Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why is it so hard to find a girl for casual encounters?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gcdeb
Msg: 2
Why is it so hard to find a girl for casual encounters?Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Try craigslist.
 marie2107
Msg: 4
Why is it so hard to find a girl for casual encounters?
Posted: 4/29/2012 1:24:41 AM
Just MO but the definition of friends is different for everyone. If I am going to be friends with benefits, you would have time for me, so much so that you might as well be in a relationship. I'm very close to my friends. I need a connection with anyone I would even consider actually having sex with so that gets in the way of FB. You can meet someone and get to know them in a park or library perhaps. You just need to spend more effort in selecting women to ask out and ways to meet in public that make them feel safe and also are places that you would enjoy being. Once you get to know her, then she may agree to come to your house for dates in the future.
 ITWYLD
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/29/2012 1:32:13 AM

Myself, I am busy, work a lot, dont have much time to go out

Then YOU don't have time or energy for a RELATIONSHIP!!!!

Try the Yellow Pages under E.

Good girls DON'T need to get laid!!!
 purfectmeow
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:19:57 AM
You are simply on the wrong site for that darlin'.
Try an adult site where that is socially acceptable behavior.
Good luck with the good girl going bad thing.

You're on POF if you have not figured out what that means yet.
 LauraLab1
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:32:00 AM
Try AFF. Plenty of people there just looking for hookups.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/29/2012 3:07:46 AM
There is not enough time at the moment.

So you don't have the time for a relationship, but you think we should give away the juicy parts for free.
I think you should at least have the decency to cough up a few quid for a nob job.
Bein' that you're so incredibly successful and all...
pfft.
 a_Libra_rising
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/29/2012 3:59:07 AM
try adult friendfinder or maybe even cougar life. i'm sure there's plenty of sites that are specifically geared towards just intimate encounters/hookers. i mean, hookups.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2012 4:21:20 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^
It's not.

Depends on where you look and what you offer in return.

OH you want freebies maybe?..
Check into a time share and get the GEN SOO knife set.
Open a checking account and get a toaster..They WILL tax you on it though.LOL
 Jody_Star
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/29/2012 4:43:01 AM
Yea, why give for free what a prostitute gets $200 an hour for duuuuh.

Find a girl, take her out to eat, get her drunk and invite her over for "movies" then perform oral sex on her and demand she do the same. Shove your dick in her mouth if you have to. Then talk her ears off and say a lot of immature inconsiderate things. She definitely wont want to see you again.

Try the psych ward, also might find one there.
 lovenewyear
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/29/2012 5:12:35 AM
When it comes to sex for women, we get emotionaly attached. So that's why most women don't like to be just a FWB.
 baldguy500
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:15:49 AM
I Object....this is the site to hook up...you just have to weed thru all the mainstream square pegs who actually think they're going to find a relationship. I mean how can you people take this site seriously?? just look at the ads that "fund" POF.....its like eHarmony but with a horrible marketing plan..
 Palejewel
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:44:00 AM
This thread is hilarious!

^^^baldguy, I read your profile. Are you serious??? Having much luck with that? lol
As for this being a hook up site, I met my love on her over a year ago. We've just moved in together, and are planning where our future will take us. So it does work. Women just have to weed through all the men who have profiles on here like you do. Good luck with that buddy!

OP, most of the women on this thread have given you good advice. Look elsewhere. At your age thinking that women are just going to pull down their drawers and bend over, you are delusional. Maybe you can team up with baldguy. lol
 baldguy500
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:52:21 AM
It works for me....often? no...but my approach to the madness of it all cuts to the chase...women know exactly where i stand.

"There is no right or wrong just choices that you make"
 wildlifelover1979
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:57:01 AM
That is why I don't really care about getting married or engaged anymore. I also don't want to have kids either. Women aren't willing to compromise and give something in a relationship that a man wants (e.g. sex). I am not going to cry over spilled milk. I have no regrets or feel guility going on dates that last one date. Just becaue I am open-minded and upfront and I tell the truth on the first meeting of what I want in a relationship and that involves sex. If I end up a 80 year old man, never married, living by myself all my life, then so be it. I have spent my entire life alone. Spent my entire grade school years playing by myself and had a great time doing it. The only people I trust are my mom. If that means that I spend the rest of my life just talking to my mom, sister, grandma, cousins, aunts, and my female co-workers for family and business reasons. I won't have any regrets.

Too many women are too independent and not willing to compromise and they are so stuck on themselves that they don't even care or they refuse to change.
 Pinky127
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/29/2012 7:02:31 AM
Hey,congrats palejewel - that's fantastic!

Op,try a Sex Site or visit a hooker.
 --AAA
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/29/2012 7:40:20 AM
Why don't you want to connect to someone on an emotional level?

You have a hand, use that.
 AprilTaurus01
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/29/2012 9:00:20 AM
I am sure there are some here as other sites. Someones hook up is anothers relationship.....also try adult friend finder perhaps or someone said craigs too
 snowstorm22
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/29/2012 9:24:36 AM
why is it so hard for you not to find a hooker
 Mfforal3
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/29/2012 10:00:10 AM
"Why is it so hard to find a girl for casual encounters"

It's not....Just make sure you are looking under intimate encounters on this site. Read their profile and it will give you a good indication of what they are after..NSA is a good indication they are after a one night romp. Also make sure they are looking for a "Man" in your case. We've had several one night hook-ups with single or married women through this site, we host, they host, or hotel, a few drinks, chat, play, then say goodbye N.s.a. Just be careful of the players on here, but after a while you'll find them easy to pick out.

Wish you luck dude!

Btw: Two of the women we met here were under the "hang out" and "friends" catagories.

Cheers!
 Ed Bear
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2012 10:11:23 AM
"Give it away for free?" Still the old women-have-to-get-paid-cause-only-guys-want-sex crap?

Prostitution is paid sex. Sex where both persons get something they value and are happy to give what they can offer is common decency... and a very rare, special thing.

Don't judge a guy not looking for a life partner by the needs of those who are.

Why's it hard to find girls for casual sex? Because there's a big demand for them. That's why there are prostitutes, and people wanting to be bought everything, and people who want kids supported. And of course our society provides a great many establishments where women can seek casual sex while men buy overpriced, useless liquor.

Ditch the hangover from the era of wife-buying.
ED BEAR
 franco2O8
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/29/2012 11:40:03 AM
Army Families Federation (AFF) ???? huh?
 DeerTaint
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/29/2012 12:18:24 PM
If you find out the answer, let the other men know. POF will go out of business LOL. There is a drop down menu on your profile of searches, try choosing what you seek. If you're just looking for a warm hole, then maybe you are being too picky. Unless you are expecting a lot of super model nymphos come looking for you, perhaps go to sites specifically catering to such interests.
 bernard79
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/29/2012 12:52:52 PM
Actually it's not that hard to find. In my personal experience, men don't find too many of them, because we tend not to be honest with what we want. I can honestly say that at this currently time i do have a few friends with benefits. I told them from the start and game them the option to deal with me or not. I'm not a bad person or a player, just went threw a divorce and enjoying life again. The only issue i find with friends with benefits, they usually catch feelings. I try to keep it to 4 hits and move on like that they will not get a chance to catch feelings. The best one for friends with benefits are the ones saying " if you are looking for only sex than don't contact me" lol.....
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/29/2012 1:04:03 PM
OP - you're 23 and you are having a hard time getting laid ? hmmmmm

work on your approach, game your appearance and don't do what you've been doing...

cuz it hadn't been working...

add 2 drops of alcohol....
 no_1_bby
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2012 5:11:13 PM

OP - you're 23 and you are having a hard time getting laid ? hmmmmm

Yeah.. something is very fishy here.

Is it because of old thinking,

No.

girls dont want to just be friends with benefits,

I have done it several times in the past. Thing is.. FWB has a component to it that you're missing when you say you don't have time for a relationship.

or is it that girls prefer to have sex with their partner,

I prefer my partner, yes.

one partner,

I only have the one for now, yes.

and not to get involved in this wild stuff.

What "wild stuff"??? You've only mentioned casual encounters and FWB. That's considered wild now? Yikes! I feel sorry for the 20 somethings these days.

Myself, I am busy, work a lot, dont have much time to go out, and dont really like theese noisy places, to be honest

Most women want men to make some effort and not just expect a woman to put out because the man can't be half-arsed to put in any effort himself. You honestly might be better off calling a pro when you want laid because that's what it's sounding like to me.

Thing I have learned is that when something is important enough to you, you will make an effort to do it, even when you don't have a lot of free time to begin with.

Also.. casual and FWB are two different things to me. I think you might be looking for a FB. I had a 3 yr long FB relationship with someone. Takes a certain kind of mind set tho, and a certain personality to carry it off.

Be honest upfront with the women about what you want and what you are looking for. Let them decide if it's something they want or not. And for god's sake.. respect the no when they say it. No name calling or shaming.

Good luck!! You're going to need it.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why is it so hard to find a girl for casual encounters?