Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > We all heard of deadbeat dads-what about deadbeat moms?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Siks6
Msg: 2
We all heard of deadbeat dads-what about deadbeat moms?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Yes, it has been my boy and I only since day number 1. He is 6 now. Have not heard a word from her or a single payment. All her rights have been terminated within a year cause it was considered "abandonment" by court. That was including me trying to go out of my way and find ways to make contact her as well through Missing Parents, newspaper, letters, e-mails etc. No reply. She never wanted him to begin with. But that was a long time ago. Not sure how you would deal with the threatening e-mails. But good luck to you.
 PaminSD
Msg: 3
We all heard of deadbeat dads-what about deadbeat moms?
Posted: 5/2/2012 5:25:16 AM
I have noticed this has been going on a lot more and I just cannot fathom not having my children living with me. I am sorry for you and your children going through this.
 laskoboo
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2012 6:28:21 AM
There are indeed deadbeat moms and plenty of them... some are custodial mothers who abuse/ neglect or PAS ( parental alienation syndrome- emotionally and physically making kids block dad out of their lives). But you will not see much truth as to who they are. They live in denial about it all.
 Siks6
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/2/2012 7:15:28 AM
Indeed. But honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way :) I love being the only person he loves and relies on. Plus its just been him and I since birth so he doesn't or wouldn't know any different for him to feel that there is "someone missing" or present any feelings towards it. No need for a woman here. xD
 Goodfun1forchat
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/2/2012 6:32:27 PM
Well I am a dad of two wonderful boys. Myself and my exwife have joint shared custody of our children. I have a good paying job, and she chooses to basically not work. She is well educated and more than able to have a good job. She is in public housing, and collects social assistance just so it makes me have to pay more in child support which is not considered income where I live. I can barely afford to feed and cloth my kids when they are with me, but I scrap and scrounge so I can do for them. Now that is a dead beat mom! I am so sick and tired of women that are allowed to do this! There are plenty of women and men out there that are good, but why are women more able to get away this crap! In my opinion these are unfit mothers and do not deserve to have access to the children.
 want to travel
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2012 11:34:38 AM
Their are just as many bad mothers as fathers
fathers don't pay their support, mothers, that look at their children as meal tickets
our society is in flux
 packagedealx3
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2012 1:34:44 AM
The signing away rights thing depends on the state you are in, in many if the ncp signs away his/her right as a parent that indemnifies them against future child support claims.

My thoughts on a deadbeat mom are the same as a deadbeat dad. they are both scum, they both should be in jail and they both should be made to take some kind of responsibility!

The difference is.. single-fathers get credit for raising their kids alone and stepping up to the plate, and single women get dumped on for it. But that's another thread eh? (actually that's most of the thread on here...)

I agree, they suck, and "normal" people don't get how any parent can fail to take care of their children emotionally and financially. My ex pays support on time, that I'm grateful for but he doesn't pay his half of all the other expenses and his idea of quality time with his kids is picking them up from school, stopping at Jack-in-the-Box and dropping them home, and he lives five minutes away if you hit traffic. When my earnings were dramatically curtailed and I mentioned to a friend that while my x makes six figures I didn't have the money to take the kids to the dentist she was horrified because no matter what the situation with her husband he would never have allowed his children to go without basic medical or dental care because she couldn't make co-pays.

There is really no point in talking about it except to encourage each other to support other parents period, whether male, female, single, married, and if you're going through this just do your best to forget the b.s. of the other parent because it will not change the offensive parent's behavior and just makes you crazy which diminishes your ability to parent well.
 p213p
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/10/2012 3:07:31 PM
My ex owes me 2,100 right now and refused to fulfill the court ordered seek work order. She lost custody of her "daughter " which says a lot right there. How often does a mom loose custody of a daughter to the father???
 ilovehistory
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2012 1:00:17 AM
I got custody of my son 4 years ago after the state of Indiana locked her up in the state psychiatric hospital. She spent a year there. After she got out, she took me to court to try to get custody back, and she lost. She had married a guy she met in the hospital who has the same mental problems she has! She never paid support, but I told the court I didn't want or need it. My ex has no money, and squeezing the poor for child support is immoral (that's my belief, I know some will disagree). Plus, my lawyer said the child support authorities will never make her pay even if the court ordered it, because she told me the child support people in our county don't believe women should pay, even if they have money. My ex did keep in contact with my son till last year, when she had a baby with her husband. She then lost all interest in our son. In the last year, she has seen him twice. The last time was 2 weeks ago, and she had my son take all of his toys and stuff he had at her place back to my place. We think she wanted his stuff gone to make more room for her new baby, and we do not expect to see her again. She is welcome to see him if she wants, but we do not expect her to ask.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 9:28:58 PM
I agree with Tealwood that both parents shuld be held to the same standard, and more often than not, they are, in the legal sense. CS is often a very simple calculation, percentage of income. The courts do not decide what your income is or should be, the court only decides what percentage of any ncp's income is required to contribute to the suppport of their child(ren), and even then only when cs is not agreed upon by both parties; no one is forced to collect or to seek cs collection via the system. The calculation behind that percentage is arguable, perhaps, but decisions as to how parents choose to divide their income between funding children & their attributable expenses are best agreed upon by the parents, and more often than not they are, despite what we read here. I do take issue with the statement that we should all be prepared to "go it alone", as that goes against the very nature of family. CS exists as a means to force a parent to take financial responsibilty & would not be necessary at all if two parties would acknowledge their responsibility and choices from the get go. Monetary sacrifices need not be borne by children; responsible adults pay the price for their mistakes, and bear the sacrifice personally. In reality, this is often the case, even if it may seem to be otherwise from reading these posts. More parents than not accept less than statutory cs & more ncps's than not contribute more than what is required by law, all in the name of love for their children. A good thing, if you ask me, and as it should be.
 vltheeo
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2012 12:46:15 PM
Hi TexasDude, as sorry as I was to read your post it is great that so many people here have shown their support and admiration for you. I am a single parent also and my daughter, who is 9, has now started telling people she doesn't have a Dad. He has never laid eyes on her once. Never contributed financially or emotionally. However his family are great and it's wonderful that my little lady has them as I think it's important for her sense of "belonging".

Keep going and doing the fantastic job you are. And when your child starts asking about his mother (if he hasn't already) just keep it neutral. I would tell my daughter that her Dad never calls or visits because "he must be busy" or "he probably doesn't have credit". I never badmouth him to her cos she needs to come to her own conclusions about him. I need her to trust me and believe me when I'm trying to advise her when she's older. So being neutral and not having me colouring her judgement about him now will help me support her as she gets older.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/26/2012 4:53:07 PM
I dont associate with dead beat moms, let trash stay with trash.
 Wullis
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2012 10:19:11 PM
The pendulum does swing both ways.

Like other single guys here, I didn't even ask for support. My sons conseller said, after talking with my sons mother, that if I was awarded support his mother would never see our son again. I think at that time in my sons life it would have been devastating for him to lose all contact.
Now eight years later, She sees him on occasion, sometimes they have fun sometimes she cusses him out and tells him he's not her son. This year I bought the stuff to make a cake for his birthday and because she has no money offered to let her bake the cake, she said 'sure if you pay me $50'. I think that says it all!!!!

deadbeat isn't just a monetary distinction in my opinion
 TC2u
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/27/2012 3:28:32 PM
"A mothers love is very important to kids.

JV1979, I kept that thought for years. Even though she never helped financially. He's almost 18 now, if I had to do it again, I'd of cut her off. Maybe that would've made her grow up.
 five-marie
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2012 7:08:22 PM
I've known a couple dead beat mom's. Fathers stepped up and raised the kids alone. In both cases when the children were older (and all the hard work done) they wanted to be a part of their lives. The children had no interest.
Deadbeat parents, man or woman, do a lot of damage to their children. Imagine being rejected by the one person that's supposed to love you unconditionally.
 ilovehistory
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2012 5:05:45 PM

I have had my son since he was 2 1/2. He's 13 now. The egg donor bailed when he was diagnosed with cancer. He's recovered now.

Your son's mother left because the child got cancer???!! What a f--cking ****! I'm glad he is healthy now.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2012 8:34:28 PM

What struggle? I ate when I had the money....I lived or stayed in places based on the income I was earning! My lifestyle or quality of living was based on what I was able to do it terms of employment and choices I made. If I had no food or no money for a place to sleep....that was my own fault and not someone elses.....society does not owe me a lifestyle or a quality of life....I alone have the responsiblity of determining how I will live or not live.

Responsibility for one's choices doesn't equate to the inability to admit the struggle. Accepting assistance does not equate to society owing you anything. Frankly, I think you have some deep seeded issues to deal with.

Let's face it, your kids weren't subjected to the lifestyle of that time in your life, now were they? They weren't forced to eat only when you could afford food for them, were they? Forced to live in a car, were they? Do you have an intense aversion to helping the unfortunate? or the young victims of a vindictive or uneducated parent? Surely, a parent has a responsibility toward their child(ren), but since we as a society pay the price for wayward children, wouldn't you rather acknowedge that contributing to the betterment of society entails assisting those who may need your help? After all, our tax dollars contribute toward the (individual, home schooled) environment of those children deemed too violent to be in our public schools on a daily basis; why not contribute towards their neccessities while allowing them to have at least parent around who cares instead? You seem to suggest that, in the case of the particular poster you seemingly need to berate, working 32 hours/wk is insufficient. Have you such harsh words for my ex, who chose to cut his hours to 30/wk so as to reduce cs? Is that we are to call fair? Since I have my kids 24/7 and work in excess of 60 hrs/wk , am I to suppose that that is what makes me a better parent? I think not, and the fact that I disagree with you doesn't mean that my priorties are misplaced, even if you tell yourself that. How convenient to judge when even your own scenario doesn't apply to you. Some small concessions as to having a heart might go a long way in your favor. Just sayin'.
 goddessphilly64
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 11:27:00 AM
KIDS COME FIRST I AGREE
 goddessphilly64
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2012 11:30:23 AM
YOU WILL BE FINE AND A SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO YOU!!!!!! STAY STRONG.I DO NOT KNOW YOU BUT I AM PROUD OF YOU .HE IS YOUR CHILD REGARDLESS.PEACE DAD..........NEED MORE FATHERS LIKE YOU
 Yousendme
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/10/2012 4:50:35 PM
I'm a single dad, my wife left me our two kids, a 4 yr old(6 days after her 4th birthday) and a 5 year old. The are 13 and 15 now. She has seen them once in 10 years, and never has never done anything for them. I went and filed child support about 2 years ago. I receive $20 a month, For two teenagers.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/17/2012 10:38:07 AM
I lived though this with my ex's 1st dead beat husband. Lack of child support, in court constantly over unfounded accusations, not providing health coverage, no show visitation even when planned & such. What a long term mess it made of the kids.

Never in my wildest dreams thought I'd have to live it again as a STEP DAD & their mom the dead beat, so I didn't. I made do with what we had, worked longer hours to make ends meet & let mom be responsible for her relationship with her kids without my bad mouthing her or responding to her bad mouthing me. Court approved custody, for medical emergencies & such, was all I sought & that came by default since she didn't show.

5 years later that no show in court came back to haunt her. She assumed a big pay day was coming, during our divorce & from selling the house, but the judge slapped her with back child support. In the end she owed me money. I just wanted it over at that point & agreed to ownership of the house outright.
 Daddywombat
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2012 7:53:25 PM
I am dealing with a deadbeat mom. She recived a very nice inheritance from her aunt and decide she no longer wanted to be a mother. Those were her exact words. She now lives on the other side of the country and spent all her money following a boy band from the 1990's around the country. We are actually happier without her, but still my three little ones need some kinds of relationship with their mother.
 chilldad35
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 6:09:25 PM
I have dealt with a lot of the same things my friend. My ex screwed my over and left me with our daughter.... the only difference is that she was on drugs and has now landed in prison. I have had my daughter for 3 and a half years now and have never gotten a penny from her nor do I expect to. It's great to see other guys stand up and do the right thing. I am sure it will all work out in the end since it sounds like she abandoned the kids rather than take them with her. Any judge should see this for what it is..... keep your head up man
 HunterOfDeadbeats
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/23/2013 3:23:53 PM
Deadbeat Mom, Misty Strong aka Misty Daniels aka Misty Dawn Daniels aka Misty Dawn Strong aka Misty Dawn Daniels Strong. She now resides in the Hoquiam, WA or Aberdeen, WA area and is on the prowl looking for more victims. Protect yourself!

She preys upon men on the internet to impregnate her, so she can trap them. She has 3 children by 3 different fathers. She has abused, abandoned and neglected at least her first two, and actually led another family to believe her first child belonged to them for 2 years, knowing all well that child did not belong to them. Misty Dawn Daniels Strong, formerly of Denton, TX, Norman, OK, Oklahoma City, OK, Enid, OK, Blue Ridge, GA, Richmond Hill, GA, Hinesville, GA, Ft. Stewart, GA, El Paso, TX, Ft. Bliss, TX and the list goes on! As you can see, she's had many addresses and always lives off someone else, a TOTAL LOSER!! She abandoned her first child as an infant, and abandoned her second child at birth. That child's father is an illegal Mexican.

Her last victim got his taxes garnished for her child support, because she never paid it, and is now far behind again, because he's not around to get garnished anymore. She got pregnant by him while he was married to another woman and they had three children together. That victim divorced that wife with the three kids and married this deadbeat after they had a child together. He kicked her to the curb when he got tired of her sponging off him, and she's now on the prowl for another victim. I've seen her on here, she's hunting...

BEWARE OF THIS PREDATOR!!

www.facebook.com/mistydawn1081
 TheLiberator
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2013 5:18:15 AM

I do however wonder how they kids feel when they are older knowing that this woman decided to keep them carried them for 9 months went through hours of labour and still couldnt or wouldnt love them enough to stick around.

Feels bad man.

It does make it harder when a serious relationship fails. Those old feelings of abandonment come flooding back again.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > We all heard of deadbeat dads-what about deadbeat moms?