowboy butt...lol
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why dont guys like girls who like football?