Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Inbox messages from a certain user all gone!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Clearsky14
Msg: 1
Inbox messages from a certain user all gone!Page 1 of 1    
First of all, I apologize if there is already a previous thread that addresses this, but I couldn't find one.

This evening I log in and ALL of my INBOX messages from this particular user are gone. Granted, there were a lot and some of them were over 20 days, but they were all there earlier in the day (even the old ones). However, when I go to my sent messages those are all still there. I did recently pay for that feature to see if the person read my message, and this user has read all of them, and incidentally replied to all of them (except for the last one, but I didn't send it that long ago). I know I didn't accidentally block this person, because I checked. So what is the deal? Is there anyway these messages can be recovered?
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 2
Inbox messages from a certain user all gone!
Posted: 4/27/2012 6:01:14 PM

In this section of the Forums, there is a thread which answers most of these questions for you. As this is primarily a self-serve site, you should learn to search the forums for answers.

Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help
ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) - Click HERE FIRST http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts5028773.aspx

Within that,
->POF eMai
->Can't Find An eMail - Sent or Received
-> E-Mail: Lost, Disappeared & Deleted Mail - Summary

All Inbox Messages gone, but Sent Msg Messages present = You E-Mail Blocked them

All Sent Msg Messages gone, but Inbox Messages present = they E-Mail Blocked You

All Inbox Messages present, but User Name removed = User deleted Account.

All Inbox & Sent Msg Messages disappeared = User deleted by the Admin

All Inbox & Sent Msg Messages disappeared = Flushed by the System after 20 Days

Read Mail in Inbox has disappeared = They appear after all the "Unread" ones.

Notification but no E-Mail in Inbox = Refresh Browser Page / Hold , hit F5

Sent Msg disappeared = Contact Restrictions and/or Profile or User Errors.

Hope that helps :-)

Check to see if you have accidentally block the person the conversation was with. It seems common for that to happen if you happen you use the Phone App.

You can access the list of people you have blocked by opening any message in your Inbox and scrolling down the the box in which you would normally type your response. The the right of that box, you should see the option to 'Block User' and see 'Users I Blocked'. Clicking on 'Users I Blocked' will take you to a list. See if the person you were communicating with is shown on the list and if so, click in the box alongside the username, and then go to the bottom of the page to click on the button to update/save the list.

Although this will allow the user to contact you again, I don't think it will retrieve the missing messages from previously.
 Clearsky14
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/27/2012 6:03:45 PM
thanks, but I read all of that and still couldn't find an answer .
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/27/2012 6:07:58 PM
Go and check your block list first and see if the username is on it - then come back and let me know. Then we'll look for the next possibility.

^^ Haha - I just re-read that and it sounds rather bossy which was not my intent at all.

If you would like me to try and help you figure it out, I am willing to do so. There, that's much closer to what I intended.
 Clearsky14
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/27/2012 6:31:23 PM
lol, i ill take all the help i can get :) There is no record of the person in my inbox..I scrolled through previous dates from when we first started messaging and, nothing :/...but like I said, all of my sent messages are there....
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/27/2012 6:36:04 PM
Did you manage to locate the 'Block List' from the instructions I provided ? It may be possible that you blocked him in error and that would result in what you describe.
 _sighnomore_
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/27/2012 7:23:47 PM
The persons account has been deleted. It even says right at the bottom of sent messages that "messages from DELETED users will not show up here"...Jeez!!!

All Inbox & Sent Msg Messages disappeared = User deleted by the Admin
 Clearsky14
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/27/2012 8:27:35 PM
=^ as stated previously, I kno I did not accidently block him, I checked.

^ and he is clearly not deleted if his messages still sho up in my sent box...besides I have other messages iny my inbox that indicate that the particular user has been deleted, so JEEZ yourself. :P

I thought I may have had the answer if the messages that are 20+ days old are deleted. However upon further reflection, it doesn not explain why I had messages that were 28+ days old as of this morning that are no longer there. Additionally, even the ones within the past few days are gone, so I'm still confused..

@ukimport, I do appreciate your trying to be helpful though.
 _sighnomore_
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/27/2012 8:39:25 PM

^ and he is clearly not deleted if his messages still sho up in my sent box...besides I have other messages iny my inbox that indicate that the particular user has been deleted, so JEEZ yourself. :P

well have you contacted pof it could be a technical glitch. When you click on the message, does it still show his messages and his profile or just your messages?
 Clearsky14
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/28/2012 10:50:29 AM
I did, but no response...and I didnt want too seem desperate, although now I feel that way! I just sent him a test message to see if it would allow me to, and it did...and if I go to my sent messages now it doesn't indicate when he was last online. I thought maybe he disabled that, but then I read somewhere that there's no way we can do that...I know I should it take it as a sign that this guy obviously isn't that into me, but I still kinda want to know what happened....
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/28/2012 11:37:57 AM
I'm back !

When you look at the Sent Message folder, if the column indicating when a user was last on-line is blank, that means they have not signed on within the last 24 hours.

If you add that user to your favorites, by opening their profile and clicking on the Add to Favorites near the bottom of their profile information, then from your Favorite list, you can see that date and time they last logged in, rather then the guideline that is available within your Sent Messages folder.

And honey - if this guy isn;t messaging you, and if you haven't blocked him and therefore he is able to, he's likely not all that interested. Try not to get overly emotionally invested in people on here until you meet them because often, the connection you think you have on-line, doesn't translate in the real world.

You may never know why some people don't get back to you - all you can know is they weren't interested sufficiently to continue. Don't take it personally. I would far rather meet and date someone who was excited to get to know me rather then someone who wasn't really bothered either way. Wouldn't you ?
 Clearsky14
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/28/2012 12:53:56 PM
oh, well that's good to know...so it was over 24 hours ago... Anyways, you're smart!!! how did you figure all this out?

Incidentally, this person did respond to say they were away this weekend but would write a proper message later...i wasn't always responding to his messages right away either, so perhaps he's mirroring that. I might give it a bit more time and then re-evaluate.

Anyways, No need to preach to me about having an online connection vs. real world (although I know you good intentions) but I know enough about it to be cautious. :) But I suppose you can learn from every experience.

P.S. it is strange that a lot of our messages have magically returned, although still those dating before 4/17 are gone :/
 5683ForLife
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/1/2016 9:19:39 AM
I just noticed the same problem.

His messages are gone from my inbox, but all my sent messages are still there.
I did not block him, I checked.
I can still see his profile and even sent a 'quick message' to him to find out from his end if there is a problem. (awaiting a response) if I can see his profile, he didn't block me, correct??

This has happened to 2 people I was talking to.
I just don't get it???
 5683ForLife
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/1/2016 9:24:58 AM
Them not being on doesn't apply to me because I was talking to a guy who was not on for several days and his messages are still there??

And, we had just spoke within a 24 hour period?
 AussieNancy
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/1/2016 4:35:07 PM
If you block someone you can still see them and message them. Silly really I know. The idea is, of course, that they can no longer message you.
You looked at your "Users I blocked" page and he's not there?
 comutacar
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2016 3:39:46 PM
Odd one, I sent a message and per an email I got received a message from someone but both my and her message are deleted.

I did not block her, possible I'm blocked though, just seems weird.
Her user name still exists so she wasn't moderated either.

Another Quick question, why can't I just have messages sent to me show up in the message I receive that says
"You got a message"

find it irritating I have to come here to read it.
 luckyinlove37
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2016 3:05:27 AM
I blocked someone by mistake and I'm trying to unblock them I've tried everything but nothing I went into my blocked list and he's not appeared there but I know I hasn't blocked me what can I do
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/11/2016 7:12:46 AM
If he's not on your blocked list then you haven't blocked him.
 star_1968
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/4/2017 8:02:32 PM
hello I would like to find out I had messages in my inbox and for some reason they have all disappeared why is that?
I would like to find out if they can be replaced because I had a message from a person over a month now but cant remember the username and would like it to be replaced if possible
thank you stella.
 normskey62
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/22/2017 3:58:45 PM
What does it mean when you say user has been deleted by admin
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/22/2017 6:14:44 PM
If a user has been deleted by an admin it means his profile was deleted due to a myriad of possibilities, such as scamming, spamming, abusing ToS, reported by other members (either messages or profile were against rules), et cetera.
 12djfrei
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2017 5:22:43 PM
When I went to my messages from the person they were all gone even the ones I sent. She is also gone out of my favorites. What happened?
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Inbox messages from a certain user all gone!